Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football - why I ultimately believe in Arnette

vCash

Football - why I ultimately believe in Arnette

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/stat...079139329?s=20

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnett. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 03-17-2023 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Great post and i agree.

vCash
    Quick Arnett story: It was late January/early February and CZA was on a HS visit just hanging out with the coaches. Unbeknownst to Arnett they were having a little get-together/pizza party thing that day. The pizza arrives and the coaches send some football players out to the delivery guy, to help him bring in 40-50 pizzas. Arnett gets up from his seat and says, (paraphrasing) "hey I'm not doing anything I'll help". Goes out and helps the guys bring in stacks of pizza. Jokingly, the comment was made "highest paid pizza delivery guy in the state (probably on earth)". I cant name very many SEC HC's who would do that, organically, without it being disingenuous and fake. The guy honestly doesn't know that he is a big deal now.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Quick Arnett story: It was late January/early February and CZA was on a HS visit just hanging out with the coaches. Unbeknownst to Arnett they were having a little get-together/pizza party thing that day. The pizza arrives and the coaches send some football players out to the delivery guy, to help him bring in 40-50 pizzas. Arnett gets up from his seat and says, (paraphrasing) "hey I'm not doing anything I'll help". Goes out and helps the guys bring in stacks of pizza. Jokingly, the comment was made "highest paid pizza delivery guy in the state (probably on earth)". I cant name very many SEC HC's who would do that, organically, without it being disingenuous and fake. The guy honestly doesn't know that he is a big deal now.
    Work ethic, humble, loves what he's doing and driven. Yeah I think ol Zach gonna be just fine.

vCash
    Arnette probably realizes he's a big deal but doesn't like it and will probably go out of his way not to be that way. That's an awesome story and thanks for sharing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnette. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.
    There are some things that are going to happen that I think a lot of y'all will like very much. Bringing back a few things from the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnette. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.
    Wait, who is Arnette? Do you mean our coach, Arnett?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    There are some things that are going to happen that I think a lot of y'all will like very much. Bringing back a few things from the past.
    That's good to hear. I love the guys energy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    Arnette is my nickname for him*

vCash
    He really is one of us. Had conversations with him myself at clinics, just me and him for 15-20 mins. More detailed than just about any other coach I have met. Im a Arnett guy. 22 was his best year yet, partly bc the safeties group was just better and the fact that he coached them, it made him tweak a little bit realizing what we asked them to do in 20 and 21 was good on paper but really hard on the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He really is one of us. Had conversations with him myself at clinics, just me and him for 15-20 mins. More detailed than just about any other coach I have met. Im a Arnett guy. 22 was his best year yet, partly bc the safeties group was just better and the fact that he coached them, it made him tweak a little bit realizing what we asked them to do in 20 and 21 was good on paper but really hard on the field
    I appreciate your take on this because you know this stuff better than most of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I appreciate your take on this because you know this stuff better than most of us.
    It ain?t about me brotha but I appreciate that. If Arnett fails it won?t be bc he doesn?t work hard for us and go the extra mile.

vCash
    It ain?t about me brotha but I appreciate that. If Arnett fails it won?t be bc he doesn?t work hard for us and go the extra mile.
    Perfectly said

vCash
    Good stuff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    Arnett isn't officially our head coach until our fans start adding an "s" to his name. See, e.g., Crooms, Sylvester and Mullins, Dan.

vCash
    He's got me pretty fired up about football and it takes a lot to fire me up. After all....I'm a geezer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    They putting boobie on the road recruiting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Man that guy is a dawg fo life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Sadly no, but I really like what?s coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    He's got me pretty fired up about football and it takes a lot to fire me up. After all....I'm a geezer.
    Right there with ya!