Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU Athletic Director

vCash

MSU Athletic Director

Has he done anything since he's been here? What is the consensus on him? It seems we hired him and then I haven't heard a peep about since. His ass better be prepared to step up.

vCash
    I agree. He has been missing in action. No radio interviews that I know of. No speeches extolling his vision of our atheletics. No reaching out to the Alumni or fan base that I know of. I hope we didn?t hire a complete flop. He better step forward or he?s going to lose a large segment of the fan base with what is going on presently in baseball.

vCash
    Think Zac has top notch listening skills; when he's ready he'll have something to say. The mark of a strong leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I agree. He has been missing in action. No radio interviews that I know of. No speeches extolling his vision of our atheletics. No reaching out to the Alumni or fan base that I know of. I hope we didn?t hire a complete flop. He better step forward or he?s going to lose a large segment of the fan base with what is going on presently in baseball.
    Did it dawn on anyone that he just might be un17ing a mess? More to do than stand at the front door and grin and greet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Has he done anything since he's been here? What is the consensus on him? It seems we hired him and then I haven't heard a peep about since. His ass better be prepared to step up.
    I?d hope he?s been in south bend

vCash
    I heard him do a pretty long radio interview a few weeks ago. Really good.

vCash
    The guy is sharp as a tack. Yeah he's done interviews and they're really good.

vCash
    Met him at a baseball game a few weeks back. I saw him in Palmeiro?s box and introduced myself. Immediately asked me to call him Zac. He asked where I was from, saw my wife and boys and introduced himself to them and talked to the boys. Introduced me to his wife and daughter sitting out with him. We talked for a good 5-10 minutes and he acted like he had known me for years. Very sharp and VERY happy to be at MSU. We got a good one, I?m not concerned with his lack of tv or radio time. He has lots on his plate and I want him handling all that. He now has a baseball issue to deal with too.

vCash
    You aren't going to see or know everything a good AD is doing but they are always busy behind the scenes. I've heard at least one interview; it was good. I think we got a good one, guess we'll see soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Think Zac has top notch listening skills; when he's ready he'll have something to say. The mark of a strong leader.
    This!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    You aren't going to see or know everything a good AD is doing but they are always busy behind the scenes. I've heard at least one interview; it was good. I think we got a good one, guess we'll see soon.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This.

And this thread sucks ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This.

Zac is super impressive. We hit a hr with him. I'm excited about what he's bringing to our university

vCash
    Zac is super impressive. We hit a hr with him. I'm excited about what he's bringing to our university
    Exactly.

vCash
    I've had two VPs take over my department in the last 3 years. The first had all the answers on day one and began changing things immediately. He was gone in less than 2 years. The second told us on day one that he wasn't going to make any changes for at least 90 days. He is currently on his sixth months and making significant improvements.
    Sometimes you have to learn a little about where you are before you can fully lead.

vCash
    That's good to know. I haven't heard a peep. That's why I asked. I hope he's as good or better than Byrne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This.

So what makes the thread suck ass? Just curious as to your thoughts. I just wanted to know what the board thinks about the guy.

vCash
    Looks like Keenum did his homework on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    That's good to know. I haven't heard a peep. That's why I asked. I hope he's as good or better than Byrne.
    I hear ya. I honestly believe he's gonna be a good one.

vCash
    Listening and Speaking are nice qualities for a Fundraiser and a Motivational Speaker.

Can the dude swing a heavy AXE? Because there are some trees that are going to need to be cleared to rebuild our Favorite NICHE program.