Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My apologies to the board.

vCash

My apologies to the board.

I apologize for defending this the last few weeks. I felt like we were so close to getting over the hump. For that reason I wish we had all new coaches starting tomorrow because I still believe this team is talented enough for the post-season.

Also can we stop with any promotional highlights of this team from the marketing department until this team is as good as they think they are. Just stop it. It makes us look like a joke to see the promos with crap music to get you hyped about a crap team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I apologize for defending this the last few weeks. I felt like we were so close to getting over the hump. For that reason I wish we had all new coaches starting tomorrow because I still believe this team is talented enough for the post-season.

Also can we stop with any promotional highlights of this team from the marketing department until this team is as good as they think they are. Just stop it. It makes us look like a joke to see the promos with crap music to get you hyped about a crap team.
    Respect for the post. But believing is easy, knowing is the hard part.

vCash

Respect you owning it, dude.

vCash
    No need to apologize, nothing is wrong with being a true maroon fan. I didn’t see this coming either but his time will be short lived.

vCash
    I'll give it to you, Cowbell. You hung in there but it was just obvious. Sadly.

vCash
    Bad part is, I don't even think the anti-Lemonis crowd would have thought things in Lexington could have gone this poorly. These last 2 games have been more like KY playing Mississippi Valley State than Mississippi State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Bad part is, I don't even think the anti-Lemonis crowd would have thought things in Lexington could have gone this poorly. These last 2 games have been more like KY playing Mississippi Valley State than Mississippi State.
    As a proud member of that crowd I can assure you we did not. I was thinking one win would be absolute worst case meltdown mode scenario. Boy was I wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I'll give it to you, Cowbell. You hung in there but it was just obvious. Sadly.
    I was the one of first ones out on Moorhead so I know what's it's like on the other side. Kept hoping you guys were wrong here.

vCash
    I was the one of first ones out on Moorhead so I know what's it's like on the other side. Kept hoping you guys were wrong here.
    Oh no doubt. I wanted nothing more than to be wrong. Even missed two days of self-employed work to drive 3 hours to Biloxi this week in hopes. And there was a slight glimpse Tuesday and Wednesday. Should have known better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm far from anti-Lemonis, too. I wanted him to get it fixed. I really like him (I often think about that video with his dad and the trophy), but something is broken in our baseball program and the buck stops with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm far from anti-Lemonis, too. I wanted him to get it fixed. I really like him (I often think about that video with his dad and the trophy), but something is broken in our baseball program and the buck stops with him.
    That?s the thing - people want to hold onto that emotion because they can connect to it - it was a special moment

It sucks he has soured it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    That?s the thing - people want to hold onto that emotion because they can connect to it - it was a special moment

It sucks he has soured it
    You're definitely right about that.

vCash
    I too thought Lemonis would turn it around. Now I want him fired tomorrow morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That's where I am as well. You put in words my feelings. No one's getting fired during the season so I'm gonna keep pulling for this bunch to get it going but it's ugly right now, really ugly. I'll always wait and see until the end of the season but obviously if this continues it's not gonna end well for anyone.

vCash
    Have lacked an identity since the 2021 CWS. Rather our identity is soft since that CWS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's where I am as well. You put in words my feelings. No one's getting fired during the season so I'm gonna keep pulling for this bunch to get it going but it's ugly right now, really ugly. I'll always wait and see until the end of the season but obviously if this continues it's not gonna end well for anyone.
    This is me as well. In spite of being an MSU fan, I'm an eternal optimist. I'm always going to believe our teams are going to turn it around until they can't. I want them to because I want us to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is me as well. In spite of being an MSU fan, I'm an eternal optimist. I'm always going to believe our teams are going to turn it around until they can't. I want them to because I want us to win.
    100%! I just don't have it in me to give up until it's all final, even when it's ugly, I just always keep pulling and fighting. Plenty of time to fuss about things when it all comes to an end.

ETA I'm not adverse to anyone criticizing coaching or effort when it's called for, that's definitely appropriate at times, and I will as well, this weekend was ugly all the way around from top to bottom.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 03-19-2023 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100%! I just don't have it in me to give up until it's all final, even when it's ugly, I just always keep pulling and fighting. Plenty of time to fuss about things when it all comes to an end.

ETA I'm not adverse to anyone criticizing coaching or effort when it's called for, that's definitely appropriate at times, and I will as well, this weekend was ugly all the way around from top to bottom.
    I think you are correct about not giving up. But when things seem to be going downhill as fast as we have since the Natty you have to look at who is responsible. Lemonis makes some serious money, times have changed hanging on coaches too long nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think you are correct about not giving up. But when things seem to be going downhill as fast as we have since the Natty you have to look at who is responsible. Lemonis makes some serious money, times have changed hanging on coaches too long nowadays.
    Yep he parlayed the NC into having the highest paid staff in the country at the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Oh I agree but no one's getting fired until after the season(if this continues)
    so that's the reason I say I'm not giving up because until there's a change I'll keep pulling for whoever's there to turn
    it around. And right now it's ugly I think we all see that.