Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Posted this is another thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,154
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Coached college ball myself. Did your middle school team win championship?
    LOL.

  2. #22
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,356
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    With the way Pitt shoots the 3 they are a danger to any team in the tourney and they will not play another team that plays defense like State. They have 4 legit 3 point shooters,
    State's weakness was no consistent perimeter shooters to keep them from sagging 3 back on Tolu.
    I have them beating Iowa St & Xavier in my bracket.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,009
    vCash
    3100
    One and done is better than the NIT ten times out of ten. And yes, losing last night still counts as being in the NCAA Tournament. Don?t know why anyone would want to sell ourselves short on what was a season that greatly exceeded expectations.

  4. #24
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,356
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Coached college ball myself. Did your middle school team win championship?
    This may be the reason it's "coached" & not "coaching"... But carry on, sir!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,089
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    One and done is better than the NIT ten times out of ten. And yes, losing last night still counts as being in the NCAA Tournament. Don?t know why anyone would want to sell ourselves short on what was a season that greatly exceeded expectations.
    Because most of our fans don’t really care about basketball or understand it. I wish our fans put as much enthusiasm into basketball as they do for baseball

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,288
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Because most of our fans don’t really care about basketball or understand it. I wish our fans put as much enthusiasm into basketball as they do for baseball
    If our success matched our baseball success. We would support it. Women's hoops proved that. Nobody ever use to go to those games. Put a contender on the floor and guess what, fills up. Clearly our support in men's hoops this year was way better than the previous few years.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Covington, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    700722589
    those that performed 1 and done in the NCAA Vs. a run in the nit got their wish.

  8. #28
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,418
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I have them beating Iowa St & Xavier in my bracket.
    Be real, man... you had state beating Iowa st and Xavier

    Haha

  9. #29
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,418
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    those that performed 1 and done in the NCAA Vs. a run in the nit got their wish.
    Wouldn't trade a loss like night for an NIT win last night.

  10. #30
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,356
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Be real, man... you had state beating Iowa st and Xavier

    Haha
    If they shoot like they did against us it's as realistic as you can get. Even if they don't they are plenty talented enough to beat either Iowa St or Xavier. I always thought Iowa St would have been an easier game for us than Pitt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.