Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in the ncaa tourney vs Pittsburgh game thread

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    They're showing it now. It was suppose to be a lob to Tulu

vCash
    I?m good bud. I said theyd make their shot and we would miss ours. Classic State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Jans can't hit the shots for them. The starters couldn't put the game away either & we had foul trouble. It comes down to talent. They had much better guard talent than us.
    Jans is great, but he isn't above criticism. He emptied the bench when we were up 6 early in the game. 10-0 Pitt run. That matters. You can't do that in the tourney. The TOs are longer... you get more rest. Play your horses

vCash
    We lost a game we outrebounded a team by 21

vCash
    Cam was supposed to Brandon Vincent. Instead he became the Incredible Shrinking Man. Our 2 guards carried us offensively but could not prevent their 3?s or dribble drives without fouling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Come on. You knew this team wasn't going to advance. They can't shoot for shit. They are the Croom 2007 football team, no offense but lucked into wins. Same this year with basketball. The most non shooting team I've ever seen make post season play.
    Don't insult Croom and Woody's offense.******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jans is great, but he isn't above criticism. He emptied the bench when we were up 6 early in the game. 10-0 Pitt run. That matters. You can't do that in the tourney. The TOs are longer... you get more rest. Play your horses
    I said the same thing when it happened and it broke our rhythm and lost the momentum. Overall Jans gets an A from me though. Very good season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Jans is coach of the year bc boys that is not a very good bunch of basketball players talent wise
    Bigger, taller, stronger, faster and more athletic. Should have won that game by 10 points. Cam and Tolu no showed

vCash
    It will thrill my heart not to set Stevenson come off the bench next year. That guy kills us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He certainly had plenty of room to come in for a shorter jumper.
    I'm ok with the shot. These guys practice the corner 3 more than they do the same shot from 10 feet closer.

vCash
    Cam had some bullshit fouls called on him that affected his play down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We shoulda won this game. They're big didn't play. Their leading scorer missed almost the whole game bc of foul trouble. Jans played way too many guys, and tolu got punked
    We lost to vandy with their big out and almost lost to FL with their big out also.

vCash
    We will have a mostly different team next year and could possibly end up better offensively. That says a lot about the players that Howland left. Bull crap on his recruiting ability. If you ain?t recruiting shooters, you ain?t recruiting for basketball. Athletes are for football. Shooters are for basketball.

And hell. They would even be athletic on the court if the NCAA mandated proper dribbling instead of palming they ball. The so called hesitation move is just blatant palming.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 03-14-2023 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    We lost to vandy with their big out and almost lost to FL with their big out also.
    aTm was our Super Bowl. We've been trash ever since that great win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm ok with the shot. These guys practice the corner 3 more than they do the same shot from 10 feet closer.
    Haha ... well that may be but they don't make them as much as the shorter shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Tolu. Makes him defend the perimeter and it puts a finesse guy on a finesse guy. I have never seen a big man miss so many layups or even attempt so many as he does. He was our best offensive weapon and he won the Howell for a reason. But it says a lot that he was our best option

vCash
    The old style inside out, feed the post game will not win in today?s basketball. We have to get better shooting the ball. Take more threes be fewer long twos. Get to the line. Space the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We will have a mostly different team next year and could possibly end up better offensively. That says a lot about the players that Howland left. Bull crap on his recruiting ability. If you ain?t recruiting shooters, you ain?t recruiting for basketball. Athletes are for football. Shooters are for basketball.
    Well said and I agree. Jan's worked some magic with this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Haha ... well that may be but they don't make them as much as the shorter shots.
    I'm with you. We practice them enough to know we aren't very good at them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yep. And you drive closer you lose the tip in opportunity. We missed both which isn't surprising because this team is not good offensively. It's not a shock.