Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our recruiting philosophy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Increased velocity and increased endurance. Anyone got weight from last year vs this year? Yeah, I'm always skeptical of natural progressive that sharp
    It's definitely possible. I had a kid come see me several years ago. I treated him for a rhomboid strain, but he was interested in finding ways to increase his velocity. I got him hooked up with Tom House. He bumped his velo up by 7 mph and ended up getting a college scholarship.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It's definitely possible. I had a kid come see me several years ago. I treated him for a rhomboid strain, but he was interested in finding ways to increase his velocity. I got him hooked up with Tom House. He bumped his velo up by 7 mph and ended up getting a college scholarship.
    Certainly it's possible. It's also possible, he got a little bit of help too though haha

vCash
    Per a Retweet from Mike Rooney, his average fastball was 93.7 last year and is 98.0 this year.

vCash
    Too many projects with really raw skills and too many Juco pitchers. Too many guys from a "program" just because they're a part of that "program". Then, there's no developing the good ones. Pitching has been the worst of it but we're teaching hitters to take a ton of strikes and pull everything too. We need a total overhaul on the coaching side. And we're going to get it.

vCash
    This article is from 9 months ago: https://rubbingtherock.com/2022/06/0...hy-or-why-not/

Chris Lemonis — Head coach, Mississippi State

Seems like a reach one year removed from a National Championship, but things change quickly in the SEC, just ask Ed Orgeron.
    He hit the nail on the head there. Things have changed that quickly.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Certainly it's possible. It's also possible, he got a little bit of help too though haha
    You'd be surprised what the driveline program can do for velo. Although true some may be getting chemical help, but driveline will increase velo dramatically.

Ginn went from 86mph to 95mph in 12 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Whoa!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You'd be surprised what the driveline program can do for velo. Although true some may be getting chemical help, but driveline will increase velo dramatically.

This. I've had guys make similar jumps using driveline. Their plyo care routine for warming up the arm is a daily staple for our guys.

vCash
    The Skenes jump is pretty cut and dried. He only has one thing to focus on at LSU. Baseball. Athletics is one of the many things you have to juggle at the Air Force Academy. Taking him out of that situation and placing him in a baseball only situation is like taking Tyson from Brooklyn and placing him with Cus D’Amato in the Catskills. It unleashed a fire because boxing was the only thing that mattered and the only worry he had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    This. I've had guys make similar jumps using driveline. Their plyo care routine for warming up the arm is a daily staple for our guys.
    I know a few HS coaches up here in north MS who use driveline/plyo and weighted balls as well. Most of their players do this in house and aren't paying through the nose, by the hour to reap the benefits. There is no doubt the daily warmup and recouping the arm are beneficial when done correctly.

vCash
    Increased velocity and increased endurance. Anyone got weight from last year vs this year? Yeah, I'm always skeptical of natural progressive that sharp
    Yeah. He's a bad example. It's LSU. He's juicing