Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal Targets/Jans

vCash

Portal Targets/Jans

I haven't heard who Jans may be looking at in the portal for next year but I would suggest looking at Jamarion Sharp from Western Kentucky. He's 7'5" and appears to be pretty athletic for his size.

https://youtu.be/RuQaOwbrLWc

vCash
    Per Twitter, we have contacted a shit ton of people. Don’t know much about them, but there is a guy who puts who has been in contact either certain recruits and we have literally been on every list.

I do remember the kid from Arizona State off hand.

vCash
    We are in the top 10 for BJ Mack. We have had an in home with him.
    Last edited by ZedFedder; 03-29-2023 at 06:55 AM.

vCash
    Mack is probably going to Michigan, but he would be a nice addition if we can sway him away from Ann Arbor

vCash

For me, top target would be:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I haven't heard who Jans may be looking at in the portal for next year but I would suggest looking at Jamarion Sharp from Western Kentucky. He's 7'5" and appears to be pretty athletic for his size.

https://youtu.be/RuQaOwbrLWc
    Oquendo from Georgia. The guy can score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Istvan Teleky View Post
    Oquendo from Georgia. The guy can score.
    He's also entered his name in the NBA draft. If he stays in school he would be another one I would like to get in addition to the Withers kid from Louisville.

vCash
    I think we feel good about the Florida transfer Kowacie Reeves Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I think we feel good about the Florida transfer Kowacie Reeves Jr
    Really good. Not sure what to think about him. He is a younger DJ with a little more athleticism but a worse 3 pt shooter.

vCash
    I've seen a bunch of portal targets we are after on facebook and twitter. If Jans can get a couple scorers/shooters we are going to be good next year

vCash
    I didn?t know we were on Reeves that hard. That is good to hear. He definitely has huge potential. He doesn?t address the shooting need, but he would be a defensive menace in Jans?s defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Really good. Not sure what to think about him. He is a younger DJ with a little more athleticism but a worse 3 pt shooter.
    Totally agree. I'd rather focus on more natural scorers but supposedly North Carolina is in on him as well. If true, there must be more to his game than I realize.

vCash
    Have we lost anyone to the portal?

vCash
    Can we get Cam Carter back? Seriously, was he determined to leave or did we not want to keep him?

vCash
    I look at possible fits differently. If you can fill it up, and play defense that?s great. If you can fill it up, and willing to play defense that?s good. If you can?t fill it up, but plays defense that?s ok, but that?s not what we need. We need scorers that are at least coachable defenders. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Can we get Cam Carter back? Seriously, was he determined to leave or did we not want to keep him?
    No. He was only hear because of Howland and Ziegler. They are gone and so is he.

vCash
    Totally agree. I'd rather focus on more natural scorers but supposedly North Carolina is in on him as well. If true, there must be more to his game than I realize.
    Programs are recruiting him because his potential is through the roof, which it is. However, we've been stung too much by potential the last couple of years in another sport...........

vCash
    Are we sure Tolu is returning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Are we sure Tolu is returning?
    Sounds like he's going to get his draft grade from the NBA then decide. Probably a smart move just to see where he stands.

vCash
    Sounds like he's going to get his draft grade from the NBA then decide. Probably a smart move just to see where he stands.
    If his determination is based on his NBA grade, I would think he's almost certainly coming back. Because he won't get drafted. My concern was more overseas or just not wanting to play college ball anymore. If his decision is NBA vs. college, then he'll be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If his determination is based on his NBA grade, I would think he's almost certainly coming back. Because he won't get drafted. My concern was more overseas or just not wanting to play college ball anymore. If his decision is NBA vs. college, then he'll be back.
    I agree, a good NBA draft grade is implausible. I imagine this will come down to an agreeable NIL deal on both sides, otherwise it's overseas for Tolu.