Thread: What a great basketball season

vCash

What a great basketball season

Obviously tonight sucked, but when you get in the tourney, it ends bad for 67 teams.

We have an outstanding coach that deserves a nice raise. I still love tolu, cam, rams, and Shak, and I want these 4 to be the core of next season's team. Now let's hold to Hubbard, get jones in the weight room, and find a shooter(s) in the portal. Next season let's improve that seeding.

Hats off to jans, staff, and team

vCash
    Jans deserves National Coach of the Year for this team even sniffing the tournament. Pay the man whatever he wants. I would be good with completely rebuilding the team to be honest. If we have to bring one back I guess bring Tolu back. I can also live with Jeffries because his defense is good and he's long. We need shooters and lots of them. If you can find 3 elite shooters, 36% and up from 3, then I don't have a problem bringing Rams back. The rest need to be relegated to the second unit. Our lineup next year needs to be:

PG: Rams/Transfer
    SG: Transfer
    SF: Transfer
    PF: Jeffries/Transfer
    C: Tolu

2nd Unit:

PG: Rams/Hubbard
    SG: Shak/Fort
    SF: Jones/Jeffries
    PF: Matthews/Jeffries
    C: McNair

Jans has said it best multiple times. We have to build teams not programs. There's already close to 400 guys in the portal. We can find 3-5 shooters.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-14-2023 at 11:55 PM.

vCash
    Great post, 7 and I agree completely! Proud of these kids and they were fun to watch with how they competed and hustled. Was very refreshing!

vCash
    Great season but very disappointed in tonight. Idc what anyone here responds, we had no business losing that game. Put a really sour taste in my mouth. Does not feel like we made tourney at all, field of 64 is only thing I consider a success

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Great season but very disappointed in tonight. Idc what anyone here responds, we had no business losing that game. Put a really sour taste in my mouth. Does not feel like we made tourney at all, field of 64 is only thing I consider a success
    My feelings also

vCash
    I agree about we shoulda won tonight, but disagree about this season being unsuccessful.

Since our win vs aTm, we haven't been the same team. Wonder if we run out of gas.

vCash
    We did make the tourney. It said so on my TV guide. Yes we lost I?m depressed we came within one shot of moving on. Hurts badly to lose like that. To start the season and mid season NOBODY gave us a chance to be in the tourney yet we were one shot away from moving on in the tourney. After a long time of not making the tourney I?ll take anything and surely build off it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    My feelings also
    Me too.

vCash
    If we didn't make the tourney, then the Ncaa should be fined for having March Madness logo on the floor. Regardless it is the tourney.

Jans did a very good job, gonna be interesting moving forward. Btw, I will say it again, Pitt was much better than I expected. Guard play was really good, plus the 7-footer kid is gonna be decent in years to come. Tolu was a little off last night, Cam and DJ play hard, but don't bring much to the offense. Davis was the most improved player; Shak has a chance to be really good next year.

vCash
    Agree, great season and awesome to make the tourney.

But sour taste I agree too. We got to be in the tourney for what 2 days. Better than none but we really didn't get to enjoy it; not even as much as the Thrus Fri first round guys which I still say the 4 11 seeds got screwed from power 5 conf.

Getting the second weekend (sweet 16) is the first payoff in NCAAT.

vCash
    I honestly feel like making the tournament was about the most we could ask from out of this team. At the same time we looked much better overall in that stretch from @Alabama to aTm. After the aTm game we reverted back to some of the stuff we did in the first half of SEC play. Now Jans needs to recruit some shooting guards and get some quality transfers.

vCash
    THIS for me too.