Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday night baseball against Nichols St

vCash

Tuesday night baseball against Nichols St

I'm not a fan of having 2 mid-week games leading up to the opening week of SEC play as I have concern that if could play havoc with an already shaky pitching staff.

That said, does it make sense to let Tuesday's game be a bullpen game and hold Loftin for the Wednesday start against the stronger RPI team (U-La-La)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I'm not a fan of having 2 mid-week games leading up to the opening week of SEC play as I have concern that if could play havoc with an already shaky pitching staff.

That said, does it make sense to let Tuesday's game be a bullpen game and hold Loftin for the Wednesday start against the stronger RPI team (U-La-La)?
    Depends. If Cade can start one of the games it doesn't matter much to me who starts which one.

vCash
    If ull starts who I've heard they're gonna start we should score some runs, I know the kid well. Of course they could go a different direction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If ull starts who I've heard they're gonna start we should score some runs, I know the kid well. Of course they could go a different direction
    I haven't seen who we're starting so I guess we're TBA and TBA with Loftin obviously being one of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I haven't seen who we're starting so I guess we're TBA and TBA with Loftin obviously being one of those.
    Yeah Loftin will definitely start one of em. Probably save him for ull. Not 100% sure but we maybe saving Cade and getting him healthy for this weekend, don't know that for sure though. We could beat Nichols with a bullpen game and maybe use some guys against them who haven't seen a lot of action. I could see Hunt starting against Nicholls they're not very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hopefully we can plate some runs and reduce the pressure on our pitching.

Of the 10 non-conference games we have remaining, only OM (14 RPI) in the gov cup has a higher RPI than ULL (73 RPI). I know many don't want to focus on RPI this early in the season, but we're unfortunately 13th out of 14 in the SEC atm (hanging out around 75). I'm just saying that I think Loftin gives us our best chance to win Wednesday night (which we really need, especially when you consider we have 3 SWAC school RPI-killers among these last 10 OOC games).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Hopefully we can plate some runs and reduce the pressure on our pitching.

Of the 10 non-conference games we have remaining, only OM (14 RPI) in the gov cup has a higher RPI than ULL (73 RPI). I know many don't want to focus on RPI this early in the season, but we're unfortunately 13th out of 14 in the SEC atm (hanging out around 75). I'm just saying that I think Loftin gives us our best chance to win Wednesday night (which we really need, especially when you consider we have 3 SWAC school RPI-killers among these last 10 OOC games).
    I would pitch Loftin against ull. We can beat Nicholls with some of our less used pitchers. I would like to see hunt start against them(Nicholls)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Depends. If Cade can start one of the games it doesn't matter much to me who starts which one.
    Cade not playing according to BD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I'm sure they're trying to get him 100% for sec play.

vCash
    I would throw Forsythe against Nicholls and Loftin against ULL. Our RPI will jump in SEC play. Just win… Everything we want is still in front of us…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would throw Forsythe against Nicholls and Loftin against ULL. Our RPI will jump in SEC play. Just win… Everything we want is still in front of us…
    Yeah rpi will definitely take care of itself when we hit sec provided we win. Just win baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would throw Forsythe against Nicholls and Loftin against ULL. Our RPI will jump in SEC play. Just win? Everything we want is still in front of us?
    This is the right answer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well since we know that now I wouldn't be surprised if we start Loftin and Ynetema. If we do that it will be very telling.

vCash
    Lemo yesterday in talking about UK series said probably not good bringing in guys off IR in cold weather game so I think that says no guys back for this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Lemo yesterday in talking about UK series said probably not good bringing in guys off IR in cold weather game so I think that says no guys back for this weekend.
    Definitely less than ideal for the next 5 games. NWS is forecasting 90% chance of rain during the day Friday in Lexington with a low that night of 27. Sunny Saturday and Sunday but highs of 41. Lows in the low 40's on the coast tonight and tomorrow night. Won't be that cold during the games but still that's not good for arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Definitely less than ideal for the next 5 games. NWS is forecasting 90% chance of rain during the day Friday in Lexington with a low that night of 27. Sunny Saturday and Sunday but highs of 41. Lows in the low 40's on the coast tonight and tomorrow night. Won't be that cold during the games but still that's not good for arms.
    Yeah cold weather is hard on arms. Should be careful with anyone coming back from injury this early and not pitch em in cold weather like that.

vCash
    It does indeed confound me as to why Arkansas, Missouri, or Kentucky would have a home SEC series opening weekend in March.

Do they use yellow balls when it snows? Or do they eat yellow snow in the stands? 😳

vCash
    Loftin is throwing tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    It does indeed confound me as to why Arkansas, Missouri, or Kentucky would have a home SEC series opening weekend in March.

Do they use yellow balls when it snows? Or do they eat yellow snow in the stands? 😳
    Agree, SEC office should schedule their 1st two weekend series on the road (especially for Mizzou & KY).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post

Do they use yellow balls when it snows? Or do they eat yellow snow in the stands? ��
    LT still work with scheduling in SEC office?