Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok ED Peeps

vCash

Ok ED Peeps

I know this has been discussed but I want the pros and cons. I have been a Directv subscriber since the started back in early 90?s. I tired of the negotiating every year to get monthly cost down. I?m thinking of going to YouTube Tv with the base channel. Give me your good, bad and ugly.

vCash
    Cancelling DTV was one of the happiest days of my life.

vCash
    YouTube TV is fantastic. Great interface, easy to use across multiple devices, the cloud DVR is great.

The channel lineup covers anything I ever need.

For some people the concept of using a streaming service is hard to get used to if all you've used is cable or satellite, but I think once you have it all set up you shouldn't have issues. Get someone that's familiar with it to set it up on your most used TV's and any other devices. You'll either need a smart TV that can run the Youtube TV app or you can get a Roku, Apple TV or other streaming device that will run the app for you via HDMI.

vCash
    Im still on Cable waiting to cut and don't have a smart TV. How does a firestick work>?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDawg View Post
    YouTube TV is fantastic. Great interface, easy to use across multiple devices, the cloud DVR is great.

The channel lineup covers anything I ever need.

For some people the concept of using a streaming service is hard to get used to if all you've used is cable or satellite, but I think once you have it all set up you shouldn't have issues. Get someone that's familiar with it to set it up on your most used TV's and any other devices. You'll either need a smart TV that can run the Youtube TV app or you can get a Roku, Apple TV or other streaming device that will run the app for you via HDMI.
    I have smart tv and Roku. I use Roku watching Sec + games. What is cloud DVR? Also is it high definition tv? I see on my Samsung smart tv the YouTube app.

How often do rates go up. I see it’s 72.99 for 100 plus Channels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Im still on Cable waiting to cut and don't have a smart TV. How does a firestick work>?
    I have firestick in bedroom, Roku in living room. I like Roku way better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Cancelling DTV was one of the happiest days of my life.
    Indeed.

We have a package with Spectrum, including our phones, TV, and internet. We also get HBO, Showtime, sports package, etc.

Granted this promotion was a few years ago, but we are still paying less for ALL OF THAT than we were paying for JUST Directv.

Do it!

vCash
    I see in the base package it has all ESPN stations, Sec network and cbs sports. Also local channels except nbc won’t 3. I barely watch anyway. Not interested in movie paid channels.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Cloud DVR just means you can record everything you watch and never worry about how many you have recording at any given time and they stay on your DVR forever.

vCash
    I have all Roku TVs in every room and one in my office for a monitor. They are fantastic. They all work exactly the same. I have the same exact setup at every location. No matter where I am, it just flat out works.

I own one google TV and it sucks.

vCash
    TCL Roku TVs are worth every dollar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    TCL Roku TVs are worth every dollar.
    Didn’t know about Roku TV. What about the picture quality on you tube tv?

I hate getting away from Directv, 30 year subscriber but rates have gotten out of site out of mind. Also tired of calling to negotiate and I get someone from the middle east which I can’t understand.

vCash
    If you want to sign up for YouTube use this referral and we both get a break on our bills for a few months.

https://tv.youtube.com/referral/r12cyv4fokl15n

vCash
    Rockin' YouTube TV. Also have Hulu, Prime Video, AppleTV+ and ESPN+. Cut the DISH and DirecTV cable years ago.

vCash
    https://youtu.be/38oLnI5vj5g

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    If you want to sign up for YouTube use this referral and we both get a break on our bills for a few months.

https://tv.youtube.com/referral/r12cyv4fokl15n
    Will do shortly, thanks.

vCash
    I’m definitely not a tech guy. I had comcast cable. I bought fire sticks for my TV sets (none were smart TVs). I use YouTube Tv now. It was very easy to set up the fire sticks and get YouTube Tv. I like it and it’s saving me money. Much cheaper.

vCash
    We were going to get rid of DIRECTV recently but when we started looking, our rates were too good to do so. We have a mid tier package with HBO and have been with them for almost a century it seems like. My wife is good at talking them down but she hasn’t had to call them in quite awhile. They may have gotten tired of talking to her and just kept the price where it is instead of going back up each year. If they do go up, we are axing their asses fast.

We are waiting for our AT&T phone contracts to expire and we will be getting rid of them. Not only do they suck, but they are communists. They can get bent.

vCash
    we do HULU and watch sports non stop. It's a nice break from Tater and KB21

vCash
    I'm cutting the cord with Directv, problem is I will pay this month bill which I would owe for regardless of cancelling today or next month. Been a customer for 29 years, they use to be really good with customer service, now days they suck, could care less about existing loyal customers.

Hello You Tube Tv but I'm gonna see if anything is better which I don't think so.

P.S. thanks SailingDawg as I will do the referral thingy you sent. Not sure how long the free thing works till the service kicks in, I'm assuming the cost will be around $72 for the base package.