Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday morning

vCash

Monday morning

in Selmons office. Leomonis thanks for the Ring but I have lost all confidence in you and you are hereby relieved of all duties. Gatrou you are promoted to manager are this is your chance to excel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    in Selmons office. Leomonis thanks for the Ring but I have lost all confidence in you and you are hereby relieved of all duties. Gatrou you are promoted to manager are this is your chance to excel.
    Hire Jake in the interim, bring Polk back down to the dugout for fielding, and go get Russ McNickle for the pitchers. If we get on a win streak Polk can smoke on the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Hire Jake in the interim, bring Polk back down to the dugout for fielding, and go get Russ McNickle for the pitchers. If we get on a win streak Polk can smoke on the field
    The Polk, Russ thing will absolutely never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    The Polk, Russ thing will absolutely never happen.
    The Polk part was said in jest. I think Russ probably would come back for a couple of months to help out. He is unemployed at the moment so he has some free time. Regardless, we would need a pitching coach and our staff may be worse under Jay Powell. He has never coached at even the JUCO level, much less the best conference in college baseball. McNickle has done it for over 20 years. The only other option is see if you can pull Roy away from the 44 Prime bar long enough.

vCash
    The Polk part was said in jest. I think Russ probably would come back for a couple of months to help out. He is unemployed at the moment so he has some free time. Regardless, we would need a pitching coach and our staff may be worse under Jay Powell. He has never coached at even the JUCO level, much less the best conference in college baseball. McNickle has done it for over 20 years. The only other option is see if you can pull Roy away from the 44 Prime bar long enough.
    Russ will not be a part of this.

vCash
    Well then we better hope 44 Prime pushes back Happy Hour til after practices and games.

vCash
    Well then we better hope 44 Prime pushes back Happy Hour til after practices and games.
    I?m not going disagree with that.

vCash
    I?m not going disagree with that.
    It is bad my friend. It is bad that we are looking at that option and seriously considering it.

vCash
    It is bad my friend. It is bad that we are looking at that option and seriously considering it.
    Im not considering it I?m living it. I?m here also and I can?t make myself go to a game. I?m just a better person if I stay away. Looks like that?s going to be an extended thing.

vCash
    Obviously, none of this will happen. But, come July 1, everything needs to be in place. I know Dr. Keenum has a plate full, but he needs to stress to Selmon that this Charlie Foxtrot will NOT be tolerated and he has about 3 months to right this ship and get the best staff in place. Selmon isn't dumb. All he has to do is look at DNF to know we don't play around with this program.

vCash
    Im not considering it I?m living it. I?m here also and I can?t make myself go to a game. I?m just a better person if I stay away. Looks like that?s going to be an extended thing.
    Thankfully I moved to DFW a couple of years ago so I am not right next to it. Unfortunately I have to be in Starkville this weekend and will unfortunately be at the games. Oh well, at least I have a good reason to get hammered.

vCash
    Thankfully I moved to DFW a couple of years ago so I am not right next to it. Unfortunately I have to be in Starkville this weekend and will unfortunately be at the games. Oh well, at least I have a good reason to get hammered.
    Where you live man? I'm right north of the DFW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Obviously, none of this will happen. But, come July 1, everything needs to be in place. I know Dr. Keenum has a plate full, but he needs to stress to Selmon that this Charlie Foxtrot will NOT be tolerated and he has about 3 months to right this ship and get the best staff in place. Selmon isn't dumb. All he has to do is look at DNF to know we don't play around with this program.
    You know I was not for a mid season firing until yesterday but now I am 100% on board with it. This team is not getting better. They need a breathe of fresh air around the program. Maybe Jake can provide that. Do I believe he can? No. But I had low expectations for Henderson too so what do I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Where you live man? I'm right north of the DFW
    Live right across the bridge from downtown in Trinity Groves. Across the street from St. Rocco’s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Baseball is the one sport on the entire campus that State fans will not put up with a subpar product. It's really the only sport historically we can take pride in. This BS we are watching now is just plain embarrassing.

vCash
    You know I was not for a mid season firing until yesterday but now I am 100% on board with it. This team is not getting better. They need a breathe of fresh air around the program. Maybe Jake can provide that. Do I believe he can? No. But I had low expectations for Henderson too so what do I know.
    Not a fan either but now we are talking about the future of the program not only just this one year,

vCash
    Given this happened on the road in poor weather I would like to see how we look against Vandy at home next weekend but if it's a repeat of this weekend then I'm good to make the change whenever. It's not like we could do any worse. Thanks Cohen. now I'm even more glad your butt is at Auburn because if you were still here I would be ready to fire you too.

vCash
    Jay Powell

vCash
    Good thing Kentucky did not have to play in the bad weather like we did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Jay Powell
    Jay has never coached at the JUCO level and he is also not going to leave JA high and dry to be an interim pitching coach. He has zero shot at the full time job and will not leave his job to do that.

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy’s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-19-2023 at 02:35 PM.