Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Parker Stinnett

vCash

Kudos to Parker Stinnett

He got tossed after the last bat flip home run by Kentucky. Atleast he's got some fire in him.

vCash
    Only losers want to fight after getting down 17-3. Winners would be up 17-3.

I'm not interested in anybody's fire. I want to see us execute, play to win, throw strikes, and beat people. Keep your head in the game, play to your ability. Compete, find a way to win, work. Theatrics are nothing but that when you are getting your teeth kicked in.

vCash
    Idk, NIL money for a guy to show fire after 17-3 trouncing. I'll pass

vCash
    What did I say yesterday about toughness and swagger. Bunch of coddled little travel ballers. When they throw a bat at your pitcher, you get their backs.
    A baseball team without swagger is a shitty baseball team.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-19-2023 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    From my experience, the travel ballers are way more tough than the rec ball heroes that we play school ball with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    From my experience, the travel ballers are way more tough than the rec ball heroes that we play school ball with
    Yep

vCash
    Anybody have a video of it? I had stopped watching when this went down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    You obviously haven't seen the various levels of travel ball nor the basic selling of certain kids even when those kids aren't good enough. Happens more often than you would believe. When you sign a crap ton of players from one organization, you get that too. It happens. These guys just don't have it.
    We've passed on a lot of dirt bags for guys that simply aren't. Part of why I got out. I was being asked to sell kids that I couldn't justify selling to schools.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-19-2023 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Travel has nothing to do with it.

I?d be shocked if there is one player on any d1 team that didn?t play travel ball.

99% of kids that don?t play travel ball won?t even have a chance of starting in high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    Travel has nothing to do with it.

I?d be shocked if there is one player on any d1 team that didn?t play travel ball.

99% of kids that don?t play travel ball won?t even have a chance of starting in high school.
    You're missing my point. There are coddled players in travel ball. I'm not saying travel ball itself. Just certain players. I've coached from one coast to the other and all over the damn country. I've seen it. We've been sold a few kids we shouldn't have taken.
    I could tell you a couple in the upcoming class I've dealt with myself. Wouldn't touch them. Keep thinking we'll cut them loose but we haven't so far.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-19-2023 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You obviously haven't seen the various levels of travel ball nor the basic selling of certain kids even when those kids aren't good enough. Happens more often than you would believe. When you sign a crap ton of players from one organization, you get that too. It happens. These guys just don't have it.
    We've passed on a lot of dirt bags for guys that simply aren't. Part of why I got out. I was being asked to sell kids that I couldn't justify selling to schools.
    Yep. We need some thugs on this team.

Some gritty, dirt bags.

vCash
    You're missing my point. There are coddled players in travel ball. I'm not saying travel ball itself. Just certain players.
    100%

vCash
    Maybe not yet since my oldest is just playing 14u at the moment

I love gritty dirtbags though - the Pirtles and Cody browns of the world

I?m curious which org you?re talking about

vCash
    I was watching early in the game when the UK pitcher walked off the mound and said F U straight to our dugout.

I wasnt watching on tv but I was listening to our radio broadcast when the ejections happened. You could hear a lot of "shut up" "f ...u..". "Sit down and shut up". My point it wasn't just Stinnet and lot was being said both directions. UK had a player ejected too.

vCash
    You're missing my point. There are coddled players in travel ball. I'm not saying travel ball itself. Just certain players. I've coached from one coast to the other and all over the damn country. I've seen it. We've been sold a few kids we shouldn't have taken.
    I could tell you a couple in the upcoming class I've dealt with myself. Wouldn't touch them. Keep thinking we'll cut them loose but we haven't so far.
    Cooter we've probably run up against each other at some point over the years. I only recruited dirt bags. I want kids that are tough and can take being coached hard. I've turned down some coddled entitled "superstars" over my years and I've had a few leave me because they couldn't take being coached hard.

vCash
    And look, I've always said I get more upset watching bad ball than I do something more serious than a game. I just can't help it. Bad ball just pisses me off. This team has no fire, swagger, and no fundamentals. That's bad ball. There are bad games, bad teams, and bad ball. We just nailed all three.

vCash
    And look, I've always said I get more upset watching bad ball than I do something more serious than a game. I just can't help it. Bad ball just pisses me off. This team has no fire, swagger, and no fundamentals. That's bad ball. There are bad games, bad teams, and bad ball. We just nailed all three.
    We are similar

vCash
    Yep. I hate sloppiness more than losing. I can handle a hard fought loss. I'll still be pissed. But I can stomach it. What I can't stand is looking like we've never played the game before. I hate being embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yep. I hate sloppiness more than losing. I can handle a hard fought loss. I'll still be pissed. But I can stomach it. What I can't stand is looking like we've never played the game before. I hate being embarrassed.
    Like the basketball game Tuesday. It's two fairly evenly matched teams with a one/two point spread. It happens. I wasn't pleasant to be around for a little while but we just got beat. Now, this abomination in Lexington is another story. Complete and total embarrassment.

vCash
    Amazing what happens when you get rid of the coach that taught you to step into the middle of the ring and throw punches and replaced him with a guy who can't be bothered to get off his bucket when other teams are punking us. We went from boxing gloves in the dugout to a stupid ass dog collar.

Our problem isn't coddled travel ball players, of which there are plenty out there. Our problem is CULTURE. Plain and simple. And that culture won't change until Lemonis is shown the door. Jordan and Allen were the last remnants of that step in the ring and fight culture.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-19-2023 at 08:19 PM.