View Poll Results: Should Chris Lemonis be fired?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire him immediately.

33 52.38%
  • Wait until the end of the year and fire him if we miss Hoover / the NCAA Tournament.

25 39.68%
  • Give him 1 more year. He earned a long leash with his national title.

5 7.94%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll on Lemonis

vCash
    I think that there is no right or wrong answer. Firing would send a message. Waiting till season end to fire also sends a message. There are merits and disadvantages to both actions, but the end result is the same. I say you cut out the infection now to save what is left of the body. If you wait, like a Lemonis pitching change, more damage can occur.
    Last edited by SaintDawg; 03-25-2023 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    1. Let the season play out. It doesnt do anything positive to fire him during season. Making Hoover should be minimum expectation to Lemonis keeping his job
    2. Purcell needs to be putting together a list and be ready to make offers before Omaha if decision is made to fire Lemonis.

vCash
    Firing Lemonis and Foxhall on Monday will show that we are a elite program and cannot tolerate poor performance within the program. Doing nothing sends the opposite signal. IMO. But I might be wrong. Hard call. But, it's a business after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    2. Purcell needs to be putting together a list and be ready to make offers before Omaha if decision is made to fire Lemonis.
    Let the WBB coach pick the new baseball coach? Interesting idea. I like it!

vCash
    Another reason not to wait is that what if we get a little better and finish like 11-19 and make Hoover, but not the NCAAs and we have a bunch of fans wanting to keep him because we improved on 2022 just a little bit?

If we keep him for 2024, we need significant turn around in the entire approach to the game. Just sneaking into Hoover or even the NCAA isn't enough.

vCash
    We are 10th in the nation in striking out batters, but 263 out of 295 in walks allowed. There are SWAC teams that are better than us in that department. Foxhall is the one that needs to be fired immediately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    1. Let the season play out. It doesnt do anything positive to fire him during season. Making Hoover should be minimum expectation to Lemonis keeping his job
    Purcell???

vCash
    Fire Foxhall immediately. Lemonis is a dead man walking so fire him too. If you don't NO PC will come knowing how hot his seat is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    We are 10th in the nation in striking out batters, but 263 out of 295 in walks allowed. There are SWAC teams that are better than us in that department. Foxhall is the one that needs to be fired immediately
    That would be something that Lemonis can do to save himself. But these two boys are Thelma and Louise, they are going down as a Shakespearean pair..."If not to heaven then hand in hand to hell."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Fire Foxhall immediately. Lemonis is a dead man walking so fire him too. If you don't NO PC will come knowing how hot his seat is.
    So Gotro and Cheese gonna run the team by themselves? I don't know what purpose that serves. Much easier to fire a football coach mid-season when there is a ten man staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So Gotro and Cheese gonna run the team by themselves? I don't know what purpose that serves. Much easier to fire a football coach mid-season when there is a ten man staff.
    Grad assistants can help too.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Wow, I think Biden could beat these numbers with out fanbase.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I can coach our team. Seriously.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Wow, I think Biden could beat these numbers with out fanbase.
    I think only closet Ole Miss fans / Lurkers could support another season of Lemonis. What is happening right now is the potential End of the Program.

With the improvements in all other SEC programs, MSU could fall to 2010 status, in a blink of an eye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think only closet Ole Miss fans / Lurkers could support another season of Lemonis. What is happening right now is the potential End of the Program.

With the improvements in all other SEC programs, MSU could fall to 2010 status, in a blink of an eye.
    I hope people remember what a bad coach can do to a program. Remember Ellis Johnson??

vCash
    I saw a lot of empty seats last night. If that gets worse, surely it will get the ADs attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There are no grad asst. they took those away 25 years ago

vCash
    You 100% let the season play out. If we miss Hoover, you clean house. You can not fire him 2 weekends into SEC play. That's ridiculous. What's also ridiculous is giving him another year.

vCash
    We've played 23 games and there are 33 games left on the schedule if I counted correctly. Not at all sure there's a substantive reason to fire Lemo right now. And even if we did, who do we have that we really want as interim and what would that accomplish. Seemingly not anything.

Now firing Foxhall may have some merit. While we have many woes, pitching has been the top of the angst pyramid. Possible causes include (1) no talent (2) young talent not ready (which would include poor succession planning) (3) or poor development coaching. These all land on the pitching coach, maybe not exclusively but certainly squarely.
    Seems clear Lemo could not do any worse taking it over. The big question is why hasn't he made the move.

If I'm Zac, I give Lemo the uitimatum, make the pitching move now or you're gone too.

Then let's see what can be done with these last 33 games.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 03-25-2023 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    Zac Selmon would be stupid to listen to this board. That?s because the same people who want to ?fire Lemonis now? are the same ones who wanted to give Lemonis a blank check and a lifetime contract less than 24 months ago.

Selmon needs to assess the situation and make the proper decisions for MSU and our program.