Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siary Tuesday. Loftin to weekend.

vCash

Siary Tuesday. Loftin to weekend.

I like it.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Baseball as of late is like football before the Kang. win out of conference and loose in conference games, for the most part.

vCash
    Had to be done. Hope it works.

vCash
    These 2 freshmen pitchers are all that can save lemonis imo

vCash
    Don?t forget that Dohm and Holcombe are both sophomores. That?s our four best arms.

vCash
    Get someone competent who can coach and hold on to those guys, and we may be okay.

vCash
    Might as well go for it we don't have really have anything to lose and at the very least they'll be seasoned for next year.

vCash
    What happened to our older guys? Did Fox ruin them or what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dam Beardo! You have asked the sixtyfour thousand question and a very valid one. Name me one pitcher who has gotten better under him/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well...just going off of opening weekend guys...

Cade got sick.

KC Hunt is simply better out of the bullpen

Gartman is potentially losing his spot although we're not helping him by asking him to go through the lineup four times either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Might as well go for it we don't have really have anything to lose and at the very least they'll be seasoned for next year.
    Exactly. Give them SEC weekend experience.

If I were in their shoes I would start Loftin, Loo and Holcombe. Although if Holcombe is out there questioning Foxhall on the mound I kind of of doubt they'll start him.

That would allow us to use Dohm, Gartman, Hunt, and Nixon out of the bullpen.

If they decide to start Cade Smith then we could use Holcombe out of the bullpen but I think Holcombe is better as a starter based on what I've seen.

We have something to work with- we just leave them in the game too long.

vCash
    My preference is still to start Dohm, Holcombe, and maybe piggyback Loo and Loftin.

vCash
    I'd like to see Dohm, Cade, Lo in that order. Loftin until Cade gets back. Assuming Nixon can come in at ent end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Give them SEC weekend experience.

If I were in their shoes I would start Loftin, Loo and Holcombe. Although if Holcombe is out there questioning Foxhall on the mound I kind of of doubt they'll start him.

That would allow us to use Dohm, Gartman, Hunt, and Nixon out of the bullpen.

If they decide to start Cade Smith then we could use Holcombe out of the bullpen but I think Holcombe is better as a starter based on what I've seen.

We have something to work with- we just leave them in the game too long.
    Outside of the walks my biggest complaint is how long we've left guys in. We've had some guys have some good outings but instead of pulling them we've left them in an inning to long and close games have become blowouts and also has to be deflating to a pitcher. Latest example, Gartman pitches 5 strong inning and its 3-1. I would've pulled him after 5 but i don't have a problem leaving him into to start the 6th. When the first guy reaches though you go get him and keep it close and he leaves feeling good. And most certainly you pull him after the hr when it's 5-1. Instead we leave him out there to give up 4 more hits and 3 more runs and it's pretty much game over and Gartman feels terrible. His velo was Down 4-5 mph that inning. That's just the latest example but there have been many this year. And I get that it's easy for me to be an armchair coach but still....

JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Outside of the walks my biggest complaint is how long we've left guys in. We've had some guys have some good outings but instead of pulling them we've left them in an inning to long and close games have become blowouts and also has to be deflating to a pitcher. Latest example, Gartman pitches 5 strong inning and its 3-1. I would've pulled him after 5 but i don't have a problem leaving him into to start the 6th. When the first guy reaches though you go get him and keep it close and he leaves feeling good. And most certainly you pull him after the hr when it's 5-1. Instead we leave him out there to give up 4 more hits and 3 more runs and it's pretty much game over and Gartman feels terrible. His velo was Down 4-5 mph that inning. That's just the latest example but there have been many this year. And I get that it's easy for me to be an armchair coach but still....

JMO
    Lemonis said he's left guys in too long. He said the issue is that he believes the guy on the mound is still better than anyone he could bring in. Basically no confidence in the pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Dam Beardo! You have asked the sixtyfour thousand question and a very valid one. Name me one pitcher who has gotten better under him/
    I really can only name one, Jared Liebelt.

I think the most interesting thing will be to see how our pitchers look next year with a different PC. If they look the same or only slightly better then it is obvious this staff could never recruit and it really was all the talent that Andy and John brought in that won the National Championship. If they look night and day then we truly know it was Foxhall and his lack of development

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Lemonis said he's left guys in too long. He said the issue is that he believes the guy on the mound is still better than anyone he could bring in. Basically no confidence in the pen.
    In his defense, the pen really has not given us anything to be confident about in the last 13 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yeah but you still can't leave guys out there who are getting shelled, and that philosophy hasn't worked this year or last. You have to try something else. He left hunt in with Dohm ready the first game against uk and it cost us the game. Dohm>Hunt.

And that may have been true last year but we have some better arms in the pen this year. Hunt was ready to come in the 6th for Gartman and we didn't bring him in until it was to late.

We had Hunt, Loftin, Nixon, Holcombe and Tapper in the pen. Why let Landon meltdown?
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 03-28-2023 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Well, if the guy on the mound is better than the guy he could bring in from the pen, then why are we moving guys from the pen to be starters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrosscityDawg View Post
    Well, if the guy on the mound is better than the guy he could bring in from the pen, then why are we moving guys from the pen to be starters?

Paraphrasing.... he said it was to keep from trying to not lose the series at the cost of winning the game.