Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polk III?

vCash

Polk III?

Hearing rumors that if things don't change very quickly that this could be a real possibility.

Assuming as an interim with either McNickle or Schoenrock as interim PC.

vCash
    You're Drunk.

Just hell no

vCash
    In the most Hollywood of all endings, he sneaks us into the NCAA Tournament and we do what Ole Miss did last year.

vCash
    We have been outscored 55-8 in the last 3 games. I?m not sure it could get much worse than this shit show.

vCash
    Not just no and not just hell no, but MF ABSOLUTELY Fing NO.

Also there a literally ZERO rumors that is even a possibility so please stop spreading that crap. I am sure it will show up on Twitter tomorrow that Ron Polk is going to be named the interim on Monday. Lemonis will finish the season however much we may hate it we are going to have to eat shit for about a month and half more. Then we can get rid of his ass along with the rest of the staff.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-25-2023 at 12:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Not just no and not just hell no, but MF ABSOLUTELY Fing NO.

Also there a literally ZERO rumors that is even a possibility so please stop spreading that crap. I am sure it will show up on Twitter tomorrow that Ron Polk is going to be named the interim on Monday. Lemonis will finish the season however much we may hate it we are going to have to eat shit for about a month and half more. Then we can get rid of his ass along with the rest of the staff.
    I've been watching MSU baseball since 1985 and have had family involved in it for long time before I was born.

This is as bad as it has ever been honestly- just complete non-competitive ass kickings.

There is a lot of pride in MSU baseball as we all know- and certain people are not going to put up with this for long if it continues. When those certain people want changes made- they usually get made. All depends on when they've had enough IMO which it sounds like it might be getting close.

I don't think Polk coming back as an interim would hurt anything at this point to be honest with you.

vCash
    This is how you completely destroy a program. You make the assumption that it is only fair to let a failure finish the season instead of making a statement mid-season that if you aren?t a winner, don?t come looking for the head job at State. We only hire winners and losers get their ass in the road! Every damn year multi-billion dollar companies cut bait before the SEC rolls in to do an audit! We ain?t a multi-billion dollar company. Time to cut bait and let the ball Boys coach em up. Can?t be worse than this turd!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    This is how you completely destroy a program. You make the assumption that it is only fair to let a failure finish the season instead of making a statement mid-season that if you aren?t a winner, don?t come looking for the head job at State. We only hire winners and losers get their ass in the road! Every damn year multi-billion dollar companies cut bait before the SEC rolls in to do an audit! We ain?t a multi-billion dollar company. Time to cut bait and let the ball Boys coach em up. Can?t be worse than this turd!!!
    For me- it's the way we're losing.

This isn't us firing a coach after four reasonably close games. This is a 15 game losing streak and counting with some of the worst losses in school history.

If Alabama was losing to people 56-7 a couple of years after a title and missing bowls what do you think they would do?

vCash
    On a comparable level.....I think this may be actually worse than Croom was. Right now, I'd rank the worse 3 tank jobs as......

1) Lemonis
    2) Ray
    3) Croom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've been watching MSU baseball since 1985 and have had family involved in it for long time before I was born.

This is as bad as it has ever been honestly- just complete non-competitive ass kickings.

There is a lot of pride in MSU baseball as we all know- and certain people are not going to put up with this for long if it continues. When those certain people want changes made- they usually get made. All depends on when they've had enough IMO which it sounds like it might be getting close.

I don't think Polk coming back as an interim would hurt anything at this point to be honest with you.
    Todd I kinda get what your take is about Polk III but I don't see this happening. I think he probably would do it but I don't think this will happen. Now I would make changes right away after this weekend. No sense keeping someone around who want be around at the end of the season anyway. Now days in sports and coaches being fired during the season is no big deal. Do it now and get prepared for the research and hunt for a new staff.

This all started as we know after the Natty celebration, way too much and we as fans as well as the coaches and players didn't handle this very well.

vCash

This....

vCash
    17 no to Polk coming back on any basis - he can keep his ass in the booth

You get him too involved with program, we?ll have Raffo coaching us next year- because it?s his turn

vCash
    Hearing rumors that if things don't change very quickly that this could be a real possibility.

Assuming as an interim with either McNickle or Schoenrock as interim PC.
    Hell, let Polk coach em today with jim Ellis as his head assistant. I don't care who we put out the rest of this season as long as it isn't lemonis

vCash

This isn't us firing a coach after four reasonably close games. This is a 15 game losing streak and counting with some of the worst losses in school history.

If Alabama was losing to people 56-7 a couple of years after a title and missing bowls what do you think they would do?
    This is what i've said many times. Imagine UGA or Bama missing a bowl year after NC then follow that up with a losing season and losing by 3-4TDs in the losing season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    17 no to Polk coming back on any basis - he can keep his ass in the booth

You get him too involved with program, we?ll have Raffo coaching us next year- because it?s his turn
    At least we'd have an excuse for being run ruled every game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    On a comparable level.....I think this may be actually worse than Croom was. Right now, I'd rank the worse 3 tank jobs as......

1) Lemonis
    2) Ray
    3) Croom
    I agree. Worse than Ray, croom, moorehead. Abysmal. So bad, I have some empathy for Lemonis. ****er should?ve ended a legend and enshrined here.

vCash
    I mean what could it hurt? We could get beat 27-3 instead of 26-3? We could put my 76 year old mother out there and not do any worse.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You're Drunk.

Just hell no
    At least it would be entertaining. I believe it would be better than current.
    Of course, our entire recruiting would die immediately for the current cycle.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I joked about Polk and Jay taking over but I really can't see us showing Lem the door until after the season. That would create chaos and hurt any coaching search. Now, an assistant coach? I'd fire him after the weekend.
    We just need to be doing work on a coaching hire, so we can be ready to move after the season.

vCash

Hmm Gene Stallings come to mind. I don't know the whole back story but he was gone a few years after he fielded one of the best teams in history.