Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: UK game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    This team has major issues
    Ya think? Might be kinda late to the party with that take. Welcome to the party come on in anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Ya think? Might be kinda late to the party with that take. Welcome to the party come on in anyway.
    That 7 game win streak is probably the last good streak this staff will have at State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Didn’t he play football in high school? If so he seems to be athletic and should learn from his mistakes tonight. Tough situation for the kid.
    Not all his fault although it stands out in the last inning.
    Yeah he's very athletic. I don't know how long he's been catching but he picked up some bad habits along the way and that happens a lot with very good hs catchers who just athlete their way through. It's different at this level. He's to jittery back there, doesn't get set quick enough and it makes him off balance and that's why so many passes balls and why he can't block. Also you cannot get on one with runners on, it's a bad habit that catchers have started doing and it sucks. I know cheese has been working with him but he's having to unlearn years of bad habits. As my old coach used to say it takes 5 minutes to pick up bad habits and 2 weeks to break them. He's got talent but a lot of work to do. He will be good if he does the work

vCash
    We lost mainly because of a really bad first inning. Yes it’s bad to lose of a walk and two pitches, but go look how we started.
    Exactly why we lost. The big majority of the time you don't lose on the last play of any contest. It happened much earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he's very athletic. I don't know how long he's been catching but he picked up some bad habits along the way and that happens a lot with very good hs catchers who just athlete their way through. It's different at this level. He's to jittery back there, doesn't get set quick enough and it makes him off balance and that's why so many passes balls and why he can't block. Also you cannot get on one with runners on, it's a bad habit that catchers have started doing and it sucks. I know cheese has been working with him but he's having to unlearn years of bad habits. As my old coach used to say it takes 5 minutes to pick up bad habits and 2 weeks to break them. He's got talent but a lot of work to do. He will be good if he does the work
    Good points, I’m not sure since he played football how much teaching of fundamentals he learned. I get what you are saying, hope he is a fast learner as catching may be the most important position on defense.
    I feel for the kid, but that first inning was really bad. No doubt we have some serious issues. But hopefully we will bounce back the next two days. If not, it could be Ron Polk last days again.
    Btw, lot of sec teams are really good and many are way over rated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we manage another last place finish then Lemonis will be done.
    12 or less SEC wins and we will have to make serious staff changes. If we finish last again it would be tough for even Lemonis to survive that but the issue is that EVERY team in the West is going to be very good this year. With our pitching and defense deficiencies it's pretty easy to see us coming in last. We've already lost an SEC game tonight we should have won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    12 or less SEC wins and we will have to make serious staff changes. If we finish last again it would be tough for even Lemonis to survive that but the issue is that EVERY team in the West is going to be very good this year. With our pitching and defense deficiencies it's pretty easy to see us coming in last. We've already lost an SEC game tonight we should have won.
    4 to 5 teams in the West are good every year. I'm not giving Lemonis any excuses. He had his mulligan last year and it's gone. If he comes in last again he needs to go. It really is that simple. There's high quality coaches we could get to take over in no time. And now that we don't have "The Smartest Man In The Room" running the search we might be able to lure a big name. We could always circle back to Butch or Lane if we needed to.

vCash
    Damn we loose 1 SEC game, which we should have won, and we’re all of a sudden finishing last and missing Hoover/NCAA tournament… Good thing some of y’all don’t turkey hunt***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Damn we loose 1 SEC game, which we should have won, and we’re all of a sudden finishing last and missing Hoover/NCAA tournament… Good thing some of y’all don’t turkey hunt***
    Yep, that happens when you start off the SEC year losing to a mediocre team with a bunch of really good teams waiting down the line. Next 2 games will be interesting. We desperately need to win both.

vCash
    Bud, I love to turkey hunt. That and football are my passions, this is not that

vCash
    Most of us predicted a 4-1 finish at the start of this week. Don?t think anyone predicted us going 5-0. We still have two more games this weekend. Hopefully we can bounce back tomorrow and put up enough runs so we can all kick back and drink beer without the pressure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Most of us predicted a 4-1 finish at the start of this week. Don?t think anyone predicted us going 5-0. We still have two more games this weekend. Hopefully we can bounce back tomorrow and put up enough runs so we can all kick back and drink beer without the pressure
    The problem is that between the loss to VMI and the midweek loss to Monroe we're already behind the 8 ball with how the back half of our schedule looks. We may not have predicted a perfect week but we really needed it.

vCash
    We haven't looked good all season. It's not the one loss. We can win the next two and my opinion is the same. We're going to get completely destroyed by the good SEC teams. We're no longer a top tier team in the SEC. All those CWS and a Natty were wasted by this staff.

vCash
    There can be no constructive conversations enjoyed after a loss on here. We are going to lose baseball games. Freaking out makes the board and the season even worse for the rest of us who enjoy the game. We aren't winning a title every year.

vCash
    Good points, I’m not sure since he played football how much teaching of fundamentals he learned. I get what you are saying, hope he is a fast learner as catching may be the most important position on defense.
    I feel for the kid, but that first inning was really bad. No doubt we have some serious issues. But hopefully we will bounce back the next two days. If not, it could be Ron Polk last days again.
    Btw, lot of sec teams are really good and many are way over rated.
    Right on, Base! Let's get the next two. I agree with you, especially about sec

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There can be no constructive conversations enjoyed after a loss on here. We are going to lose baseball games. Freaking out makes the board and the season even worse for the rest of us who enjoy the game. We aren't winning a title every year.
    You're a good dude, my man! Rep!

vCash
    You're a good dude, my man! Rep!
    Thanks, man. Out on the date with my wife and I don't even want to get on here when I get home because I knew we lost in extras. Heck our pitching was great once our freshman settled down. We got to give these guys some Grace. I thought we pitched as well tonight as we have all season. Steady improvements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Thanks, man. Out on the date with my wife and I don't even want to get on here when I get home because I knew we lost in extras. Heck our pitching was great once our freshman settled down. We got to give these guys some Grace. I thought we pitched as well tonight as we have all season. Steady improvements.
    You're welcome and Yeah the pitchings starting to come together little by little. Get Cade and Nixon back and will be even better. Baseball is a game of patience.

vCash
    You're welcome and Yeah the pitchings starting to come together little by little. Get Cade and Nixon back and will be even better. Baseball is a game of patience.
    I don't think patience has ever been said on elitedawgs... Some people prolly think it's "An old wooden ship used during civil war times..."***

vCash
    I don't think patience has ever been said on elitedawgs... Some people prolly think it's "An old wooden ship used during civil war times..."***
    That is awesome!