Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beard it is.... A new low for UM

vCash
    Beard is an outstanding coach, and the only reason OM had a shot at him is bc he's a moron. Hopefully beard will sabotage his own career, or he rehabs his image a year before being stolen away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully not well. Every coach will hammer him on it for sure
    Hiring Bears sealed Hubbard for State. When the family learned it was Beard last week, it was over.

vCash
    3 pages and not a post yet about what a piece of crap he is. DV is an epidemic in this country and OM doing this is just emblematic of why: nobody cares and it gets swept under the rug.

There should be a women's protest on the plantation today. But I bet the hard questions won't even get asked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    3 pages and not a post yet about what a piece of crap he is. DV is an epidemic in this country and OM doing this is just emblematic of why: nobody cares and it gets swept under the rug.

There should be a women's protest on the plantation today. But I bet the hard questions won't even get asked.
    Exactly. It's a sad day that what happened can just be covered up.

vCash

Nothing will be asked. David Johnson literally came out and said that last week that their media would not have anything negative to say about Beard. It is sad because you have to draw the line somewhere. I am by no means a perfect moral compass because I have often said that media s***storm be damned if a coach wins you hire him. I draw the line before DV though. You do not lay your hands on a woman as man. PERIOD. End of discussion. There is never a scenario where it is acceptable.

vCash
    Hiring Bears sealed Hubbard for State. When the family learned it was Beard last week, it was over.
    Exactly what I heard and we've got him a pretty good deal in place too, but family not a fan of beard

vCash

Beards a complete scumbag and he's going to a cesspool to Coach so he'll fit right in.

vCash

If ole miss covers up anything about future DV issues with him in oxford like he's Marshall Henderson or MGK they should be sued back to the Stone Age. And we all know they are more than capable of doing it. If Beards gets them dancing regularly they will sell daughters and cut their own throats to keep him.

vCash
    Wokeness failed on this one. Where is the moral outrage and Pearl clutching when it's actually warranted?
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 03-14-2023 at 01:46 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If ole miss covers up anything about future DV issues with him in oxford like he's Marshall Henderson or MGK they should be sued back to the Stone Age. And we all know they are more than capable of doing it. If Beards gets them dancing regularly they will sell daughters and cut their own throats to keep him.
    Sued for what?

For better or worse, at this point, anybody that is involved with him romantically is going to have to go into it with open eyes. If they roll the dice on that, unless Ole Miss is doing something insane like trying to intimidate victims from coming forward, I don't think that's Ole Miss's problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't know why that would be considered silly. You may not agree, but pretending there's no case for it seems ludicrous. What he did in one year at Little Rock was amazing, he had Texas Tech in consecutive Elite 8's and a national title game, and even these 'very disappointing' seasons you point to he had his teams ranked. And you may have been a little disappointed in last year...but take a look at the team he built for year TWO at Texas. It took all of two years for him to have a true contender. Yes, last year may have been a disappointment, but Texas was still ranked all year last year, got a 6 seed, and made the 2nd round. They had been ranked 5th to start the year, but that happens. They actually are 5th this year, so I'm not sure why you keep pointing to his first year at Texas as some sort of clear sign that he's not that great.

He is absolutely a better coach than Andy Kennedy. That's crazy.
    He seems somewhat like a rich man's version of Kiffin prior to Kiffin coming to Ole Miss. Really promising signs so far. Some question as to whether he can maintain a program because he hasn't been in one place long, but not as big because he's already succeeded in a tough conference and he doesn't have the prior record of failure before seemingly figuring things out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Sued for what?

For better or worse, at this point, anybody that is involved with him romantically is going to have to go into it with open eyes. If they roll the dice on that, unless Ole Miss is doing something insane like trying to intimidate victims from coming forward, I don't think that's Ole Miss's problem.
    I meant prosecuted. Covering up domestic abuse will make those coot for croots rumors look like a co-ed mixer at the Baptist Student Union.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I meant prosecuted. Covering up domestic abuse will make those coot for croots rumors look like a co-ed mixer at the Baptist Student Union.
    I hate you for coming up with this before I could.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Nothing will be asked. David Johnson literally came out and said that last week that their media would not have anything negative to say about Beard. It is sad because you have to draw the line somewhere. I am by no means a perfect moral compass because I have often said that media s***storm be damned if a coach wins you hire him. I draw the line before DV though. You do not lay your hands on a woman as man. PERIOD. End of discussion. There is never a scenario where it is acceptable.
    Let's not go that far now. DV goes both ways and I'll teach my sons to always remove themselves from a situation, but if they absolutely cannot and it is to the point of defending themselves, then gender equality goes out the window....

vCash

PR photos released from OM show him with teenage looking daughters from previous relationship. His recent fiance is no where in $ight. Nationwide articles stating many SEC coaches not happy with hire. Bet that doesn't include Oats, Pearl, Jimbo, Petrino, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Beards a complete scumbag and he's going to a cesspool to Coach so he'll fit right in.
    Told an OM friend at church Sunday, Grove in old testament, pagan place of worship. OM has a Grove. Coincidence, I don't think so!**. He hates it when I tell him this. That OM would hire a coach with recent DV arrest, even though fiance conveniently dropped charge$ is pitiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Wokeness failed on this one. Where is the moral outrage and Pearl clutching when it's actually warranted?
    "Pearl clutching" is at Auburn, along with Freeze, another current "win at all costs" scum program. SEC programs racing to the bottom in several low life categories.

vCash
    Fear the Beard takes on a whole new meaning.

The chicks bruises haven?t even healed yet...

vCash
    Heck. I was listing to his intro speech in Finebaum on the way home, and I?d run through a wall for that SOB. After they speech,,he should have 13 5 star schollies and 25 4 star Walkons sittting in the bench next year. Crap. Jans should go ask if he can be his basketball washer for after practice!

Seriously, why in hades would a SEC or any sports network carry the dang introduction speech of any coach when there are 13 other conference schools with some sort of sports news going on.

He said he is there to win championships just like every coach who took a job has said more then once for multiple jobs. Heck. I sell RE and hope I make a $1 million this year as do each of the other 155 agents in our office and 4000 other agents in Mississippi. But it ain?t possible cause there isn?t enough talent for Ole Miss and there aren?t enough houses for all 4000 agents to earn a million each this year.

My opening speech as a head coach:

I am here to do a job that you pay me for. I will do my best and if in 3 years we still suck, you can fire my sorry butt. See you at the Games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nt-chris-beard

Jans has his hands full now even more.
    Is this the part of the Ole Miss coaching cycle where everyone freaks out about how they just hired the next big unstoppable coach and now they're going to totally own us and we'll never win again and we just can't compete and they have no morals and if we don't agree with the sky-is-falling mentality then we're just a bunch of blind sheep who are too stupid to see reality only to watch again as the next savior of OM football/basketball flames out and gets run after losing to lowly MSU too many times?

*checks thread*

Yep. It seems to be that part of the cycle, alright.