Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd's Crazy Baseball Thought of the Night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Never seen a coach who felled as quickly as Lemonis. There is nothing fundamentally good about our baseball team. It’s amazing. I think now he want make the season.

Miracle if he does

vCash
    Hell ... give Cann another shot. Everyone else gets rehabilitated all the time after a few years in purgatory.

In football they usually go to the Saban school for coach rehabilitation first. Except in Freezus' case.

ETA: And what Freezus did was worse IMO than what Cann did. Cann just got obsessed with a good or great piece of tail. Embarrassing but ... many another man has done the same thing.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 03-19-2023 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Hell ... give Cann another shot. Everyone else gets rehabilitated all the time after a few years in purgatory.

In football they usually go to the Saban school for coach rehabilitation first. Except in Freezus' case.
    I?d sign up for Cannizzaro

But I?d go
    Wes Johnson HC
    Cannizzaro hitting / recruiting coordinator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I?d sign up for Cannizzaro

But I?d go
    Wes Johnson HC
    Cannizzaro hitting / recruiting coordinator
    We tend to want to portray the "holier than tho" perception of MSU. And there are things that are unforgivable in the realm of college sports. But I don't believe what Cann did falls into that category.

vCash
    Yep. You would think there has never been an asshole who successful at coaching sports. Only Choirboys and Alterboys are successful I guess. 👆subliminally mentions Saban, Woody Hayes, Billy Martin, Jim Harbaugh, Barry Switzer, Bill Belichik, et al. Oops? forgot to add Mike Ditka and Hugh Freeze!

vCash
    Get Butch or Lane and let’s go.

vCash
    I have no clue who might be on our list as next HC, but no to V and Wes. Don't know much about Chris Young as a coach at the college level. But I might hire Cc24 and let him bring his son in as catcher coach. LOL
    I could save the school a ton of money lol, they wouldn't have to pay me near as much.

ETA I could put my son back there today and the passed balls would go away. With that torn labrum though he's not throwing anyone out right now but he'll block every thing and steal a bunch of strikes lol.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 03-19-2023 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I could save the school a ton of money lol, they wouldn't have to pay me near as much.

ETA I could put my son back there today and the passed balls would go away. With that torn labrum though he's not throwing anyone out right now but he'll block every thing and steal a bunch of strikes lol.
    That?d be an improvement even with not being able to throw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    No to Wes. Hell he already dismantled our pitching staff once with arm injuries. I just have a gut feeling we won?t be looking for a coach. I bet Foxhall gets the ax and then Lemonis gets another year or if we do fire him Gotro gets it, which I would hate. I want it wiped clean. I?m tired of having 3-4 hits a game and making pitchers look like Maddux.

I still say you make Vitello tell you no. He?s a douche until he has you too 5 every year and beating the brakes off people. The. He is the best thing ever. I want that swag his teams have. We just look bad. Like we don?t give a shit. I want the bat spikes, the mouthing, the **** you this is our house attitude. I want the teams attitude that come in here to play us. Believe it or not, I want that Ole Miss we are better than you and we know it attitude.

I don?t know much about the OK assistant everyone is raving about. Apparently he is something to look at.

I would also be perfectly fine with Burroughs. We have some good/decent talent. We just need someone to harness it. Foxhall/Lemon/Gotro ain?t it?

Whoever we hire/if we hire, can turn this around in no time with the portal. Look at LSU this year and Schloss last year. You just have to be the ass hole and tell current players to take a hike whether us fans like it or not? That is gonna include some kids we all like?
    I just don't get all this love for GoTro. Do I like him, yeah but why the heck does everyone think he's indispensable? Yeah, he's a good recruiter but the offense ain't exactly setting the woods on fire either.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    You left off the ******

Corbin's not leaving that gravy job and Nashville to come here. Ain't happening.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Realistically, these should be 1A and 1B........

vCash
    Never seen a coach who felled as quickly as Lemonis. There is nothing fundamentally good about our baseball team. It?s amazing. I think now he want make the season.
    It's mind boggling and it's little league fundamental stuff we're failing at. Do we even practice fundamentals during the fall and in practices? You really need to still practice the basic stuff to stay sharp and find out where the weak points in the chain are.

vCash
    Just sharing some facts- the average tenure of MLB pitching coaches is 2 years and 1.5 years for hitting coaches. An MLB pitching coach makes 450k.

Why fret so much about replacing Fox when really you could hire an MLB level coach on demand without changing the salary structure. It would probably draw recruits that MSU uses MLB coaches for pitching.

The move could be to Interim The Goat, get a Pro PC, and Cannizarro for hitting and recruiting.

vCash

ETA: And what Freezus did was worse IMO than what Cann did. Cann just got obsessed with a good or great piece of tail. Embarrassing but ... many another man has done the same thing.
    No no. Just hell no....

vCash
    Cann has downward spiraled into being fired at a HS, y'all can't consider us a serious baseball program and honestly consider him a candidate at this point in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Cann has downward spiraled into being fired at a HS, y'all can't consider us a serious baseball program and honestly consider him a candidate at this point in his career.
    There's a reason he hasn't sniffed another college job. We can do better.

vCash
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Ok ... didn't know all of that and would agree. Y'all carry on and find us a good coach then LOL.

vCash
    CC24, can u give a hint of the reason? I did see where Holy Cross wanted to "go in another direction" and let Cann go, but it didn't sound like he was fired for any reason other than political. I would damn sure love for Cann to be involved in our recruiting.

vCash
    Ok ... didn't know all of that and would agree. Y'all carry on and find us a good coach then LOL.
    Man if you leave it to ED we can fix everything wrong at the university lol