Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd's Crazy Baseball Thought of the Night

vCash

Todd's Crazy Baseball Thought of the Night

What if we hired Wes Johnson as our head coach?

If nothing else that would weaken LSU and he would bring in someone from Dallas Baptist as our PC. Or we could maybe get Chris Young from the Phillies.

Then all we would have to do is get an elite hitting coach with scouting ties and then a really good catching coach.

Not drunk. Fired up from Team USA's win over Venezuela in the WBC.

vCash
    No to Wes. Hell he already dismantled our pitching staff once with arm injuries. I just have a gut feeling we won’t be looking for a coach. I bet Foxhall gets the ax and then Lemonis gets another year or if we do fire him Gotro gets it, which I would hate. I want it wiped clean. I’m tired of having 3-4 hits a game and making pitchers look like Maddux.

I still say you make Vitello tell you no. He’s a douche until he has you too 5 every year and beating the brakes off people. The. He is the best thing ever. I want that swag his teams have. We just look bad. Like we don’t give a shit. I want the bat spikes, the mouthing, the **** you this is our house attitude. I want the teams attitude that come in here to play us. Believe it or not, I want that Ole Miss we are better than you and we know it attitude.

I don’t know much about the OK assistant everyone is raving about. Apparently he is something to look at.

I would also be perfectly fine with Burroughs. We have some good/decent talent. We just need someone to harness it. Foxhall/Lemon/Gotro ain’t it…

Whoever we hire/if we hire, can turn this around in no time with the portal. Look at LSU this year and Schloss last year. You just have to be the ass hole and tell current players to take a hike whether us fans like it or not… That is gonna include some kids we all like…

vCash
    On another note? Could you imagine Vitello coming here, being down 1 in the bottom of the 9th, him going out arguing a call and getting tossed over something that was a bad call, ramping everybody up, and 14,000 people going crazy! How the hell could you not win a game after that.

Hell Lemon won?t even get off the bucket, let alone argue anything. Gotro can?t get off the chart he is writing stuff down on, and Foxhall is just ****ing lost?

vCash
    Go get Corbin. He will come. He LOVES State & Starkville .. It?s a no brainer.

vCash
    I honestly think we would have a lot more options this time around than last. Would you wanna work for the person that used to have your job and is now gonna be your boss and is known to be a hothead? Everyone knew Cohen would meddle and give his opinion. Now whoever takes it would have it to themselves…

On a side note, I wonder if Cohen held Lemonis in check while he was here and now Lemonis just thinks he can do what he wants. We have talent on this team. They just aren’t coached worth a shit not act like they care… Makes one think…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    If this is true, go get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    On another note? Could you imagine Vitello coming here, being down 1 in the bottom of the 9th, him going out arguing a call and getting tossed over something that was a bad call, ramping everybody up, and 14,000 people going crazy! How the hell could you not win a game after that.

Hell Lemon won?t even get off the bucket, let alone argue anything. Gotro can?t get off the chart he is writing stuff down on, and Foxhall is just ****ing lost?
    No to Vitello. He is a trash rep of our school. I don't want him near MSU.

vCash
    I have no clue who might be on our list as next HC, but no to V and Wes. Don't know much about Chris Young as a coach at the college level. But I might hire Cc24 and let him bring his son in as catcher coach. LOL

vCash
    I'm going to wait on my coach search. I wouldn't have Wes high on my list, but I'd talk to him.
    People better realize now, baseball's top coaches rarely change jobs. So those talking Vitello etc, need to get a grip. It's not happening. We can get a Schloss type that's basically past his prime or we can get a first time hot shot or a lower level HC. Maybe a MLB related hire.
    Our first time AD needs to be doing work now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    He's not coming here....

vCash
    No to Gotro. His batting coaching drives me crazy. Apparently he refuses to teach to swing at anything in the bottom of the strike zone. He coaches to chop a batters swing causing ground outs. My biggest gripe with Gotro is coaching check swings. We check swing almost every pitch which causes batter to partially swing and thus causing strikes that don?t have to be strikes. Either swing the *%#+ bat or don?t swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    No to Gotro. His batting coaching drives me crazy. Apparently he refuses to teach to swing at anything in the bottom of the strike zone. He coaches to chop a batters swing causing ground outs. My biggest gripe with Gotro is coaching check swings. We check swing almost every pitch which causes batter to partially swing and thus causing strikes that don?t have to be strikes. Either swing the *%#+ bat or don?t swing.
    He doesn't teach chopping..lol. Nobody teaches chopping at the ball. He doesn't coach check swings either. He just hasn't signed good hitters.

vCash
    That’s actually a great idea, except for the fact that when he was here before as pitching coach, he ravaged our arms with a bunch of torn UCLs.

vCash
    I?ll throw a name out for someone to work with catchers and hitters, Eli Whiteside. He backed up Buster Posey and won two rings with the Giants. He?s got the same competitive makeup as Will Clark. He stayed on after playing and was the bullpen coach for the Giants for several years before coming back home to New Albany. He works with their high school team now. Guy can coach and keeps a fire lit under peoples butts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    That’s actually a great idea, except for the fact that when he was here before as pitching coach, he ravaged our arms with a bunch of torn UCLs.
    That's across college baseball. It's the velo era. The guy was a very good MLB pitching coach.
    Look at what's happened under Foxhall. And we baby the hell out of pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's not coming here....
    Some of the names being floated around in this thread are laughable. I just shake my head and smile. Vitello, McDonnell, Corbin, O'Connor, even Godwin. About as much chance of any of those as it is me getting it. Zero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That's across college baseball. It's the velo era. The guy was a very good MLB pitching coach.
    Yes. Last year our pitching staff was decimated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We just did a national search and ended up with a guy from Indiana.

If we fire Lemo need to be prepared for Burroughs which I'm fine with.

vCash
    I know this. We are in one helluva mess.

vCash
    Never seen a coach who felled as quickly as Lemonis. There is nothing fundamentally good about our baseball team. It’s amazing. I think now he want make the season.