Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ive seen enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Guess it's just coaching pitchers and catchers for so many years that i constantly watch em both to see what they're doing right and wrong lol. Just habit at this point in my life lol. I taught my catchers they could only go down to one knee with less than 2 strikes and no runners on. 2 strikes you gotta be ready to block and with runners on as well. It's become a bad habit in the last decade or so, going down to one knee
    It's the new trend and has to do with the angle at which a catcher receives a pitch, the thought being it helps you steal a few strikes. I'm not a fan.

We also don't present a target for our pitchers. We flash our mitt here and there, but dont hold a target. It's sloppy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's the new trend and has to do with the angle at which a catcher receives a pitch, the thought being it helps you steal a few strikes. I'm not a fan.

We also don't present a target for our pitchers. We flash our mitt here and there, but dont hold a target. It's sloppy.
    You are right we are sloppy behind the plate. We don't get set and most of the time catchers still moving when the pitcher is delivering. Umps hate catchers that don't get set quick and it will cost you strikes like it has us. I'm not a fan of the trend of one knee at all. Fine with less than two strikes and no runners on but I've seen to many passed balls and pitches not blocked over the years by this. You just can't block a ball from one knee especially if it's to the opposite side, it's almost impossible to get there.

vCash
    You are right we are sloppy behind the plate. We don't get set and most of the time catchers still moving when the pitcher is delivering. Umps hate catchers that don't get set quick and it will cost you strikes like it has us. I'm not a fan of the trend of one knee at all. Fine with less than two strikes and no runners on but I've seen to many passed balls and pitches not blocked over the years by this. You just can't block a ball from one knee especially if it's to the opposite side, it's almost impossible to get there.
    I agree, but it’s the thing now. Watch other games and he’ll even the WBC. All catchers are doing it. The video I saw the other day said they are being taught now that runners don’t matter as much as stealing strikes. Walks are up, stolen bags are up, throw outs are way down…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I agree, but it’s the thing now. Watch other games and he’ll even the WBC. All catchers are doing it. The video I saw the other day said they are being taught now that runners don’t matter as much as stealing strikes. Walks are up, stolen bags are up, throw outs are way down…
    Correct. The analytics say that stealing 3-5 strikes a game is more valuable than throwing runners out.
    Personally, I think it's lazy.
    Also, with the mew zone in college ball, stealing strikes is not as prevalent anymore.

Archimedes
    vCash
    As a ump that?s total bs. You are more likely to get a strike call on a marginal pitch if the catch only flashes his mitt. Why you ask, because most umps get in the habit of seeing the mitt move and call it a ball. Also the catch going to a knee makes it easier for the ump to see the bottom of the zone. You can steal pitches on the bottom side of the zone this way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We got outbid for two studs.
    My advice as a fellow MSU fan, do not accept this excuse. "Sorry this is your (you fans) fault"

LSU got those two studs, not Kentucky, not Ohio State, or VMI.

Plus, we not talking MSU ranking 15th in the nation and wondering why the team is not top-5. We are talking about scraping enough wins for Hoover. We are talking about a tournament that until recently, we considered irrelevant and a warm up for regionals.

Yes, season has to play out and maybe the optimist like TNDawg will look like geniuses. I will gladly eat crow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We could've given them just as much had we chosen to do it.
    OK then who ultimately did that. Who is doing the bidding.

vCash
    If we make the SEC tourney and a regional then I could at least tolerate giving the staff another year as is but right now I'm not confident in that. To make a regional we will need at least 14 SEC wins with our inexcusable OOC losses. 14-16 in the SEC for this team is a pretty lofty goal. I see the odds on that as somewhere south of 50-50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well....let's talk about reality here.

The only way I see Lemonis fired and we clean house is if we have a losing season again. Personally I think we will have a winning season barring unforeseen injuries like last year.

If we have a winning season and miss the postseason- then I think we fire Foxhall. Gautreau could very well end up at Tulane next year- they are awful this year. 3-14 awful. I wouldn't be surprised if they go in a different direction.

Make a regional but go no further- we may make some changes depending on how certain position groups perform.

SR or better then staff stays intact barring a coach getting a head coaching job.

Despite tonight the team is playing better. If I had to guess we probably at the very least have a winning season and probably at least make a regional. We have enough pitching to make a run IMO.
    Highly unlikely Tulane pulls the plug after one year. They just hired the guy in June.

vCash
    If we lost Skenes due to burning NIL money on Hunt then that was just dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    How many of these threads are you going to start? Quit watching man. If you have seen enough, then stop seeing.

Other than our sacred cow QB, you only get on this board to hate on people.
    Help I don?t like someone?s opinion on a message board mommy make them stop

vCash
    Want to bet on it?
    I will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well

vCash
    Just not the case. But people wil believe what they want

vCash
    We lost Skenes because he wanted to play for Wes Johnson. It is not a hard concept to understand. It has been stated over and over for the last 8-9 months yet people still think we were outbid because we gave money to Hunt and Stinnett. Our offer was just as good as LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Help I don?t like someone?s opinion on a message board mommy make them stop
    Go give Will Rogers a hug.

And while you’re at it, make sure he knows he’s not an RPO guy and he’s gonna get stuffed for no gain, even when he thinks he will catch the defense by surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    As a ump that?s total bs. You are more likely to get a strike call on a marginal pitch if the catch only flashes his mitt. Why you ask, because most umps get in the habit of seeing the mitt move and call it a ball. Also the catch going to a knee makes it easier for the ump to see the bottom of the zone. You can steal pitches on the bottom side of the zone this way.
    Well you would be in disagreement with several mlb pitching coaches I know who want their catchers set and their pitchers not throwing to a moving target but hey i guess you're entitled to your opinion. Now I understand getting the low strike going to one knee but I've seen to many games(like ours) blown because a catcher can't block a pitch and with the new strike zone you're not getting those pitches anyways so there's that. I want a catcher that can block

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Well
    How much are you willing to bet we finish bottom 3 in the league?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Go give Will Rogers a hug.

And while you’re at it, make sure he knows he’s not an RPO guy and he’s gonna get stuffed for no gain, even when he thinks he will catch the defense by surprise.
    Tell me you don?t know what a RPO is without telling me

vCash
    How much are you willing to bet we finish bottom 3 in the league?
    All my cherished vcash and message board cred