Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal Targets/Jans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Programs are recruiting him because his potential is through the roof, which it is. However, we've been stung too much by potential the last couple of years in another sport...........
    I don't think we're going to see a lot of people waste their potential under Jans. They may transfer out because they don't like how hard they are required to play, but they won't just come in and not improve. Now that said, some people are just not scorers and I don't think Jans is going to perform any real magic with them. But the type of improvement that Moore had this year is likely. Better playing and decision making, even if the actual shooting doesn't improve that much.

vCash
    Need to get a big NIL deal together to get Javian McCollum from Siena to come to Starkville.

#AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    I saw something today that said there are over 1,000 players in the portal. That's crazy.

vCash
    There are tons of really good guards in the portal already. Jans has to go get a couple, I've been saying it for years now you win college basketball with good guard play. Go look at the remaining tourney teams, all of them have explosive scoring guard play. Heck FAU has about 6 or 7 good guards that contribute and that's what got them to the elite 8.

vCash
    Bumping this as BJ Mack has narrowed it down to his top 5 and unfortunately we didn't make the cut.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/co...on-top-5-list/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Bumping this as BJ Mack has narrowed it down to his top 5 and unfortunately we didn't make the cut.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/co...on-top-5-list/
    Thanks for the update.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't think we're going to see a lot of people waste their potential under Jans. They may transfer out because they don't like how hard they are required to play, but they won't just come in and not improve. Now that said, some people are just not scorers and I don't think Jans is going to perform any real magic with them. But the type of improvement that Moore had this year is likely. Better playing and decision making, even if the actual shooting doesn't improve that much.
    Yep. Don't play D, you won't see the floor under Jans. Any word on Murphy and Russell? How about Cam, DJ, Shaq, and Will?
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 04-04-2023 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No. He was only hear because of Howland and Ziegler. They are gone and so is he.
    Was he "here", or can he "hear"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Was he "here", or can he "hear"?
    He cannot hear that we would like him to come back. Sad really.

vCash
    Some of you mentioned Reeves from Florida was looking at us. Just saw he is going to Georgia Tech to play for Stoudemire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Some of you mentioned Reeves from Florida was looking at us. Just saw he is going to Georgia Tech to play for Stoudemire.
    If we lost to GT, ouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we lost to GT, ouch
    I don't think we were ready to take him. Waiting to see what DJ does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we lost to GT, ouch
    We've already missed on a few players who had us in their top 5 to 10.. Jans is a heck of a coach, especially defensively but that doesn't appeal to alot of kids who want to run up and down the court and score and I think that may be part of the reason Jans has struggled in recruiting so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    We've already missed on a few players who had us in their top 5 to 10.. Jans is a heck of a coach, especially defensively but that doesn't appeal to alot of kids who want to run up and down the court and score and I think that may be part of the reason Jans has struggled in recruiting so far.
    Yeah that Hubbard kid we got that scored the most points ever in the history of the state of Mississippi really didn't like Jans philosophy on basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Yeah that Hubbard kid we got that scored the most points ever in the history of the state of Mississippi really didn't like Jans philosophy on basketball.
    I?m a huge fan of Jans, but the only reason he chose State was because Kermit was fired. He chose them, we just got lucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I?m a huge fan of Jans, but the only reason he chose State was because Kermit was fired. He chose them, we just got lucky
    But he also chose Kermit and had an established relationship with them well before Jans came to campus.

So sure Kermit getting fired helped, but had Jans been at MSU 2-3 years and had a chance to develop that relationship longer term, can we say he would t have initially committed to MSU? No way.

Plus he didn't have to commit to Jans. He could have committed somewhere else. But he didn't.

vCash
    Jans may have been late to the portal last season, but please improve over Horton and Reed at "shooting" guard.

vCash
    We?re not adding as many in the portal as most think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Hubbard initially committed to Ole Miss with Jans at State, he wants to play at a hometown school. Good get by Jans nonetheless but AGAIN, Jans has struggled and missed out on alot of portal guys, even last year. I stand by my statement, Jans is a heck of a coach especially defensively but his recruiting so far has been bad other than Hubbard.

He will have to step that area up for us, it's just the truth! Fans are just afraid of reality and the truth and what I'm saying is the truth