Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polk III?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've been watching MSU baseball since 1985 and have had family involved in it for long time before I was born.

This is as bad as it has ever been honestly- just complete non-competitive ass kickings.

There is a lot of pride in MSU baseball as we all know- and certain people are not going to put up with this for long if it continues. When those certain people want changes made- they usually get made. All depends on when they've had enough IMO which it sounds like it might be getting close.

I don't think Polk coming back as an interim would hurt anything at this point to be honest with you.
    You are a freaking idiot. We have a new AD trying to establish himself, and you think it?s a good idea to put Polk as interim. The same Polk who threatened our program if he didn?t get his way in a coaching search. This whole athletic department needs a freaking wake up call, and I think the new AD can do it. But not if he is forced to make decisions like you are suggesting.

You use to be a good poster with good insight, but these past few years, you?re losing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hmm Gene Stallings come to mind. I don't know the whole back story but he was gone a few years after he fielded one of the best teams in history.
    I think that was because of NCAA issues. What we have is worse than NCAA issues. It's program destroying issues and needs to be dealt with pronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post
    You are a freaking idiot. We have a new AD trying to establish himself, and you think it?s a good idea to put Polk as interim. The same Polk who threatened our program if he didn?t get his way in a coaching search. This whole athletic department needs a freaking wake up call, and I think the new AD can do it. But not if he is forced to make decisions like you are suggesting.

You use to be a good poster with good insight, but these past few years, you?re losing it.
    Don't think Polk wants to come back on a full time basis. This is not Ron Polk of ironically 2008. He knows he was wrong and was trying to keep a promise to Raffo he couldn't keep.

That said- I'm just telling what the rumor is. We'll see what happens. This isn't "my idea". There are people that aren't happy right now.

vCash
    Justin Haire at Campbell is worth an interview. They win their conference and show up in regionals annually.

vCash
    Don't think Polk wants to come back on a full time basis. This is not Ron Polk of ironically 2008. He knows he was wrong and was trying to keep a promise to Raffo he couldn't keep.

That said- I'm just telling what the rumor is. We'll see what happens. This isn't "my idea". There are people that aren't happy right now.
    Polk and Jim can barely keep up with what inning it is, much less balls/strikes.

vCash

People aren't happy- true.
    Polk interim- false

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post

No need to get personal. Name calling is uncalled for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Justin Haire at Campbell is worth an interview. They win their conference and show up in regionals annually.
    He’s a much better option/interview than 1 name that some of our fans keep bringing up.

vCash
    For me- it's the way we're losing.

This isn't us firing a coach after four reasonably close games. This is a 15 game losing streak and counting with some of the worst losses in school history.

If Alabama was losing to people 56-7 a couple of years after a title and missing bowls what do you think they would do?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Hearing rumors that if things don't change very quickly that this could be a real possibility.

Assuming as an interim with either McNickle or Schoenrock as interim PC.
    Have you been talking to yourself? Because this has 0% chance of happening, and people definitely aren?t talking about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    People aren't happy- true.
    Polk interim- false
    Thank god.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Have you been talking to yourself? Because this has 0% chance of happening, and people definitely aren?t talking about it.
    He just read that someone said that and ran with it. He didn't hear it from someone w any knowledge of the situation. And if it were true, and it isnt. But if it were, the person who did that should be fired immediately too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Man I wore this album out. It was my fave Zep LP. I would blast this and Quadrofina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I think that was because of NCAA issues. What we have is worse than NCAA issues. It's program destroying issues and needs to be dealt with pronto.
    Stallings straight up retired. That being said, he retired bc of ?political? bs. Hell, save the debacle in ?Vegas, his last year was solid, iirc.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Stallings straight up retired. That being said, he retired bc of ?political? bs. Hell, save the debacle in ?Vegas, his last year was solid, iirc.
    After an investigation that ran from late 1993 to August 1995, the NCAA found Alabama guilty of four major rules violations during the 1993 season. Stallings was implicated, along with athletic director Hootie Ingram, in falsifying the eligibility of Alabama cornerback Antonio Langham during that season. Langham had signed with a sports agent and applied to enter the NFL Draft following the 1993 Sugar Bowl, but was not subsequently declared ineligible per NCAA rules. Alabama officials only declared him ineligible the week before the 1993 SEC title game. As a result, Alabama's football program was placed on three years probation, and docked a total of 30 scholarships from 1995 to 1998. Alabama was also forced to forfeit eight wins and one tie from its 9?3?1 1993 season in which Langham participated, resulting in an official record of 1?12. The Crimson Tide were also barred from postseason competition, including the SEC Championship Game and bowl games, during the 1995 season.[7]

Alabama went 8?3 in 1995, the only season between 1992 and 1996 that Stallings didn't win the SEC West (Auburn finished first in the division in 1993 but was serving a post-season ban). Arkansas won the West title in 1995, with a last second touchdown against the Tide to claim their first ever victory over Alabama. However, the Tide would have been ineligible for the SEC Championship Game or a bowl game regardless as a result of the NCAA sanctions.

In 1996, Stallings' team won ten games and earned a berth in the SEC Championship Game, where they lost again to Florida, which eventually won the national title that season. Stallings announced on November 23, 1996 that he would resign at the end of the season.

So, yes there were NCAA issues and Stallings hit the road because of it.
    Last edited by msudawg1200; 03-26-2023 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    After an investigation that ran from late 1993 to August 1995, the NCAA found Alabama guilty of four major rules violations during the 1993 season. Stallings was implicated, along with athletic director Hootie Ingram, in falsifying the eligibility of Alabama cornerback Antonio Langham during that season. Langham had signed with a sports agent and applied to enter the NFL Draft following the 1993 Sugar Bowl, but was not subsequently declared ineligible per NCAA rules. Alabama officials only declared him ineligible the week before the 1993 SEC title game. As a result, Alabama's football program was placed on three years probation, and docked a total of 30 scholarships from 1995 to 1998. Alabama was also forced to forfeit eight wins and one tie from its 9?3?1 1993 season in which Langham participated, resulting in an official record of 1?12. The Crimson Tide were also barred from postseason competition, including the SEC Championship Game and bowl games, during the 1995 season.[7]

Alabama went 8?3 in 1995, the only season between 1992 and 1996 that Stallings didn't win the SEC West (Auburn finished first in the division in 1993 but was serving a post-season ban). Arkansas won the West title in 1995, with a last second touchdown against the Tide to claim their first ever victory over Alabama. However, the Tide would have been ineligible for the SEC Championship Game or a bowl game regardless as a result of the NCAA sanctions.

In 1996, Stallings' team won ten games and earned a berth in the SEC Championship Game, where they lost again to Florida, which eventually won the national title that season. Stallings announced on November 23, 1996 that he would resign at the end of the season.

So, yes there were NCAA issues and Stallings hit the road because of it.
    Absolutely, there was some "napkin signing" BS that got Bammer clipped by the NCAA... That's a fact.

My point was that Stallings wasn't "fired", and he retired... Perhaps I misread/misconstrued an earlier post...

No.