Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posted this is another thread

vCash

Posted this is another thread

Posted this in another thread posing the question: Would you rather have an NIT Championship or make NCAAT but lose in play-in game?

My gameplay prediction was off but the feeling and what will follow I nailed.

Also, pretty funny that it was SlingTV (that I had to subscribe to in order to get TruTV) and not FuboTV that no lie froze just as predicted. But opposite
    Of what I said, it came back on and startes working we were up 5-0

6 weeks of enjoyment watching this team kick ass, culminating with a trip to MSG where I get to watch them cut down nets and have the media and country talk about how we got screwed and would have done some damage in the NCAAT

VS

Having totally convinced myself we were going to win and make some noise in the tourney, I get up at 8:00am for an 11am tip-off, having not been able to sleep because of the uncontrollable excitement I had for our first tourney appearance in 5 years.

I dig in my closet and put on my unwashed Miss State lucky shirt. I turn on the TV to watch game but the channel picture is frozen due to buffering issues on my FuboTV. The frozen picture shows us having gotten the tip, 3 seconds of game time have elapsed and score is 0-0.

After 5 minutes of plugging and unplugging my Wi-Fi router, the buffer finishes loading just in time for me to see the beginning of an epic WAMSU moment as our opponents center banks in a 3 as shot clock expires to put them up 26-11 with 12 minutes to go in 1st half.

Only down 10 after 4 straight scoring possessions to end the 1st half I convince myself that we got this. With 3 minutes left in the game, down by 16, having watched our #7 defense give up 85 points on 70% shooting, 45% from 3, losing turnover and rebound battle, I break my TV in anger when Tolu fouls out on a moving screen out near the 3 point line in what ends up being a double digit loss to Dayton in a ****ing play-in game.

Pissed off and unable to get out of bed for a week, the sobs into my pillow eventually turn into anger and resentment that stays with me through the off-season and carry?s into the 2024 season, resulting in a half-glass empty negative outlook towards any and all adversity we face.

I start numerous Fire Jans threads after every loss and single digit wins. I no longer watch Quadrant 3 or 4 opponent games unless I see we are losing and then I will hop on Elitedawgs just to make sure the tone of the game thread is as negative as possible.

I cannot remember the last time I was this angry over a Mississippi State loss.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-15-2023 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Logic is flawed. This assumes we would kick ass in the nit. Big assumption. Pitt was a "bubble team". Pretty much what the nit field is made of... especially past round one.

vCash
    Pitt is not great. They won?t win another one I?d bet. Jans did as good of a job as I have seen here coaching

vCash
    Btw. I'm sure everyone will argue we made the ncaas. But this felt very NITish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Logic is flawed. This assumes we would kick ass in the nit. Big assumption. Pitt was a "bubble team". Pretty much what the nit field is made of... especially past round one.
    Reread post. Question was if you would rather us win the NIT championship (so kick ass) or lose in the play in game. Post was made prior to NCAAT selection. I said Dayton because it was the perfect school to use as an example (like Liberty). The post was funny and unfortunately ended up hitting home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Btw. I'm sure everyone will argue we made the ncaas. But this felt very NITish.
    Agree, as far as I am concerned the field of 64 is the goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Pitt is not great. They won?t win another one I?d bet. Jans did as good of a job as I have seen here coaching
    I know. We were bigger, taller, longer, faster, stronger and way more athletic and we got punked by a team we should have beaten by double digits. Great season but very disappointed in tonight. We had no business losing that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I know. We were bigger, taller, longer, faster, stronger and way more athletic and we got punked by a team we should have beaten by double digits. Great season but very disappointed in tonight. We had no business losing that game.
    I disagree with "got punked by a team we should have beaten by double digits". Pitt was very athletic; did you not see they only had 6 turnovers while spreading the floor and them driving to the basket and they guarded inside very while. Damn some of you guys don't understand the game.

Give them credit, we are not much of a threat shooting outside, for what we accomplished this year is amazing.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Man what game was you watching? They were better at every position on the court except the 5 & Tolu brought his C game. Pretty sure they even have the Big East 6th man of the year, Matthews didn't even show up & Shak missed three 3's with no one even within 10' of him. We should have lost that game by 10-12 points & somehow found a way to be in it til the last shot of the game.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I disagree with "got punked by a team we should have beaten by double digits". Pitt was very athletic; did you not see they only had 6 turnovers while spreading the floor and them driving to the basket and they guarded inside very while. Damn some of you guys don't understand the game.

Give them credit, we are not much of a threat shooting outside, for what we accomplished this year is amazing.
    Some of them watched a totally different game than you & I did. Lol

vCash
    With the way Pitt shoots the 3 they are a danger to any team in the tourney and they will not play another team that plays defense like State. They have 4 legit 3 point shooters,
    State's weakness was no consistent perimeter shooters to keep them from sagging 3 back on Tolu.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    No doubt. Two things with spreading the floor against a good defensive team. One it gives them a chance to drive, plus spreading the floor stops double teaming, passes have to be on the money which they were. Pitt plays pretty good basketball, I wish we had that 7-footer.

vCash

Ha if you only knew, I understand the game just fine. Let us go over what I said. Bigger? Absolutely. Taller? Undeniable. Longer? Check. Faster? Honestly have no clue but would put money on us. Stronger? No question. More athletic? Well, you can argue all you want but having the advantage in a minimum of 4 of those 5 categories lends itself to believe we are much more athletic.

Pitt had the advantage where it really counts, shooting.

vCash
    No I just think there are a few of you who either cannot read or comprehend the words you can make out. That Delta education I guess.

vCash
    No doubt. Two things with spreading the floor against a good defensive team. One it gives them a chance to drive, plus spreading the floor stops double teaming, passes have to be on the money which they were. Pitt plays pretty good basketball, I wish we had that 7-footer.
    You are equating basketball execution and IQ to athleticism which has nothing to do with what I said. Either stay on topic or do not comment

vCash
    Pitt is more talented than us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Pitt is more talented than us
    Define talented. What you mean is they are better shooters. Nothing I said is incorrect

vCash
    Man what game was you watching? They were better at every position on the court except the 5 & Tolu brought his C game. Pretty sure they even have the Big East 6th man of the year, Matthews didn't even show up & Shak missed three 3's with no one even within 10' of him. We should have lost that game by 10-12 points & somehow found a way to be in it til the last shot of the game.
    Literally the only stat where we did not dominate was 3 point shooting. They were 47.4 9of19 we were 6of23. We almost doubled them up in rebounds, had 3 more field goals and same fg percentage, we had better FT percentage even though we made 4 less and attempted 8 less, had more assists.

They beat us by 1 because they made 3 more 3s than we did, 4 more FTs on 8 more chances, and we were not safe with the ball. And our best player got punked by an anorexic freshman.

When you double up someone on rebounds and almost have more offensive rebounds than they had defensive, the game should not be close.

vCash
    You are equating basketball execution and IQ to athleticism which has nothing to do with what I said. Either stay on topic or do not comment
    U asking me to not post is funny. But carry on, I have been on the sideline coaching and I think I know talent.

vCash
    U asking me to not post is funny. But carry on, I have been on the sideline coaching and I think I know talent.
    Coached college ball myself. Did your middle school team win championship?