Thread: Lemon Live interview

vCash

Lemon Live interview

supposed to be at 4:15 on STM. Let;s see if Hadad asks him ant hard questions??>>

vCash
    Predicted questions:
    1. Which brand of bucket do you find most comfortable?
    2. How do coaches decide whether to wear jerseys or muumuus?
    3. How does it feel to be playing in the best ballpark in the nation in front of the best fans in the nation?

vCash
    I don't have to even listen and I can tell you the talking points:

1. Tough weekend. We didn't play well. Made some mistakes that need to be cleaned up

2. Some guys are pressing right now.

3. We have a lot of youth on the team and they're gaining valuable experience.

4. They still think it's a matter of time before things click.

vCash
    If there is a call-in question:

(1) "you think we are going to host!"
    (2) "do you think bias will cost us a National Seed?"
    (3) "Are you concerned that your Pitching Coach might get plucked for Head Job at a rival school?"
    (4) "Are going to build another deck on the grand stand?"
    (5) "when are we finally going to the "M-State" logo on our caps"
    (6) "our uniforms have been going down hill since they peaked in 2007"

vCash
    Well
    1. We made some mistakes
    2. It was cold
    3. We spent 30 mins addressing the defense and working on throwing guys out at 2m
    4. We are leaders in getting on base
    5. Have to be more aggressive at the plate and the mound.

vCash
    Lemonis: Hell! How should I know. I?m just as dumbfounded as you are. Next question!

Lemonis: 2021??? Hell! That was 2 years ago! I suppose you are going to ask me about the 14 game SEC losing streak spanning 2 years now. You Damn Bulldog Fans are never satisfied and have too high expectations for all these Freshmens! I need 4 more years to turn this Air Craft Carrier around, y?all built the expectations so damn high!!!

vCash
    So what did he say, lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So what did he say, lol?
    What I posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    What I posted.
    Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic, lol.

Holy shit.

vCash
    Said we may get 1 of Cade, Nixon, or Pico back this week. Didn't say which one. Guessing Cade. They are all close and he don't want to rush it and end up prolonging things.

Loftin starts Tuesday and maybe moves to the weekend next week. Guessing Sunday.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Wasn't really shocked with anything he said. Hopefully we can get Nixon back this weekend.

vCash
    Man getting those 3 back would make a huge difference. Hopefully all 3 are back soon.

vCash
    At least Hadad brought up the Catcher position. But wished he would've harped more on wtf with our pitching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Said we may get 1 of Cade, Nixon, or Pico back this week. Didn't say which one. Guessing Cade. They are all close and he don't want to rush it and end up prolonging things.

Loftin starts Tuesday and maybe moves to the weekend next week. Guessing Sunday.
    I wonder if he is babying them a little bit. I don't know.

We really need a SWAC game so we can get those guys some work and see what they've got.

I don't mind moving Loftin to the weekend. This season is probably shot anyway so we might as well get him some SEC experience. And hell- he has a better ERA than most of the guys we've been starting even though he is a walk machine.

I bet he ends up starting Cade against Samford next week to see where he is at. I've heard rumors that Nixon could have pitched this past weekend but we didn't want to do it because of the frigid tundra of Kentucky.

vCash
    At least Hadad brought up the Catcher position. But wished he would've harped more on wtf with our pitching staff.
    Well with Hancock hurting his back it's going to be Highfill for a little while.

vCash
    Well
    1. We made some mistakes
    2. It was cold
    3. We spent 30 mins addressing the defense and working on throwing guys out at 2m
    4. We are leaders in getting on base
    5. Have to be more aggressive at the plate and the mound.
    1. Yeah. The first was made by Lemonis when he brought Foxhall back.
    2. This staff focuses waaayyyy too much on shit like that. Does anyone ever remember Cohen complaining about the weather?
    3. I would spend at least two hours on defense. Seriously.
    4. Can't strand them if they're not on base I guess.
    5. Kind of hard to hit when you're down 17-3. As far as the mound- see point number one.