Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FIRE FOXHALL TODAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If Lemonis was a Army commander at any level His boss would tell him this. Relieve Foxhall now and if I have to then you will be relieved with him.
    Concur, but it rare for a military commander to get fired for incompetence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe they don't possess wisdom, but they certainly possess power
    Thinking Keenum will be the determining leverage point in who has the power in this instance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Thinking Keenum will be the determining leverage point in who has the power in this instance.
    Yeah. I'm thinking along that line also. Keenum and the influential baseball boosters will most probably be making this decision. Not many college presidents are as in tune with athletics as Keenum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Outside of giving yourself some personal satisfaction, what good does this do? Seriously? Ive said it before and I?ll say it again you dont fix a culture problem by firing an assistant. Foxhall isnt the problem. Hes a tick on the ass of the problem.
    What the 17 does it hurt? His guys aren't happy either. Lemonis shows he's the HC and has a some sort of set of balls. Cheese can call pitches. Foxhall isn't teaching these guys shit. Somebody has to be in charge. This idea we sit on our hands is why we're here now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Keenum won't do a damn thing. He just hired an AD for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Keenum won't do a damn thing. He just hired an AD for that.
    I'm good with that Cooter. I'm thinking Zac has the sack for it.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    If Lemonis was a Army commander at any level His boss would tell him this. Relieve Foxhall now and if I have to then you will be relieved with him.
    Bingo. Does Foxall have Nudes of Lemonis? wife or something?

vCash
    Does Foxhall even try to teach these kids on how to throw a breaking ball. Heck even Polk sat there when Davis I believe threw a breaking ball which got tagged and stated that there was no spin om the ball it just sat there waiting to get smacked. Polk stated that this kid has been throwing the same way all year. WTH Foxhall thats your job is to teach these kids.

vCash
    Does Foxhall even try to teach these kids on how to throw a breaking ball. Heck even Polk sat there when Davis I believe threw a breaking ball which got tagged and stated that there was no spin om the ball it just sat there waiting to get smacked. Polk stated that this kid has been throwing the same way all year. WTH Foxhall thats your job is to teach these kids.
    Yep. Davis has been this way all year. He can?t consistently throw strikes, and when he does get it across the plate, it gets hammered. Yet, Lemonis and Foxhall keep sending him out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bingo. Does Foxall have Nudes of Lemonis? wife or something?
    Now we know the real reason why Lemonis got into shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what happened when we hired a pitching coach? I seem to remember that we tried to get the guy that was at Oregon state at the time but weren?t able to and then hired Foxhall. My question is, was Foxhall Lemonis? guy or was he suggested to him by Cohen?

I seem to remember that Lemonis didn?t bring his pitching coach from Indiana, supposedly in part b/c of some personal issues.

Also, I think Gautreau was strongly suggested to Lemonis, which made sense.

I just always had the feeling that Cohen was heavily involved in choosing assistants. Hell, Cohen probably had a lot more contacts than Lemonis.
    Foxhall had a good reputation when we hired him.

Somewhere along the way Foxhall has lost his way for whatever reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    What the 17 does it hurt? His guys aren't happy either. Lemonis shows he's the HC and has a some sort of set of balls. Cheese can call pitches. Foxhall isn't teaching these guys shit. Somebody has to be in charge. This idea we sit on our hands is why we're here now.
    Lemonis pretending he has a ballsack isn?t doing the program any favors, and you?re right cheese can call pitches. So can I. So can you. So can Donald Duck. And so can Goofy. We?re not in the teaching stage of the season, we?re in the execution part. Firing Fox doesn?t do a damn thing to change the outlook of the season or the trajectory of the program. The season is over and the sooner everyone realizes that the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Lemonis pretending he has a ballsack isn?t doing the program any favors, and you?re right cheese can call pitches. So can I. So can you. So can Donald Duck. And so can Goofy. We?re not in the teaching stage of the season, we?re in the execution part. Firing Fox doesn?t do a damn thing to change the outlook of the season or the trajectory of the program. The season is over and the sooner everyone realizes that the better.
    At this point it really doesn't hurt to fire Foxhall because we know he is shit and it is going to continue to be shit the rest of the year if he is still running the pitching staff.

If we can get someone to manage the staff better and pull pitchers sooner that in and of itself will lead to improvement.

So bringing someone else in might work and it might not- but keeping Foxhall won't work so I'm absolutely willing to try someone else. Some of our fans have to get this idea out of their heads that bringing someone else in midseason won't help anything. Last time we did something like that it worked out quite well with Henderson.

vCash
    A former player posted on the other board about his discussions yesterday with people close to the baseball program. The big thing he mentioned was that there isn’t any talk of “patience”. He touched on approach at the plate a little bit.

Sounds like most everyone is on the same page.

vCash
    What has Gautreau and Cheesebrough done to keep their jobs? We suck at every aspect of baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    A former player posted on the other board about his discussions yesterday with people close to the baseball program. The big thing he mentioned was that there isn’t any talk of “patience”. He touched on approach at the plate a little bit.

Sounds like most everyone is on the same page.
    I would think so, the stadium was built with Dynasty in mind. These dudes are taking us back to 2008. Can't have that.

These are not close, competitive games. Even you spend the entire day grilling and chitchatting, you still notice 26-3.

Thanks for posting this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    What has Gautreau and Cheesebrough done to keep their jobs? We suck at every aspect of baseball.
    The better question is lemonis? It's his team

vCash
    If Dohm starts today and gets the W, that would save Fox.

For the first time in my life, I may root against that outcome, because Fox needs to go.

As Jackie Wayne used to say, it’s hard to reverse a train that is going downhill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Dohm starts today and gets the W, that would save Fox.

For the first time in my life, I may root against that outcome, because Fox needs to go.

As Jackie Wayne used to say, it’s hard to reverse a train that is going downhill
    Foxy is DONE and so is this staff. It would take a full blown turnaround to save them.