Thread: Posted this is another thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Posted this is another thread

Posted this in another thread posing the question: Would you rather have an NIT Championship or make NCAAT but lose in play-in game?

My gameplay prediction was off but the feeling and what will follow I nailed.

Also, pretty funny that it was SlingTV (that I had to subscribe to in order to get TruTV) and not FuboTV that no lie froze just as predicted. But opposite
    Of what I said, it came back on and startes working we were up 5-0

6 weeks of enjoyment watching this team kick ass, culminating with a trip to MSG where I get to watch them cut down nets and have the media and country talk about how we got screwed and would have done some damage in the NCAAT

VS

Having totally convinced myself we were going to win and make some noise in the tourney, I get up at 8:00am for an 11am tip-off, having not been able to sleep because of the uncontrollable excitement I had for our first tourney appearance in 5 years.

I dig in my closet and put on my unwashed Miss State lucky shirt. I turn on the TV to watch game but the channel picture is frozen due to buffering issues on my FuboTV. The frozen picture shows us having gotten the tip, 3 seconds of game time have elapsed and score is 0-0.

After 5 minutes of plugging and unplugging my Wi-Fi router, the buffer finishes loading just in time for me to see the beginning of an epic WAMSU moment as our opponents center banks in a 3 as shot clock expires to put them up 26-11 with 12 minutes to go in 1st half.

Only down 10 after 4 straight scoring possessions to end the 1st half I convince myself that we got this. With 3 minutes left in the game, down by 16, having watched our #7 defense give up 85 points on 70% shooting, 45% from 3, losing turnover and rebound battle, I break my TV in anger when Tolu fouls out on a moving screen out near the 3 point line in what ends up being a double digit loss to Dayton in a ****ing play-in game.

Pissed off and unable to get out of bed for a week, the sobs into my pillow eventually turn into anger and resentment that stays with me through the off-season and carry?s into the 2024 season, resulting in a half-glass empty negative outlook towards any and all adversity we face.

I start numerous Fire Jans threads after every loss and single digit wins. I no longer watch Quadrant 3 or 4 opponent games unless I see we are losing and then I will hop on Elitedawgs just to make sure the tone of the game thread is as negative as possible.

I cannot remember the last time I was this angry over a Mississippi State loss.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-15-2023 at 12:04 AM.