Thread: Hit a double celebrations?..

vCash

Hit a double celebrations?..

At 2nd base should cease when you are 0-6 in the SEC and were embarrassed over the weekend. Bad look if you ask me.

vCash
    I've always thought double celebrations were in bad taste. Like hah, I almost got a homerun off of you, but instead I only got to 2nd base. Let me dance on this bag....

vCash
    I bet both of you just wiped the dirt off your M State uniform when you got a double at the dude huh….

vCash
    Never been a fan of it. If you get HBP and balked to 2nd do you still get to shake your ass?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Never been a fan of it. If you get HBP and balked to 2nd do you still get to shake your ass?
    Well. The Samford guy got HBP and walked to 2nd on the second pitch to the next batter because Nixon didn?t hold him and the catcher couldn?t throw him out. So he should have been

dancing and singing and swaying to the music!

Play that funky music!

vCash
    People get mad if you pimp a HR, but you can do the Hokey Pokey at 2nd and no one really takes exception.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    If we were 20-6 and playing hard then I don't mind the celebrations, but when you are struggling to win games cut the pimping crap out and get your game in shape.

vCash
    Takes on a "look at me moment", along with who has the most gold necklaces, (Did Mr. T play baseball?). Also tired of the chest pump when two strikes down when we are getting crushed. Disclaimer: I don't notice any of this and don't care if we are winning!**** BTW: I hated the white batting helmets Sunday worse than white football helmets.

vCash
    **** that bush league bullshit! Dancing on second or third is NOT a part of baseball?.period!! As you can tell, I HATE IT, regardless of our record.

vCash
    I hate the "home plate stomp". This aint WWE and you aint hard.

Get off my lawn!
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Every team in the country does it. It doesn't matter. That's like people in the lounge complaining that the speakers are too loud and it's interrupting their conversations. Just let the kids have fun, hell there's not much fun to have these days anyways.

vCash
    Well not getting political here but ….. it was allowed to start, after a while it was accepted and now it is expected and the norm. Take with it what you will…….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Takes on a "look at me moment", along with who has the most gold necklaces, (Did Mr. T play baseball?). Also tired of the chest pump when two strikes down when we are getting crushed. Disclaimer: I don't notice any of this and don't care if we are winning!**** BTW: I hated the white batting helmets Sunday worse than white football helmets.
    It is the social media, selfie, look at me generation and time we live. It ain't real healthy. I have no problem celebrating a HR or the players having fun in the game. I just know when I played sports back decades ago, we didn't celebrate nothing during a game. It was high end compete, we were dialed in on current play or the next play. On the field or court, it was time to perform. Celebrating anything until game was over just wasn't in our DNA.

Again way before internet, social media, selfies, etc. The Me stuff now ain't good overall.

vCash
    Most do it facing the students in Right field area. That's where their buddies are.

I have no problem with it. But yeah, it goes over much better when the team is competitive.

This team is not competitive. This is NOT a TEAM. This team has no Mangum/Allen/R. Jordan, or nothing close.

vCash
    < Insert angry old men gif here >

vCash
    Y'all realize they're playing a game right? a game. We're watching a game... a game... It's not like they're lawyers in a courtroom. Who gives a sh*t if they do a little dance on 2nd base? If you want serious, go watch Days of our Lives or some shit. If sports aren't about having fun, then what the f*ck is? The "Back in my day we didn't believe in fun" crowd can just keep not having fun like they never did anyway apparently. I'm glad that a player can find some enjoyment while everything around them is burning down. Good for them for not taking everything so serious that they aren't allowed to enjoy things.

vCash
    I get tired of the look at me celebrations in sports in general, but if they are going to exist, I don't think you can tell a team stop celebrating because they are having a shitty season. Doesn't seem likely to help to tell them to stop acting like they are enjoying beating Samford because they are a shitty SEC team.

I do agree that the look at me celebrations in a game that you are losing should be something to get you benched. Save your choregraphed move for something other than an 9 yard reception on 2nd and 15 when you're down by three touchdowns in the third quarter. Doesn't mean you can't get excited, but that's a good time to be focused on the game and not a choreographed number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    If sports aren't about having fun, then what the f*ck is? .
    Ain't no fun in taking an "L" in every single conference game.

Maybe we should drop out of the SEC and go have "FUN" in the Sunbelt or AAC or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Y'all realize they're playing a game right? a game. We're watching a game... a game... It's not like they're lawyers in a courtroom. Who gives a sh*t if they do a little dance on 2nd base? If you want serious, go watch Days of our Lives or some shit. If sports aren't about having fun, then what the f*ck is? The "Back in my day we didn't believe in fun" crowd can just keep not having fun like they never did anyway apparently. I'm glad that a player can find some enjoyment while everything around them is burning down. Good for them for not taking everything so serious that they aren't allowed to enjoy things.
    The game is a sport and the players are to have sportsmanship, you know respect for their opponent. Treat them the way you want to be treated. Sportsmanship went out the window years ago! Now it is all about ME!