Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beard it is.... A new low for UM

vCash

Beard it is.... A new low for UM

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nt-chris-beard

Jans has his hands full now even more.

vCash
    Strictly looking at it from a basketball perspective, they have the top or 2nd best coach in the sec now imo. Damn.

vCash
    You guys do realize that without that BGSU stuff Jans would be thought of just like Beard right? Like I said the other day, this will make kicking their ass twice next year all the more sweeter. We just made the tourney with no shooters and a team that is DEAD FN LAST in team 3 pt pct. Give Jans a shooter and we are going to be a rolling ball of butcher knives for years to come.

Jans>Beard

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Beard is a hell of a coach. But so is Jans. Let the games begin.

vCash
    Maybe. Beard is quite good though... 3 different programs to the round of 32 in 8-year Div 1 career. Obviously even farther at TT.

I like our coach, but I don't see how you can say he's better at this point. Jans certainly is good though

vCash
    Think beard really leans on transfer portal to build, so hopefully him being a new program and his behavior will hurt him getting big names this cycle

vCash
    How well does this go over with mama?

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You guys do realize that without that BGSU stuff Jans would be thought of just like Beard right? Like I said the other day, this will make kicking their ass twice next year all the more sweeter. We just made the tourney with no shooters and a team that is DEAD FN LAST in team 3 pt pct. Give Jans a shooter and we are going to be a rolling ball of butcher knives for years to come.

Jans>Beard
    Agreed. If we had Hubbard this year, we would be a 4 seed or better.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    I don't understand the Beard love. His first year at Texas he had 3 all big 12 players & one all A10 player transfer in & they went 22-12. That was after he had two very mediocre seasons at Texas Tech. Ole Miss won't even come close to getting that same caliber of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    How well does this go over with mama?

Hopefully not well. Every coach will hammer him on it for sure

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Anyways half of my prediction so far has come true. Let's see if Hubbard recommits to them at 1. I hope my prediction is wrong.

I had a strong gut feeling that this was their play. Announce Beard in the morning & Hubbard at 1. That'll make them feel like the momentum is back with their shatty program. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Anyways half of my prediction so far has come true. Let's see if Hubbard recommits to them at 1. I hope my prediction is wrong.

I had a strong gut feeling that this was their play. Announce Beard in the morning & Hubbard at 1. That'll make them feel like the momentum is back with their shatty program. We'll see.
    Meanwhile, we are in postseason play....
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash

If he does, he does. Josh Hubbard is not the end all be all. He is a very good player who can help us, but if we fail to get him we will get a transfer who has done it at the collegiate level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully not well. Every coach will hammer him on it for sure
    I don't think the reputation matters to the players or their parents that much. It might matter some to high school signees. This is because the kid is going away from home for the first time, and mama wants somebody to watch over their kid. But portal players don't care if the coach murdered someone. They are looking strictly at playing time and a coach who will showcase their talents.

vCash
    The SEC just keeps getting loaded with quality coaches. Even Stack really has Vandy trending positive now. I think the SEC teams will do fairly well in the tournament this year, but I think Purdue or Texas will win it all.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If he does, he does. Josh Hubbard is not the end all be all. He is a very good player who can help us, but if we fail to get him we will get a transfer who has done it at the collegiate level.
    Agree

vCash
    Just check your baggage at the door.

Our 500th Member
    vCash

I was half wrong. I'll gladly take it 😜

vCash
    They get beard we get Hubbard, I'll take it!

vCash
    I admittingly don't know much about Beard. I've seen his record and he's obviously won but his longest stint was at Texas Tech and it looks like they won big in years 2 and 3 and then trended down some. His one full year at Texas they were ranked #5 preseason and finished 25. The Little Rock year is pretty impressive.
    I see quite a few people putting him high on coaching lists. I'm just curious why some of you guys on here think so highly of him. Like I said, my knowledge is limited and he may be the greatest coach in basketball. I just don't know that much about him and took a look at his record which is very good but didn't necessarily scream great.