Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Outside of the walks my biggest complaint is how long we've left guys in. We've had some guys have some good outings but instead of pulling them we've left them in an inning to long and close games have become blowouts and also has to be deflating to a pitcher. Latest example, Gartman pitches 5 strong inning and its 3-1. I would've pulled him after 5 but i don't have a problem leaving him into to start the 6th. When the first guy reaches though you go get him and keep it close and he leaves feeling good. And most certainly you pull him after the hr when it's 5-1. Instead we leave him out there to give up 4 more hits and 3 more runs and it's pretty much game over and Gartman feels terrible. His velo was Down 4-5 mph that inning. That's just the latest example but there have been many this year. And I get that it's easy for me to be an armchair coach but still....

JMO
Lemonis said he's left guys in too long. He said the issue is that he believes the guy on the mound is still better than anyone he could bring in. Basically no confidence in the pen.