Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Moving Forward

vCash

Outlook Moving Forward

I really don't know what to do at this point. It's obvious we are in for another long season and some decisions that will need to be made at season's end. What do we think is the best option moving forward? Do we keep trying to salvage what we can and try to show improvement or do we just blow it up now, play the freshman, and take our lumps.

vCash
    1. Fire Foxhall now. I really think we can salvage the season if get rid of him. Who replaces him and who calls pitches is irrelevant because it's that bad.

For example- Saturday we left Gartman in too long. If we pulled him an inning or so before we actually did we would have had a chance to be close to tied or have a lead late.

Start Loo on Friday and then Loftin on Saturday- it's probably too late anyway so if they takes some lumps while we're getting them some experience so be it.

Start Holcombe on Sunday.

Move Dohm back to the pen and move Gartman to the pen.

Cade Smith is the midweek guy when he comes back.

We may see some guys emerge or re-emerge without Foxhall. Like Tyler Davis and Yntema.

Keep Hujsack at third.

vCash
    I think the next couple series decide how fast you move to turning loose all the FR. But is a lame duck coach going to really give a crap if it gets to that? Probably not. I'm already preparing myself for player losses along with a coaching search.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-26-2023 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    Lemonis has no choice but to play to win now. His seat is on fire.

Need to shake up the weekend rotation. Throw your best 3 arms. Pray they can get thru the order twice.

Fri-Lo
    Sat-Dohm
    Sun-Holcolmb

Narrow down your weekend bullpen to your top 5 guys whoever they may be.

Stick with this consistent Lineup:

1. Larry, 2B
    2. Ledbetter, CF
    3. Hines, DH
    4. Chance, LF
    5. Hancock, 1B
    6. Hujsak, 3B
    7. Clark, RF
    8. Highfill, C
    9. Mershon, SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    1. Fire Foxhall now. I really think we can salvage the season if get rid of him. Who replaces him and who calls pitches is irrelevant because it's that bad.

For example- Saturday we left Gartman in too long. If we pulled him an inning or so before we actually did we would have had a chance to be close to tied or have a lead late.

Start Loo on Friday and then Loftin on Saturday- it's probably too late anyway so if they takes some lumps while we're getting them some experience so be it.

Start Holcombe on Sunday.

Move Dohm back to the pen and move Gartman to the pen.

Cade Smith is the midweek guy when he comes back.

We may see some guys emerge or re-emerge without Foxhall. Like Tyler Davis and Yntema.

Keep Hujsack at third.
    We're not firing Foxhall. That's just off the table. I wish it wasn't, but it's not going to happen. That wouldn't help this train wreck season anyways. We need 14 SEC wins to make the tournament coming home which means we have to go 14-10 with our remaining schedule. That schedule includes trips to LSU and Tennessee. If you just wanted to make the SEC tournament you'd probably need 10 wins coming home which means going 10-14. That is more manageable, but still difficult because you're already conceding 4-6 losses to LSU and Tennessee. Also, Lemonis makes the final call on when to pull someone so leaving Gartman out there too long is on him.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-26-2023 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We're not firing Foxhall. That's just off the table. I wish it wasn't, but it's not going to happen. That wouldn't help this train wreck season anyways. We need 14 SEC wins to make the tournament coming home which means we have to go 14-10 with our remaining schedule. That schedule includes trips to LSU and Tennessee. If you just wanted to make the SEC tournament you'd probably need 10 wins coming home which means going 10-14. That is more manageable, but still difficult because you're already conceding 4-6 losses to LSU and Tennessee. Also, Lemonis makes the final call on when to pull someone so leaving Gartman out there too long is on him.
    So you?ve already discussed this idea with Keenum and Selmon and they told you it is <off the table> ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    So you?ve already discussed this idea with Keenum and Selmon and they told you it is <off the table> ?
    No. I used what little brainpower it took to realize that we won't be doing that. Rationally thinking it's impossible. No coach is coming to be an interim for 60 days. Those who aren't in baseball don't want the stress and those who are will not look at our program and see stability. They can just wait 60 days til Lemonis is fired and get with the new coach if they really want to be here.

vCash
    No. I used what little brainpower it took to realize that we won't be doing that. Rationally thinking it's impossible. No coach is coming to be an interim for 60 days. Those who aren't in baseball don't want the stress and those who are will not look at our program and see stability. They can just wait 60 days til Lemonis is fired and get with the new coach if they really want to be here.
    So then those baseball fans that are sick of this crap need to find another hobby for at least the next 60 days. Because it could and probably will get worse.

vCash
    Yes. We won't be returning after the upcoming USCE weekend

vCash
    Give it one more weekend. If USC sweeps, then 100% all in on playing for the future.

vCash
    Honestly what harm could happen if you fire Foxhall now? We literally could not do any worse

vCash
    I'm still of the opinion that you fire Lemonis and Foxhall now, promote Gautreau to interim head coach, and maybe the bullpen coach to pitching coach for the time being. Start Dohm, Holcombe, and piggy back Loo/Loftin.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that you fire Lemonis and Foxhall now, promote Gautreau to interim head coach, and maybe the bullpen coach to pitching coach for the time being. Start Dohm, Holcombe, and piggy back Loo/Loftin.
    Except we don't have a bullpen coach. We have 3 coaches on the field. If you fire Lemonis and Foxhall, which btw I would do today if I thought there was an interim option, you have to understand that it'll be Jake and student assts or managers running the team.

vCash
    I think the argument against firing Foxhall now misses the point. It's not like doing so will put in the NCAAT. I don't believe it will. I don't think there will be satisfactory turn around either way. It's not all on him. It's pretty terrible across the board. But pitching is the worst offender. Even our crappy defense might owe something to bad pitching approach.

But firing Foxhall now won't make it all better. But that's not the point of doing so. It sends a message. Someone's head needs to roll. Now. Not the end of the season. He's the best choice.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Except we don't have a bullpen coach. We have 3 coaches on the field. If you fire Lemonis and Foxhall, which btw I would do today if I thought there was an interim option, you have to understand that it'll be Jake and student assts or managers running the team.
    I?d roll with that

Season is shot so give them the freedom to develop

These dudes are used to that with their summer teams

vCash
    You have to do something now to not only develop young talent the rest of the year but to give them hope that they can have a future here. Otherwise we are looking at a RickRay type rebuild which may be easier now with transfer but still takes time starting from scratch.

We must take something positive away from this wasted year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lemonis has no choice but to play to win now. His seat is on fire.

Need to shake up the weekend rotation. Throw your best 3 arms. Pray they can get thru the order twice.

Fri-Lo
    Sat-Dohm
    Sun-Holcolmb

Narrow down your weekend bullpen to your top 5 guys whoever they may be.

Stick with this consistent Lineup:

1. Larry, 2B
    2. Ledbetter, CF
    3. Hines, DH
    4. Chance, LF
    5. Hancock, 1B
    6. Hujsak, 3B
    7. Clark, RF
    8. Highfill, C
    9. Mershon, SS
    Doesn't this lineup have 4 transfers? Doesn't speak well for our recruiting and development recently and that doesn't even address the pitching issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Doesn't this lineup have 4 transfers? Doesn't speak well for our recruiting and development recently and that doesn't even address the pitching issues.

vCash
    No coach is coming to be an interim for 60 days.
    That's just a dumb take, we'd have people coming in out of the wood work to do it. Just look at the amount of former major leaguers we have around the program. And that's only if go-throw wouldn't take it (and i bet he would).

The season is already ruined, it's not going to get much worse if we go ahead a turn the corner now.

vCash
    Outlook moving forward: PAIN, lots of PAIN