Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tuesday night baseball against Nichols St

vCash
    We really raking right now and 2 good outings by hunt. Nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    Ledbetter crushed that one
    Would somebody post a score for corn's sake???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Would somebody post a score for corn's sake???
    12-4 good guys, game over

vCash
    Good job. We need a 5-0 week to get back a game or two that we have lost.

vCash
    Very good relief today.

- 0 Walks in 5 innings of relief
    - Only 3 batters got a 3 ball count
    - KC Hunt had no walks and no 3 ball counts, in 2 innings of work

It probably wasn't that the Nicholls' Kids were not selective, they got 6 walks on Loftin.

Also, the Ump did not have a Jose Lima strike-zone. The Nicholls' pitchers had 11 walks.

vCash
    Loftin is the same guy he's been since he's been here. And last year to be honest. Can't command the zone.... and before someone comes and says he did t walk that many in hs, there is a huge difference in a hs zone. And even bigger he's facing one or less d1 hitters per game, and they are chasing crap and getting him out of his own mess. Now, he isn't a huge miss huge miss guy as a rule. But he until he can't command his Fb even remotely he's a mid week guy.

vCash
    He?s definitely not ready for a weekend rotation spot. He?s got weekend rotation stuff, and the hope is that he will eventually get there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Loftin is the same guy he's been since he's been here. And last year to be honest. Can't command the zone.... and before someone comes and says he did t walk that many in hs, there is a huge difference in a hs zone. And even bigger he's facing one or less d1 hitters per game, and they are chasing crap and getting him out of his own mess. Now, he isn't a huge miss huge miss guy as a rule. But he until he can't command his Fb even remotely he's a mid week guy.
    Very well said dead accurate. Me and you talked about this very thing after I watched him get shelled at Pearl last year in state championship. If you can't command your fastball you're gonna be very inconsistent as he has been(and was last year the times I saw him). Huge ceiling but gotta command that fastball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We really raking right now and 2 good outings by hunt. Nice!
    This is the best thing about tonight for us. Hunt was good again. We need him. Also got a lot of freshmen some action as well.

Gotta keep stacking wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Very well said dead accurate. Me and you talked about this very thing after I watched him get shelled at Pearl last year in state championship. If you can't command your fastball you're gonna be very inconsistent as he has been(and was last year the times I saw him). Huge ceiling but gotta command that fastball.
    Watched a kid in the Birmingham area last week and last night(class of 2023) that is going to Bama - he?s up to 94

He?s a thrower not a pitcher and a head case
    Last week, walked first, next 3 batters squared to bunt - he tried throwing at then hitting one - finished with 8K 6BB and a HBP in 3.1 - they lost 8-1

Last night, he only lasted 2/3 inning - walked 4 and had a 91 mph flat FB turned around on him by a freshman for a double - they won 14-3 because well defense by other team

I say all that and If you look these kids up on PG that are committed/signed to D1, well, it?s more of the same - stat line is line 38K 34BB and I?m like shouldn?t that be a red flag?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Watched a kid in the Birmingham area last week and last night(class of 2023) that is going to Bama - he?s up to 94

He?s a thrower not a pitcher and a head case
    Last week, walked first, next 3 batters squared to bunt - he tried throwing at then hitting one - finished with 8K 6BB and a HBP in 3.1 - they lost 8-1

Last night, he only lasted 2/3 inning - walked 4 and had a 91 mph flat FB turned around on him by a freshman for a double - they won 14-3 because well defense by other team

I say all that and If you look these kids up on PG that are committed/signed to D1, well, it?s more of the same - stat line is line 38K 34BB and I?m like shouldn?t that be a red flag?
    Agree. You can maybe sign a few guys like this that have a high ceiling and potential but you can't fill up your bullpen with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You nailed it on the strike zone. Nearly all HS umps call 2 balls off the plate.

vCash
    For those of you watching the Basketball game last night:

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.