Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raffo

vCash

Raffo

After watching that Arkansas St team tonight and looking at their record over the years how has Raffo kept his job for this long? He's been there 14 years with only 3 winning records and has never sniffed the NCAA Tournament. Do they truly just not care at all?

Also, I think we can all be thankful that Byrne didn't grant Polk's wish. I know obviously we wouldn't have given him 14 years, but think how far back that would've set our program. We still might not have recovered.

vCash
    It?s really sad to be honest with you. Raffo?s good people too, but I?m with you as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    It?s really sad to be honest with you. Raffo?s good people too, but I?m with you as well.
    Oh Tommy is a great guy and he was a hell of a player for us. And maybe they don't give him nearly enough to compete, but it really seems like he's just not cut out to be a HC.

vCash
    I've been familiar with their program for awhile because I have family that and to school there. They don't care.

They could and should be better. Too many player ls from Arkansas. Not enough players from Mississippi, Memphis, or St Louis. You would think Raffo would have some connections to Mississippi and Memhis which makes it worse.

vCash
    Raffo needs to hire Cannizarro- if they don't care, they won't notice. Go by an imposter name to get past HR, "Jurrangello Caravaggio"

That would be my new name as an imposter, but I gladly give it Cann.

vCash
    Raffo is in a bad place and has zero shot of winning. As for coach Cann this board gives him way too much love. He gets one check mark from me, he got us Tanner Allen. Other than that meh. Hell all you people want to bitch about our 20 and 21 classes. Who do you think committed them?? Cann. He has the great rep but anyone that wants him to be any sort of coach here isn't thinking straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Raffo is in a bad place and has zero shot of winning. As for coach Cann this board gives him way too much love. He gets one check mark from me, he got us Tanner Allen. Other than that meh. Hell all you people want to bitch about our 20 and 21 classes. Who do you think committed them?? Cann. He has the great rep but anyone that wants him to be any sort of coach here isn't thinking straight.
    I just want to see the man get another chance. It's appreciation. I'll even root for Lemonis when he is coaching Rutgers or UMass.

vCash
    Well and he quelled a major off the field problem his first year and got a team that had no business being in the NCAA Tournament within 5 outs of stealing Game 1 in Alex Box Stadium. He also recruited Sims so that's a pretty big plus in his column too. I just want the guy to get a second chance. He has the mind to do it, he has the personality to do it, and he makes all the right on the field moves in game. I know he probably will never get a second chance but I'd love to see him succeed again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well and he quelled a major off the field problem his first year and got a team that had no business being in the NCAA Tournament within 5 outs of stealing Game 1 in Alex Box Stadium. He also recruited Sims so that's a pretty big plus in his column too. I just want the guy to get a second chance. He has the mind to do it, he has the personality to do it, and he makes all the right on the field moves in game. I know he probably will never get a second chance but I'd love to see him succeed again.
    The first super he made was indeed a miracle. Then henderson topped him w the cws miracle. I think he's a good coach. Think he could have been a good one here. And don't have any issues w a second chance. We all deserve one. David got more than one in the Bible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I just want to see the man get another chance. It's appreciation. I'll even root for Lemonis when he is coaching Rutgers or UMass.
    Cann has gotten second chances.

And screwed those up too.

vCash
    The first super he made was indeed a miracle. Then henderson topped him w the cws miracle. I think he's a good coach. Think he could have been a good one here. And don't have any issues w a second chance. We all deserve one. David got more than one in the Bible.
    Henderson went farther and deserves credit. But 2017 was the most appalling pitcher situation imaginable. Henderson was part of the 2017 miracle too, so I don't think these two men are rivals in respect. Henderson got incredible production from pitchers (outside of Pilk) that may have thrown 12 innings combined, if not for the TJs in 2016.

vCash
    Raffo needs to hire Cannizarro- if they don't care, they won't notice. Go by an imposter name to get past HR, "Jurrangello Caravaggio"

That would be my new name as an imposter, but I gladly give it Cann.
    Raffo has had some decent assistants at times.

Arkansas State's version of a National Championship is winning the Sun Belt Tournament. Seriously.

They don't have support and they don't have the fan base. They're in an area that is comparable to the Mississippi Delta. It's mostly farms between West Memphis and St. Louis. Made that drive many times. The people that live there- baseball is actually pretty popular. Thanks St. Louis Cardinals! But there isn't a lot of population. Any elite players in Arkansas are going to Arkansas or MLB. And then they have to compete with Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock for players with two schools that are much closer to the largest city in the state.

If I were in Raffo's shoes I would rely a lot on Mississippi JUCO kids and kids in Memphis.

vCash
    Henderson went farther and deserves credit. But 2017 was the most appalling pitcher situation imaginable. Henderson was part of the 2017 miracle too, so I don't think these two men are rivals in respect. Henderson got incredible production from pitchers (outside of Pilk) that may have thrown 12 innings combined, if not for the TJs in 2016.
    Henderson is better than Foxhall for sure.

vCash
    Maybe he shouldn't have been taking tips from the Dan Mullen recruiting office?**

Seriously, I do think that Cann was so distracted I'm sure it affected everything. Including recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cann has gotten second chances.

And screwed those up too.
    Exactly. Everyone that still supports him doesn't bother to take 2 minutes to look and see where he's been the last several years. He couldn't even keep his job at a high school, despite a winning record. There's no excuse for him not being a college HC again at this point. He's obviously got issues. He ain't exactly young anymore, either.

People also seem to think he was here longer than he actually was. He was HC for 15 months.

vCash
    What if we had Lem as head coach, Henderson for pitching, and Cann as off field recruiter where we can pay him with snatch if that's all he wants....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Seriously, I do think that Cann was so distracted I'm sure it affected everything. Including recruiting.
    That ole gal must have some good stuff. How many millions has that p cost Cann?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    That ole gal must have some good stuff. How many millions has that p cost Cann?
    I think at this point it seems clear if it wasn't her, it would have been somebody or something else.

vCash
    I've never thought about it but in all my years around Memphis I don't think I recall a single baseball player going to Arkansas State (But I personally know two football players there right now). Strange. And there's a ton of good players in the Memphis and West Tennessee area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I've never thought about it but in all my years around Memphis I don't think I recall a single baseball player going to Arkansas State (But I personally know two football players there right now). Strange. And there's a ton of good players in the Memphis and West Tennessee area.
    Lazy recruiter? Would rather pull from the HSs he has a relationship with? If there is not pressure to win, he may be happy just mailing it in?