Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: UK game 1

vCash
    game of patience, hence why most people cant stomach a slow start and why they never played past little league yet they will knock these kids and feel vindicated because they are "fans" State has way to many never has beens in its fanbase. A true fan knows what this sport is about and gives grace when it is needed. Short memories and knowing you are only as good as your next pitch or next AB.. We are very young, and they are competing now, this team is going to be special, may not be this year but this year is going to be indispensable to their success in subsequent years. Fan base or not, these kids will suceed for themselves and not the fair weather fans that just dont get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Damn we loose 1 SEC game, which we should have won, and we’re all of a sudden finishing last and missing Hoover/NCAA tournament… Good thing some of y’all don’t turkey hunt***
    That would be fine and dandy had we not just finished last last year. People are pissed and they have a right to be. This isn't our standard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That would be fine and dandy had we not just finished last last year. People are pissed and they have a right to be. This isn't our standard.
    I understand that but people need to leave last year, last year… We are a totally diff team. We have looked tons better and I thought we played good today. We had plenty of chances to win it and I honestly thought Dohm was Fixen to shut them down. I even told my wife it was over when he came in and I went to take a shower for work. We had an opportunity in the 9th. I would have pinch hit tho.

Our pitching has looked tons better than last year. Y’all have to also realize, this was Lo’s first SEC start as a TRUE freshman. Once he settled, he was lights out. Hell he didn’t give up but like 2 hits.

Like I said. Just win the series. You aren’t gonna hardly sweep anyone in the sec unless your dominate. The conference is LSU’s to loose. I honestly think no one is gonna catch them this year. They may have some bumps, but they have every piece you could possibly want, just like we have every piece to make a run. So what if we lost to a few early games. You win your SEC series, everything will fall into place. We still have 2 more games to play this wknd.

Baseball is a fickle bitch. We liable come out today and look awesome. Then everyone will be happy again…

Now on a side note, I would have retool our lineup a little. Alford has to sit and I would give Husjak a chance. We have to have a decent bag at the end of the order. I think you move Hancock down and get Chance out of the 3 hole. Move Hines and Clark up. They are getting hot. I think Ledbetter needs to Be in the 3 hole. Something like this. Mix some guys up a little.

Larry
    Chance
    Ledbetter
    Hines
    Hujsak
    Clark
    Highfill
    Hancock
    Forsythe

On a side note, Hunt looked awesome even with a horrible ump. He was very inconsistent and I even told my wife it was Fixen to be bad bringing him in with that ump, but he looked great! I thought it was the right move bringing him in for the 8th, and yanking him when he did. I wouldn’t have played it any different. He was mowing them down up to that point.

Just win the next 2… It’s a new day and I won’t get any sleep today (work nights) cause my Mr Fox vest will be in today.

vCash
    Last night was the making of being swept this weekend

Hope the boys can bounce back today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I understand that but people need to leave last year, last year? We are a totally diff team. We have looked tons better and I thought we played good today. We had plenty of chances to win it and I honestly thought Dohm was Fixen to shut them down. I even told my wife it was over when he came in and I went to take a shower for work. We had an opportunity in the 9th. I would have pinch hit tho.

Our pitching has looked tons better than last year. Y?all have to also realize, this was Lo?s first SEC start as a TRUE freshman. Once he settled, he was lights out. Hell he didn?t give up but like 2 hits.

Like I said. Just win the series. You aren?t gonna hardly sweep anyone in the sec unless your dominate. The conference is LSU?s to loose. I honestly think no one is gonna catch them this year. They may have some bumps, but they have every piece you could possibly want, just like we have every piece to make a run. So what if we lost to a few early games. You win your SEC series, everything will fall into place. We still have 2 more games to play this wknd.

Baseball is a fickle bitch. We liable come out today and look awesome. Then everyone will be happy again?

Now on a side note, I would have retool our lineup a little. Alford has to sit and I would give Husjak a chance. We have to have a decent bag at the end of the order. I think you move Hancock down and get Chance out of the 3 hole. Move Hines and Clark up. They are getting hot. I think Ledbetter needs to Be in the 3 hole. Something like this. Mix some guys up a little.

Larry
    Chance
    Ledbetter
    Hines
    Hujsak
    Clark
    Highfill
    Hancock
    Forsythe

On a side note, Hunt looked awesome even with a horrible ump. He was very inconsistent and I even told my wife it was Fixen to be bad bringing him in with that ump, but he looked great! I thought it was the right move bringing him in for the 8th, and yanking him when he did. I wouldn?t have played it any different. He was mowing them down up to that point.

Just win the next 2? It?s a new day and I won?t get any sleep today (work nights) cause my Mr Fox vest will be in today.
    This guy gets it. This is how I see it as well. I would rep you if I could on my cell phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    game of patience, hence why most people cant stomach a slow start and why they never played past little league yet they will knock these kids and feel vindicated because they are "fans" State has way to many never has beens in its fanbase. A true fan knows what this sport is about and gives grace when it is needed. Short memories and knowing you are only as good as your next pitch or next AB.. We are very young, and they are competing now, this team is going to be special, may not be this year but this year is going to be indispensable to their success in subsequent years. Fan base or not, these kids will suceed for themselves and not the fair weather fans that just dont get it.
    I agree with this 100%. Great post.

vCash
    Guys this isn?t a slow start. This is 2 years of unacceptable results

vCash
    There?s no such thing as patience any more in college athletics due to todays rules. You?re assuming most of the promising young guns are coming back next year. Maybe they do but there?s no way of knowing that in todays NIL and transfer landscape.

To add, the slow start wouldn?t be so intolerable if it wasn?t a continuation of last season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Guys this isn?t a slow start. This is 2 years of unacceptable results
    While it's hard to argue with what you're saying, last year was all about pitching injuries. Sims was on track to be absolutely dominant before he got injured. Then we lost a few more extremely important pieces of our pitching staff.

vCash
    There is no point in getting into stupid arguments with idiots, eventually they will outlast you and win due to experience.

vCash
    There is no point in getting into stupid arguments with idiots, eventually they will outlast you and win due to experience.
    Yep.