Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Hot Board

vCash

Baseball Coaching Hot Board

IF this team continues down the same path, it'll be time to make a move. IF that happens, who would you like to see us target?

Vitello won't happen and neither will McDonnell. So now that we've gotten those two out of the way.

-Cliff Godwin; makes $500K at ECU, so financially we could get him away. He regularly makes super regionals at a place that shouldn't be going to super regionals. He's one of my top guys.

-Butch Thompson; 4 years ago, this would've been laughable, but he's been to 2 CWS.

-Lane Burroughs; state guy. I think we can do better

-Tim Tadlock; highly unlikely but I'd give him a call

Who else?

vCash
    I?d throw the bank at Godwin. He?s done a tremendous job at ECU and recruits at a high level.

vCash
    Selmon needs to start putting a list together NOW. This is unacceptable for MSU baseball. We have become the worst team in the SEC in less than 2 years removed from a NC. Completely unacceptable. There is no good reason, outside of coaching/recruiting (go hand in hand), that MSU baseball should be anywhere other than the top 15 in country year in and year out.

vCash
    Godwin turned down the job at lsu...just thought that should be mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Godwin turned down the job at lsu...just thought that should be mentioned.
    I doubt that he was actually offered the job.

He also "turned us down" back in 2018, but everyone with knowledge of situation said we never offered him the job either.

vCash
    Selmon said won't have the benefit of a Rolodex of baseball coaches who he knows. Could just hire the Oklahoma assistant everyone raves about. Can't remember his name, but he runs their offense.

vCash
    I would also give Brian O'Connor at UVA a call. He's been there forever, but the dude can coach and doesn't make that much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Selmon said won't have the benefit of a Rolodex of baseball coaches who he knows. Could just hire the Oklahoma assistant everyone raves about. Can't remember his name, but he runs their offense.
    Hard pass on that guy. His offense wasn't very impressive in last years' CWSCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    IF this team continues down the same path, it'll be time to make a move. IF that happens, who would you like to see us target?

Vitello won't happen and neither will McDonnell. So now that we've gotten those two out of the way.

-Cliff Godwin; makes $500K at ECU, so financially we could get him away. He regularly makes super regionals at a place that shouldn't be going to super regionals. He's one of my top guys.

-Butch Thompson; 4 years ago, this would've been laughable, but he's been to 2 CWS.

-Lane Burroughs; state guy. I think we can do better

-Tim Tadlock; highly unlikely but I'd give him a call

Who else?
    Out of your list number one and 4 won't take it. Number 2 might. Might not. Lane would jump for sure. Even not making tourney, doubt lem gets fired this year. We shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I would also give Brian O'Connor at UVA a call. He's been there forever, but the dude can coach and doesn't make that much
    He passed even taking to us last time. He missed ncaa tourney back to back 18-19. So he's not sustained being good either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Reggie Willits

vCash
    Cannizzaro is available.....

vCash
    I make an offer to Vitello to make him the highest paid coach in the country and make him say no.

If he does say no go after Lane Burroughs and get Ostrander from USM and call it a day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Hard pass on that guy. His offense wasn't very impressive in last years' CWSCS.
    What? They scored 24 runs prior to the championship series. Hard pass over 2 games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I make an offer to Vitello to make him the highest paid coach in the country and make him say no.

If he does say no go after Lane Burroughs and get Ostrander from USM and call it a day.
    I think this would be our most likely outcome.

I wouldn't hate it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What? They scored 24 runs prior to the championship series. Hard pass over 2 games?
    It wasn't their offense. They just happened to run into a red hot Ole Miss team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Out of your list number one and 4 won't take it. Number 2 might. Might not. Lane would jump for sure. Even not making tourney, doubt lem gets fired this year. We shall see.
    I don't see it happening either but at the rate this team is losing SEC games who knows. You've got a guy like Selmon who's probably never had that much say so in these things before. So, is he the kinda guy that is trying to put his stamp on something and blaze new trails or is he someone who's going to be timid to make the hard decisions at this point in his young career. I fully understand there are more people involved but he's going to feel the pressure either way.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Godwin isn't coming to Mississippi State. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    And wasn’t no one beating OM pitching in the series. They had the juice…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Godwin isn't coming to Mississippi State. Period.
    Probably not. Still gonna throw him on the hot board