View Poll Results: Should Chris Lemonis be fired?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire him immediately.

33 52.38%
  • Wait until the end of the year and fire him if we miss Hoover / the NCAA Tournament.

25 39.68%
  • Give him 1 more year. He earned a long leash with his national title.

5 7.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll on Lemonis

vCash

Poll on Lemonis

While it seems like the fanbase is pretty united against Lemonis, I think it would be useful to get a more scientific read on the opinions here. Feel free to post them, or to just answer the poll.

Zac Selmon, please take note no matter what the result is.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 03-24-2023 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    When there is a loss of confidence on any leader in most situations they are relieved on the spot.

vCash
    My vote is "Fire him immediately." He's clearly lost the team.

I have absolutely no confidence in him going forward. Even in the extremely unlikely event that we win the next 2 against Vanderbilt, the team is way too fundamentally bad to make me think he could build us back into Omaha contenders on a regular basis.

In another unlikely event, if he were to stay on and sneak us into the tournament this year at 12-18 or something, I would still say fire him, because I just don't have any faith in him to ever right this ship.

vCash
    Another year but Foxhall has to go..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Hell naw! I?d rather eat nails and spit screws than see another year of this cluster flock!!!!

vCash
    There has to be a couple of Little League Dads and Team Moms in or near Starkville that can get more out of these American Legion AllStars than pissmonis can!!!

vCash
    I think this is the right move but I would fire Foxhall after the weekend.

I understand why most want Lemonis gone at this time though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think this is the right move but I would fire Foxhall after the weekend.

I understand why most want Lemonis gone at this time though.
    Because we are FANs...fanatics.
    You fire Lemon a month into the season, Good luck getting our freshman AD a couple of months into the job to hire a homerun hire to fire the guy who gave us our first NC in any sport.

This seasons gonna suck donkey d*ck. It's going to be rough...it's gonna suck.

vCash
    I voted to let him finish the year but Foxhall has to go now. If he isn't gone by Monday, then Lemonis needs to be gone by Tuesday.
    Sometimes a rudderless ship is better off than one being steered straight at an iceberg.

vCash
    Because we are FANs...fanatics.
    You fire Lemon a month into the season, Good luck getting our freshman AD a couple of months into the job to hire a homerun hire to fire the guy who gave us our first NC in any sport.

This seasons gonna suck donkey d*ck. It's going to be rough...it's gonna suck.
    He might do better than Cohen honestly.

We hired Selmon to do this job. He needs to do what we hired him to do.

vCash
    It?s an impossible situation. I think the only way you fire Lemonis is if you specifically see issues in the clubhouse that have to be addressed immediately AND you have a reasonable solution to finish out the season. Polk isn?t a reasonable solution, btw. Otherwise, firing him isn?t going to do us any favors when it comes to finding the next coach.

I do think you have to make a change with Foxhall. I?m sure there is a short list of guys who can come in and just try to get back to some fundamentals and stop the bleeding.

vCash
    Any reasonable person/coach can see this is a dumpster fire and not at MSU standards -you could let Jans finish out the season on the bench and it wouldn?t hurt hiring

Here?s the thing- our best players won?t be here next year anyway

vCash
    1. Don?t remember giving up two grand slam home runs in one game.
    2. Don?t remember losing by 26 runs.
    3. Don?t remember losing 15 SEC games in a row.
    4. Don?t remember being dead last in SEC for two years straight.
    5. Don?t remember seeing so many walks hit by pitch.
    6. Don?t remember having so many pitchers totally unprepared.
    7. Don?t remember seeing so many errors and should be more but official scorer at the Dude is crazy.

Yes Foxhall deserves a large part of blame. But whole staff needs to be cleaned. Lemonis is 7th highest paid college baseball coach. What a joke of coaching job.

vCash
    It?s a business, and business is very, very bad. I think you have to let Lemonis finish out the season, but Fox should be gone on Monday and phone calls should be made to gauge interest level for replacing CL at season?s end. We just need to brace for more embarrassment, and expect it!

vCash
    Fire immediately. Screw him.

vCash
    I'm about the most patient MSU fan I know when it comes to letting coaches succeed or fail - and bucket boy has lost me. if we fire him Monday, so be it. Give Commerce the team, and let Polk advise and im pretty sure we would be better off

vCash
    You have to fire foxhall on Monday and Lemonis can coach for his job the rest of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    You have to fire foxhall on Monday and Lemonis can coach for his job the rest of the season.
    How I feel.

vCash
    I think the NC earns Lemonis the right to finish out the season. We wouldn't have a lot of options as an interim coach anyway. As far as Foxhall, I'm fine with him being let go at any time but Lemonis is going to have to decide what option he wants to tie his final fate to. If the type losses we've had the last 3 SEC games continue with anything close to regularity I would hope Lemonis would just resign anyway and admit he is in over his head with no real answers on getting the program back to where it should be.

vCash
    Obviously pitching is messed up - Foxall. You can fire him now and ride out year. Something must be done to send a message to everyone that this is unacceptable and leadership is going to act to right the ship. Can't let ride out way it is all year.