Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday morning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Good thing Kentucky did not have to play in the bad weather like we did.
    I was thinking same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Given this happened on the road in poor weather I would like to see how we look against Vandy at home next weekend but if it's a repeat of this weekend then I'm good to make the change whenever. It's not like we could do any worse. Thanks Cohen. now I'm even more glad your butt is at Auburn because if you were still here I would be ready to fire you too.
    Get the 17ing excuses out of here - UK had the same 17ing weather we had - it just highlighted which team is mentally weaker than the other

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Thankfully I moved to DFW a couple of years ago so I am not right next to it. Unfortunately I have to be in Starkville this weekend and will unfortunately be at the games. Oh well, at least I have a good reason to get hammered.
    Live right across the bridge from downtown in Trinity Groves. Across the street from St. Rocco?s.
    We ranch for a living so a little further out of that traffic thankfully / you are in it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Given this happened on the road in poor weather I would like to see how we look against Vandy at home next weekend but if it's a repeat of this weekend then I'm good to make the change whenever. It's not like we could do any worse. Thanks Cohen. now I'm even more glad your butt is at Auburn because if you were still here I would be ready to fire you too.
    I could live with this as long as the next 5 days us spent putting a plan in place by our AD.

vCash
    Jay has never coached at the JUCO level and he is also not going to leave JA high and dry to be an interim pitching coach. He has zero shot at the full time job and will not leave his job to do that.

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy?s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.
    It's an interim deal. Do what you have to do. He played here. He knows enough and the babying will stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I could live with this as long as the next 5 days us spent putting a plan in place by our AD.
    Well, really won't matter. We all know that unless something is going on with Lemonis off the field we won't make a move until the season ends if we even make one then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    in Selmons office. Leomonis thanks for the Ring but I have lost all confidence in you and you are hereby relieved of all duties. Gatrou you are promoted to manager are this is your chance to excel.
    I would go for this. Maybe Lemonis will resign with an agreed upon settlement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's an interim deal. Do what you have to do. He played here. He knows enough and the babying will stop.
    I would love to hear that convo. “Hey Jay, we need you to quit your job and come coach pitchers for a month and a half on an interim basis. You have zero chance at the full time job though.”

vCash
    Hell, I?ll take that offer. I cannot be any worse than what we have now!

vCash
    Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans. Problem solved. Let Dudy Noble become the best intramural field in the country.

vCash
    Jay has never coached at the JUCO level and he is also not going to leave JA high and dry to be an interim pitching coach. He has zero shot at the full time job and will not leave his job to do that.

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy’s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.
    If you have played MLB baseball for 10 years you are qualified to be an interim pitching coach for a SEC baseball team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans and we would still be hind-tit and far, far from the tallest midget in either of those sports.

vCash
    Lemons will be the head baseball coach in 2024 regardless of what happens this year. I'm also not convinced Slowthrow will be canned either. I just don't believe we will do anything about it.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Lemons will be the head baseball coach in 2024 regardless of what happens this year. I'm also not convinced Slowthrow will be canned either. I just don't believe we will do anything about it.
    Youre going to be surprised

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans. Problem solved. Let Dudy Noble become the best intramural field in the country.
    There?s a great big world out there away from topics about State baseball. Go enjoy it! You opinion is worth less than a half a penny on this topic.

vCash
    I don't believe anyone in their right mind believes that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I don't believe anyone in their right mind believes that.
    Yea if we don't show MASSIVE improvement I don't think he's here next year. And let me say this because I've been very vocally against Lemonis for about 10 months now, but he truly is a great guy. A quick story, I was at Boardtown on a Sunday back in 21 and was just enjoying my afternoon and a guy came up and asked was anyone sitting beside me, it was Lemonis. We sat there and talked for an hour or so about everything, baseball, life, etc. He stopped to take pictures with kids and talked to them, not just blow them off. I saw all that to say that, although I may be tough on him, he really is a great ambassador for our university and our program.

vCash
    Yea if we don't show MASSIVE improvement I don't think he's here next year. And let me say this because I've been very vocally against Lemonis for about 10 months now, but he truly is a great guy. A quick story, I was at Boardtown on a Sunday back in 21 and was just enjoying my afternoon and a guy came up and asked was anyone sitting beside me, it was Lemonis. We sat there and talked for an hour or so about everything, baseball, life, etc. He stopped to take pictures with kids and talked to them, not just blow them off. I saw all that to say that, although I may be tough on him, he really is a great ambassador for our university and our program.
    Every positive thing you just said about Lem is 100% true. He's just a good dude and approachable and personable and that's why this hurts so bad. It's not like he's a butthole who people can't stand and want him gone.

vCash
    At this point I wouldn't say that. He is embarrassing us right now- and the cigar boys are not going to put up with this for much longer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foxhall is fired soon. If that happens they're putting Lemonis on notice. Turn this around now or you're next.

There are going to be some changes regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Every positive thing you just said about Lem is 100% true. He's just a good dude and approachable and personable and that's why this hurts so bad. It's not like he's a butthole who people can't stand and want him gone.
    I?d take a butthole if he could get these clowns to perform up to their press clippings.