Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Hot Board

vCash
    Whoever it is, you better believe Kendall Rogers knows already and will let us know “the full story” when time…***

vCash
    Burroughs with Ostrander would be solid. I'd have no complaints.

vCash
    Dan McDonnell is another name we should pursue, even if it's a longshot to actually get him.

In the last 9 years, Louisville has always been at or above .500 in the ACC, winning 8 Regionals and reaching Omaha 4 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Dan McDonnell is another name we should pursue, even if it's a longshot to actually get him.

In the last 9 years, Louisville has always been at or above .500 in the ACC, winning 8 Regionals and reaching Omaha 4 times.
    Lemonis is one of his besties. I really can't see him taking our job after we fire his boy, especially since he already turned us down the last time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Burroughs with Ostrander would be solid. I'd have no complaints.
    The biggest thing with those two would be adding a staff member with MLB scouting connections. Those two would clean out Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lemonis is one of his besties. I really can't see him taking our job after we fire his boy, especially since he already turned us down the last time.
    I don't feel like we should bother with him. I mean- he's had opportunities to come here before and he's not going to do it.

vCash
    Sometimes it takes years for a coach and a program to finally pull the trigger on each other. (See Dan Mullen and Florida.)

I doubt McDonnell is our next coach, but we should definitely offer him a huge salary and see what happens.

vCash

He said no once. We would have fired his best friends two years removed from a natty. Good luck

vCash
    Sometimes it takes years for a coach and a program to finally pull the trigger on each other. (See Dan Mullen and Florida.)

I doubt McDonnell is our next coach, but we should definitely offer him a huge salary and see what happens.
    Why? He's not done anything lately. He's riding out that job to retirement. I'm fine with him doing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The biggest thing with those two would be adding a staff member with MLB scouting connections. Those two would clean out Mississippi.
    Here's the thing with that. Gotro has that, yet 6 of our 10 top 200 PG signees last three years have been pitchers. We've not signed many great hitters at all. It's not helped one bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    IF this team continues down the same path, it'll be time to make a move. IF that happens, who would you like to see us target?

Vitello won't happen and neither will McDonnell. So now that we've gotten those two out of the way.

-Cliff Godwin; makes $500K at ECU, so financially we could get him away. He regularly makes super regionals at a place that shouldn't be going to super regionals. He's one of my top guys.

-Butch Thompson; 4 years ago, this would've been laughable, but he's been to 2 CWS.

-Lane Burroughs; state guy. I think we can do better

-Tim Tadlock; highly unlikely but I'd give him a call

Who else?
    Butch, all day. He was and is a heckuva pitching coach and had Cohen moved to AD one year earlier he likely would've been his successor. Great guy too. Been at Auburn 5 seasons now and has 2 CWS appearances. His Mom and family live in the Aberdeen area. This is literally home for him. He may not come, who knows but he's the guy we need.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Butch, all day. He was and is a heckuva pitching coach and had Cohen moved to AD one year earlier he likely would've been his successor. Great guy too. Been at Auburn 5 seasons now and has 2 CWS appearances. His Mom and family live in the Aberdeen area. This is literally home for him. He may not come, who knows but he's the guy we need.
    I have to say that might would be interesting and fun. Mainly because of Cohen being in Auburn and the thought Butch wants to get away from him. One thing about Butch, he knows Msu baseball and the fans. But I'm thinking our new AD might want to go to someone he is more familiar with. Not sure Butch wants to leave something he has or is building but who knows.

vCash
    I'm not a huge Butch fan. He'd be down the list a ways. But he's a good coach. Just prefer a different direction. He would've been the hire 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-19-2023 at 10:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm not a huge Butch fan. He'd be down the list a ways. But he's a good coach. Just prefer a different direction. He would've been the hire 10 years ago.
    I'm sorta in the boat with you, good coach but maybe something newer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm sorta in the boat with you, good coach but maybe something newer.
    Program needs energy and attitude

vCash
    I don?t know who we get, but I am ready to clean house with a whole new coaching staff. I have to trust the powers that be to make the best choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    I have to trust the powers that be to make the best choice.
    We do have the advantage of a president that is tuned into athletics about as much as any president in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Program needs energy and attitude
    We had that with Andy. And maybe we just need to swallow our pride, get over it, and go hire the guy. It is insane to even say that, but Lemonis taking a team from a national championship to dead f’n last back to back is a pretty insane scenario.

We would IMMEDIATELY win

vCash
    Bump

vCash
    Bobby cox.