Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ive seen enough

vCash
    We're looking at a Nikki situation on the baseball side IMO. We don't have a head coach with the balls to do what needs to be done. And what coach is doing a good job? Cheese's catchers suck and he hasn't recruited one here. Foxhall is shit. Gotro? He's as good as we've got. Lemonis just sits his pizza eating ass on the bucket and watches. Does he even make a decision? I don't think he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    So.
    Right. If we are dependent on having to get two people we are doomed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're looking at a Nikki situation on the baseball side IMO. We don't have a head coach with the balls to do what needs to be done. And what coach is doing a good job? Cheese's catchers suck and he hasn't recruited one here. Foxhall is shit. Gotro? He's as good as we've got. Lemonis just sits his pizza eating ass on the bucket and watches. Does he even make a decision? I don't think he does.
    At least Cannizarro was making decisions in the dugout.....I mean they didn't have anything to do with the game going on, but he was making some decisions for sure.

vCash
    Lemonis just sits his pizza eating ass on the bucket and watches. Does he even make a decision? I don't think he does.
    Come on man. Lem went right to Dohm after KC. Dohm grooved one fastball and that was the ballgame. He made the right moves tonight, as far as pitching goes. Now batting Lane with bases loaded...well I errr uhhh welll....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    At least Cannizarro was making decisions in the dugout.....I mean they didn't have anything to do with the game going on, but he was making some decisions for sure.
    Haha++

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Never normally do this but Selmon, no Hoover? Its time
    How many of these threads are you going to start? Quit watching man. If you have seen enough, then stop seeing.

Other than our sacred cow QB, you only get on this board to hate on people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Come on man. Lem went right to Dohm after KC. Dohm grooved one fastball and that was the ballgame. He made the right moves tonight, as far as pitching goes. Now batting Lane with bases loaded...well I errr uhhh welll....
    Wrong. This team needed that win. You put Dohm in to start the eighth if you're willing to put him in next batter. He stuck with a kid one batter too long. That tying run doesn't score without the leadoff walk. Ballgame!
    But you're right on the other.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-17-2023 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Cheese? Catchers? Did we not have the best defensive catcher in the game before this season?
    You can be upset without overreacting like bearsharks do about everything.

vCash
    Wrong. This team needed that win. You put Dohm in to start the eighth if you're willing to put him in next batter. He stuck with a kid one batter too long. That tying run doesn't score without the leadoff walk. Ballgame!
    It's easy to coach in hindsight. We wouldn't have a Natty had we pitched it the way you so outspokenly said we should....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's easy to coach in hindsight. We wouldn't have a Natty had we pitched it the way you so outspokenly said we should....
    I'm not the highest paid pitching coach in the country (at one time). Check back after the season. I'm not going to say we finish in last, but we'll be bottom 3 or 4 in the SEC.
    Even Gene Chizik won a title.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-17-2023 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Cheese? Catchers? Did we not have the best defensive catcher in the game before this season?
    You can be upset without overreacting like bearsharks do about everything.
    You missed where I said he hasnt brought one in. Meaning we've got no one right now. He's not recruited to replace LoTan. His FR catcher is struggling back there. His experienced one isn't good. Doesn't even have a backup really. This staff pissed away some great years in our program recruiting wise.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-17-2023 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    If we're even broaching the Lenonis=axe option, what big time coach could we pull? Especially with our NIL limitations? His entire plus-side was recruiting, yes?

vCash
    I'm not the highest paid pitching coach in the country (at one time). Check back after the season. I'm not going to say we finish in last, but we'll be bottom 3 or 4 in the SEC.
    Even Gene Chizik won a title.
    Want to bet on it?

vCash
    You missed where I said he hasnt brought one in. Meaning we've got no one right now. He's not recruited to replace LoTan. His FR catcher is struggling back there. His experienced one isn't good. Doesn't even have a backup really. This staff pissed away some great years in our program recruiting wise.
    I didnt challenge this- I challenged where you said his catchers suck - his catcher last year and the year before didn't. And Of course his freshman catcher is going to struggle at times. Talk about unrealistic

vCash
    Let me sum tonight up.

We lost because our freshmen who are talented played like freshmen playing their first SEC game on the road.

Loo gave up four in the first and then settled down like normal. To me, that technically is where we "lost" the game IMO. Take away that inning and we win 5-1.

Now extra innings- Highfill has to block that pitch. He knows a slider is coming. HAS TO keep it in front of him. Can't remember if he was on one knee or not but no catcher should be on one knee in that spot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Next year- that's something that Highfill will be better at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    If we're even broaching the Lenonis=axe option, what big time coach could we pull? Especially with our NIL limitations? His entire plus-side was recruiting, yes?
    Well....let's talk about reality here.

The only way I see Lemonis fired and we clean house is if we have a losing season again. Personally I think we will have a winning season barring unforeseen injuries like last year.

If we have a winning season and miss the postseason- then I think we fire Foxhall. Gautreau could very well end up at Tulane next year- they are awful this year. 3-14 awful. I wouldn't be surprised if they go in a different direction.

Make a regional but go no further- we may make some changes depending on how certain position groups perform.

SR or better then staff stays intact barring a coach getting a head coaching job.

Despite tonight the team is playing better. If I had to guess we probably at the very least have a winning season and probably at least make a regional. We have enough pitching to make a run IMO.

vCash
    Decisions like that are why Foxhall is on the hot seat. At least part of the reason for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let me sum tonight up.

We lost because our freshmen who are talented played like freshmen playing their first SEC game on the road.

Loo gave up four in the first and then settled down like normal. To me, that technically is where we "lost" the game IMO. Take away that inning and we win 5-1.

Now extra innings- Highfill has to block that pitch. He knows a slider is coming. HAS TO keep it in front of him. Can't remember if he was on one knee or not but no catcher should be on one knee in that spot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Next year- that's something that Highfill will be better at.
    He was on one knee I pointed that out in game thread and that's a huge no-no for me with runners on base. It prevents you from moving quick enough to block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He was on one knee I pointed that out in game thread and that's a huge no-no for me with runners on base. It prevents you from moving quick enough to block.
    Especially the winning run on third.

Thanks for confirming. I usually don't pay that much attention to something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Especially the winning run on third.

Thanks for confirming. I usually don't pay that much attention to something like that.
    Guess it's just coaching pitchers and catchers for so many years that i constantly watch em both to see what they're doing right and wrong lol. Just habit at this point in my life lol. I taught my catchers they could only go down to one knee with less than 2 strikes and no runners on. 2 strikes you gotta be ready to block and with runners on as well. It's become a bad habit in the last decade or so, going down to one knee