Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook Moving Forward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Except we don't have a bullpen coach. We have 3 coaches on the field. If you fire Lemonis and Foxhall, which btw I would do today if I thought there was an interim option, you have to understand that it'll be Jake and student assts or managers running the team.
    I?d roll with that

Season is shot so give them the freedom to develop

These dudes are used to that with their summer teams

Banned
    vCash
    You have to do something now to not only develop young talent the rest of the year but to give them hope that they can have a future here. Otherwise we are looking at a RickRay type rebuild which may be easier now with transfer but still takes time starting from scratch.

We must take something positive away from this wasted year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Doesn't this lineup have 4 transfers? Doesn't speak well for our recruiting and development recently and that doesn't even address the pitching issues.

vCash
    Outlook moving forward: PAIN, lots of PAIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Friend of mine feels the same. Big baseball fan & season ticket holder who also has a home in Starkville, but has to drive 3 hours to baseball games. Says not planing to go to anymore games this season.
    The outfield is still fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The outfield is still fun.
    Yep. There will still be 3-4000 there every home weekend to perform in the drink fest and see just how bad the team can perform. And there will still be the 1000 or so chairback owners who will come and eat peanuts and talk about gardening and their trip to see the grandkids and about so&so in the church and applaud politely when someone hits a solo homerun down by 6 runs when that same batter struck out 2 innings ago with the bases loaded or grounded into a 6-4-3 DP with the Bases Loaded. I don?t remember how many Homeruns State hit last year but I?m pretty sure they hit more than half of them with the bases empty and the same guys left a small village on the base paths their other 3 ABs. Same crap is happening this year too. Check ho many solos this team has hit. I bet it is over half the total. You know what. A 2 run single is more valuable than a Solo HR. You know how I know? I lernt rithmatik in skool!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I really don't know what to do at this point. It's obvious we are in for another long season and some decisions that will need to be made at season's end. What do we think is the best option moving forward? Do we keep trying to salvage what we can and try to show improvement or do we just blow it up now, play the freshman, and take our lumps.
    Prediction? In the words of MrT - Pain

Banned
    vCash
    I just wonder what the convo will resemble in 2 or 3 weeks when this loss column is up in the twenties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I just wonder what the convo will resemble in 2 or 3 weeks when this loss column is up in the twenties.
    That the entire staff will be let go at the end of the year. Same as it is now. We can want the staff to go as much as we want, and trust me I do, but it is just not happening mid year. It would have happened today if that was the case.