Thread: Hmmm Saban and Oats ain't so tight it appears

vCash

Hmmm Saban and Oats ain't so tight it appears

Check out Saban's comments with shade towards Nate Oats. Saban is right and Oats looks more pathetic every day.

I think the envy is eating Saban up right now that the basketball team is out shinning him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...eaa22d6c&ei=13

vCash
    I actually agree with Saban

vCash
    Yeah Saban is right. Just funny Saban throwing shade at Oats. I am beginning to not like Oats very much and I see how he fits Bama.

vCash
    I seem to remember a gun incident with a couple of football players that was swept under the rug a few years ago. Perhaps Saban shouldn't throw rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknut View Post
    I seem to remember a gun incident with a couple of football players that was swept under the rug a few years ago. Perhaps Saban shouldn't throw rocks.
    A gun incident is not the same as "player killed a person, and star player delivered the gun, and was there during the shooting"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I actually agree with Saban
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    A gun incident is not the same as "player killed a person, and star player delivered the gun, and was there during the shooting"
    I got this from MSUDAWGFAN from the other board.

"At Alabama, he gave Cam Robinson a 2nd chance when he was arrested but not charged with what would have been felony gun possession because the DA said that "I can't ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when everybody else spent theirs indoors in air conditioning." He also his the fact that Tim Williams failed (in his own words at the NFL combine) "many drug tests". He also gave Courtney Upshaw a second chance when he was arrested for domestic violence. The one thing all of those guys had in common was that they were either first or second round talent. None of those missed one second of playing time.

Saban will allow guns, drugs, and beating women if you are good. Let's not pretend that he is some Saint because he suspended a player. Maybe he saw the pushback Oats was getting and decided he wanted to seem proactive (but let's not pretend he would allow that to get in the way of winning. He - like Oats - is a win at all cost coach. Robinson, Williams, and Upshaw back that up."

Saban is no better than Oats.

vCash
    I got this from MSUDAWGFAN from the other board.

"At Alabama, he gave Cam Robinson a 2nd chance when he was arrested but not charged with what would have been felony gun possession because the DA said that "I can't ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when everybody else spent theirs indoors in air conditioning." He also his the fact that Tim Williams failed (in his own words at the NFL combine) "many drug tests". He also gave Courtney Upshaw a second chance when he was arrested for domestic violence. The one thing all of those guys had in common was that they were either first or second round talent. None of those missed one second of playing time.

Saban will allow guns, drugs, and beating women if you are good. Let's not pretend that he is some Saint because he suspended a player. Maybe he saw the pushback Oats was getting and decided he wanted to seem proactive (but let's not pretend he would allow that to get in the way of winning. He - like Oats - is a win at all cost coach. Robinson, Williams, and Upshaw back that up."

Saban is no better than Oats.
    Or.......maybe no message board poster on any board knows the entire story from any of those situations. The older I get, the more I never believe anything at face value. Especially if it's in the news.

vCash
    That's true (it was in Louisiana, involved an unregistered hand gun, and marijuana as I recall), but still, murder wasn't involved. Saban is right in this case but isn't squeaky clean either. I don't think his remarks have anything to do with competition between the two sports though.

vCash
    This is why I can never hate Saban.

vCash
    Him never making Jermaine Burton miss a snap and there not being national outrage over him slapping multiple women on camera in Knoxville is a prime example of what we have allowed our society to become

vCash
    Misread this thread title and got excited. Thought it said Oatis instead of Oats.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That's true (it was in Louisiana, involved an unregistered hand gun, and marijuana as I recall), but still, murder wasn't involved. Saban is right in this case but isn't squeaky clean either. I don't think his remarks have anything to do with competition between the two sports though.
    No coach is going to be squeaky clean dealing with egos the size their players have, coming from the places they come from, with tough living conditions. 25-30 new each year, over 25 years. That?s 750 players that you cannot control 24/7 nor should the coach abandon in times of need. Gun possession and drugs?.. that?s a normal Thursday for some of these guys. You don?t live in the shoes. The coaches knows these players and what is up with them. The only way Saban could be equal to Oats in this situation is if we find out one of his best players directly or indirectly helped a guy kill someone and Saban choose to play that player in the playoffs.

vCash
    Amen to that. There is a definite reason most coaches have to constantly preach unity and family within a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    No coach is going to be squeaky clean dealing with egos the size their players have, coming from the places they come from, with tough living conditions. 25-30 new each year, over 25 years. That?s 750 players that you cannot control 24/7 nor should the coach abandon in times of need. Gun possession and drugs?.. that?s a normal Thursday for some of these guys. You don?t live in the shoes. The coaches knows these players and what is up with them. The only way Saban could be equal to Oats in this situation is if we find out one of his best players directly or indirectly helped a guy kill someone and Saban choose to play that player in the playoffs.
    Nicky IMO would kick the player to the curve. I can tell you he is getting older and crabbier every year. I feel his pain...young stupid people piss me off now really quick. and i don't care who i offend. i just tell it like i see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Clay Travis pretty much nailed it. He understands Saban. Saban knows what he does.

vCash
    I honestly think it's a big nothing burger. Saban is getting crochety in his old age, but I seriously doubt he was intentionally taking a shot at Oats. Hell he met with the basketball team yesterday. And trust me, if Saban had a problem with Brandon Miller or Nate Oats neither would be at the University today. No one is bigger than Nick in that entire state.