Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Let Me Get This Straight

vCash

So Let Me Get This Straight

We have a pitcher today who basically shut Vanderbilt down going against what Foxhall wanted to do- and then Foxhall chews him on the mound and in the dugout. And the pitcher was by far our best performer this weekend- BUT I've been told we can't fire Foxhall now because it won't change anything and we don't have anyone else that can call pitches?

Help me out here because it sure sounds like our pitchers are better off on their own than with Foxhall.

And then kudos to Jay Powell for calling out Foxhall on the broadcast. You should NEVER throw six straight sliders in a row and the fact that was called is incompetent.

vCash
    I'll be honest- I think we can turn this around if we fire Foxhall now.

Who the interim guy is at this point is irrelevant and really always was. There is no way in hell that Foxhall is coming back for 2024 regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We have a pitcher today who basically shut Vanderbilt down going against what Foxhall wanted to do- and then Foxhall chews him on the mound and in the dugout. And the pitcher was by far our best performer this weekend- BUT I've been told we can't fire Foxhall now because it won't change anything and we don't have anyone else that can call pitches?

Help me out here because it sure sounds like our pitchers are better off on their own than with Foxhall.

And then kudos to Jay Powell for calling out Foxhall on the broadcast. You should NEVER throw six straight sliders in a row and the fact that was called is incompetent.
    What are you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The "discussion" on the mound between Foxhall and Holcombe and I guess it continued into the dugout after the inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    The "discussion" on the mound between Foxhall and Holcombe and I guess it continued into the dugout after the inning.
    Didn't see the trip to the mound. But I'd love to know how the op knows what was said.... on the field or the dugout

vCash
    Cooterpoot said that Holcombe and Foxhall got into an argument in the dugout.

vCash
    We are an Omaha team. - Todd - every year

vCash
    Didn't see the trip to the mound. But I'd love to know how the op knows what was said.... on the field or the dugout
    I didn't either, but in the game thread it was mentioned that Foxhall was chewing Holcombe out on the mound and was told to f off by Holcombe. I'm sure that carried over into the dugout after the inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cooterpoot said that Holcombe and Foxhall got into an argument in the dugout.
    So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? Not being an ass just would love to know how you came up w what you posted on cooterpoot said fox and Holcomb got into an argument in the dugout.

vCash
    So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? Not being an ass just would love to know how you came up w what you posted on cooterpoot said fox and Holcomb got into an argument in the dugout.
    I took Cooter at his word. It's in the game thread

vCash
    I don't know what was said, obviously but Holcombe and fox did have what appeared to be a very heated discussion on the mound. I don't know about the dugout but the mound talk looked extremely heated between the 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't know what was said, obviously but Holcombe and fox did have what appeared to be a very heated discussion on the mound. I don't know about the dugout but the mound talk looked extremely heated between the 2
    It probably was heated and any asshole that calls 6 straight sliders is a dumbass.

vCash
    I like listening to Jay. He didn't sugarcoat anything today/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Everyone can see our pitching has been terrible. That's not debatable. Heck some on here of gotten on fox about being to soft. Now he gets feisty and the player gets feisty back... maybe we need a little fire. Idk what happened. Nobody on here does.

vCash
    So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? .
    Assumptions

vCash
    I don't know about the dugout. I just saw the mound conversation. Holcombe wanted to throw his pitch. Foxhall didn't like what was said. No idea about the dugout. Possible I guess. But Lemo was happy with the K.
    Like I said, there's a lot going on in that pitching room. And it ain't good for Foxy.

vCash
    Everyone can see our pitching has been terrible. That's not debatable. Heck some on here of gotten on fox about being to soft. Now he gets feisty and the player gets feisty back... maybe we need a little fire. Idk what happened. Nobody on here does.
    I love to see some fire and you're right we need more of it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't know about the dugout. I just saw the mound conversation. Holcombe wanted to throw his pitch. Foxhall didn't like what was said. No idea about the dugout. Possible I guess. But Lemo was happy with the K.
    Like I said, there's a lot going on in that pitching room. And it ain't good for Foxy.
    Interesting....... todd????

vCash
    Interesting....... todd????
    My bad. I thought Cooter said it happened in the dugout.

I'll own up to that misunderstanding on my part.

vCash
    I personally would be in favor of some fire. At least there would be signs of life.