Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I wish the best for Vic, he was nothing but good for Starkville, Msu and WBB team. He will go down as one of the Msu best all time coaches.

No doubt something changed quickly for Vic, but he was good for Msu so stop this bull crap hate on him. I'm sure Vic isn't or wasn't the first coach who keeps "asking" for more, what's wrong with wanting more? Most ALL good coaches have huge egos.
    Some are always going to hate on him because they took every word he ever said as gospel. So when he left they all felt like he lied to them. I don't think the majority of people hate Vic. He did a lot of good for Mississippi State and he did a lot of good for Starkville. I think the one issue that people have with him is that he was constantly wanting more money. We were funding and marketing his program at football level and he still was bitching and complaining that he wasn't getting enough money, coverage, etc. I know the people in the athletic dept had grown tired of him because when he came through the doors of the Bryan Building he was going to complain to someone. He kind of got this invincibility about him. He peeved a lot of people when he wanted to bring Blair on staff. There's some stuff out that if you live in Starkville and you were around that age at that time, you know. And it has ZERO to do with Chloe Bibby.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-21-2023 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    While this isn't defended Jc, Vic was getting funded like football considering. Did he want more? Yes. But damn. Losing 6+ mil a year was enough. Got to draw the line somewhere. And people that like him, as myself, will tell you he was insufferable, wanting more, bitching and complaining. There was never enough no matter.
    Honestly, that sounds exactly like the Vic I saw as a coach. Always demanded more from his team and probably was insufferable at times. It?s a personality trait that makes him successful. I am in no way saying we should have given in, but I think it?s an interesting parallel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Topbulldawg View Post
    Honestly, that sounds exactly like the Vic I saw as a coach. Always demanded more from his team and probably was insufferable at times. It?s a personality trait that makes him successful. I am in no way saying we should have given in, but I think it?s an interesting parallel.
    Him and Cohen are the same person. They were highly demanding of their teams and they could be absolute intolerable ass holes. The difference is Vic knew how to put on a public face, Cohen never really learned that trait. Still hasn't really to this day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I know I?ve heard interviews with him, and he just does not seem as happy there. I know he?s been openly frustrated with the crowd support. The grass just isn?t always greener.
    I don't think Vic has said. Most of what we all discuss is conjecture. My opinion is that there were a multitude of things. Maybe him and JC were not good, the Blair mess, deep down I think part of him wanted back in TX and that is understandable. I think the convergence of these things just made him take the chance. Hey and it is UT. While he will have some success, he is now back in SEC and will be tough sledding to make to top again.

I also agree that he under estimated how special he had it at MSU. You can tell from his interview on the SEC hoops special. He has MSU on a pedistal as far as best places he has coached.

If he had to do over, I'm not sure he leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't think Vic has said. Most of what we all discuss is conjecture. My opinion is that there were a multitude of things. Maybe him and JC were not good, the Blair mess, deep down I think part of him wanted back in TX and that is understandable. I think the convergence of these things just made him take the chance. Hey and it is UT. While he will have some success, he is now back in SEC and will be tough sledding to make to top again.

I also agree that he under estimated how special he had it at MSU. You can tell from his interview on the SEC hoops special. He has MSU on a pedistal as far as best places he has coached.

If he had to do over, I'm not sure he leaves.
    It was almost entirely that he and Cohen didn't get along and a little bit of that he wanted to go home. The Blair stuff, which has become and MSU urban legend, wasn't a factor and the story now is so far from the truth that it's laughable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It was almost entirely that he and Cohen didn't get along and a little bit of that he wanted to go home. The Blair stuff, which has become and MSU urban legend, wasn't a factor and the story now is so far from the truth that it's laughable.
    I wasn't saying the Blair thing was a major factor. It by itself was nothing but deep down it hurt him and he saw a chance for a clean start so to speak. It is almost cosmetic and symbolic. I see it all the time with people's decision in life when a personal hurt happens - divorce, death in family, other pain - they make a big life change hoping it will ease the personal pain. That is all I'm saying. No urban legend here just common sense.

vCash
    I wasn't saying the Blair thing was a major factor. It by itself was nothing but deep down it hurt him and he saw a chance for a clean start so to speak. It is almost cosmetic and symbolic. I see it all the time with people's decision in life when a personal hurt happens - divorce, death in family, other pain - they make a big life change hoping it will ease the personal pain. That is all I'm saying. No urban legend here just common sense.
    I don't know what personal pain it caused. She was doing the same thing hundreds of college girls do. Again, what y'all have been fed for 4 years isn't the truth or at least isn't the whole truth. It's far from it. It's an urban legend and there's little truth to it from what I have seen and was told for years. I was in college with her at the time, and the rumor about her after he left never made a bit of sense. I don't know where that rumor ever started, but it would shock the hell out of me if that was true.

vCash
    I don't know what personal pain it caused. She was doing the same thing hundreds of college girls do. Again, what y'all have been fed for 4 years isn't the truth or at least isn't the whole truth. It's far from it. It's an urban legend and there's little truth to it from what I have seen and was told for years. I was in college with her at the time, and the rumor about her after he left never made a bit of sense. I don't know where that rumor ever started, but it would shock the hell out of me if that was true.
    Doesn't matter how many girls were doing it. Blair was his daughter and he didn't raise her that way and he doesn't believe that way. If you don't believe that way then I get you wouldn't understand the pain it would cause but that is a fact and not a rumor. Again, none of us know the whole reasons. Again don't make a mountain out of the Blair mole hill I mentioned. Not saying that.

vCash
    Doesn't matter how many girls were doing it. Blair was his daughter and he didn't raise her that way and he doesn't believe that way. If you don't believe that way then I get you wouldn't understand the pain it would cause but that is a fact and not a rumor. Again, none of us know the whole reasons. Again don't make a mountain out of the Blair mole hill I mentioned. Not saying that.
    Oh yea I could see that causing him some embarrassment if he didn't know about it. Like you said though, that wasn't the reason he left and I doubt it even factored in to the situation.

vCash
    Oh yea I could see that causing him some embarrassment if he didn't know about it. Like you said though, that wasn't the reason he left and I doubt it even factored in to the situation.
    Yeah there probably was some embarrassment but the personal pain was something else. He had his strong personal convictions violated by his kid whom he raised to mirror his own. That is a strong pain if you've ever had a wayward child as a parent. That kind of pain affects everything you do. I doubt too it was a decider but it was in the undercurrents of his heart. Going back to TX appealed to his heart which was wounded.

vCash
    That is a strong pain if you've ever had a wayward child as a parent. That kind of pain affects everything you do.
    It most certainly does.