Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Prediction Thread

vCash

Baseball Prediction Thread

Schedule on tap:

Nichols
    UL - Lafayette

3 @ UK

I have us going 3-2 this week- what say ye?

vCash
    4-1.

vCash
    I'm going with 4-1.

Just something to watch as we go forward. Our opponents to date have a combined record of 75-63. UK's opponents to date are 55-67.
    I think we have had a surprisingly strong OOC schedule to date, and it will benefit us going ahead.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'm with Commerce, I think we go 4-1........That would put us at 15-6 with a midweek matchup against Arkansas State heading into the Vandy Series........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going with 4-1.

Just something to watch as we go forward. Our opponents to date have a combined record of 75-63. UK's opponents to date are 55-67.
    I think we have had a surprisingly strong OOC schedule to date, and it will benefit us going ahead.
    I agree. I think we have played a very good early OOC schedule and faced some very legit arms, which definitely will help going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree. I think we have played a very good early OOC schedule and faced some very legit arms, which definitely will help going forward.
    And several of those legit arms have been LH which we've had trouble with ever since I was in school back in the 80's.

vCash
    4-1.
    This is what it should be.

If we manage the staff like we did this week we should be able to make it happen.

Not sure who is going to start Wednesday but I hope it's Cade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    And several of those legit arms have been LH which we've had trouble with ever since I was in school back in the 80's.
    Agree. Also good lefty arms are a trouble for a lot of teams. I always said if I come back in another life I want it to be as a left handed pitcher, lol! (I don't believe in reincarnation by the way).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is what it should be.

If we manage the staff like we did this week we should be able to make it happen.

Not sure who is going to start Wednesday but I hope it's Cade.
    Heck if a few things fall the right way and we are able to get Nixon and Cade back we could go 5-0, but i would take 4-1

vCash
    Love the optimism!!

I think 3-2 because all games on the road and still not sold on pitching staff being consistent in the zone

vCash
    Agree. Also good lefty arms are a trouble for a lot of teams. I always said if I come back in another life I want it to be as a left handed pitcher, lol! (I don't believe in reincarnation by the way).
    I was. And, I had excellent control. A strike was no problem. What part of the zone do you want me to put it? My problem was velocity. 1. If I hit you, it wouldn't hurt. Probably wouldn't even piss you off. 2. College change-ups were better than my fastball. LOL

vCash
    4-1 seems right.

5-0 wouldn't surprise me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I was. And, I had excellent control. A strike was no problem. What part of the zone do you want me to put it? My problem was velocity. 1. If I hit you, it wouldn't hurt. Probably wouldn't even piss you off. 2. College change-ups were better than my fastball. LOL
    Lol, I hear ya! I always hated facing leftys, even the ones that didnt throw hard, the ball is never straight!

vCash
    Lol, I hear ya! I always hated facing leftys, even the ones that didnt throw hard, the ball is never straight!
    I was equally unsuccessful against both lefty's and righty's - which is why I didn't play college ball. If I had been successful, y'all would all remember my heroics at Dudy Noble Field to this day.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I was equally unsuccessful against both lefty's and righty's - which is why I didn't play college ball. If I had been successful, y'all would all remember my heroics at Dudy Noble Field to this day.
    Lol, you're a good dude, Bruns! I played at Dudy Noble one time in my life. My junior year at MHS we played Starkville High School at Dudy Noble and beat them 1-0 in 10 innings. I felt like I was in Heaven that day!

Coach Polk came and talked to us before and after the game and we stayed and watched State play that night! Was one great day!

vCash
    5-0
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    5-0
    Now this is a great post!

vCash
    Me too. Knew I'd never make it as a pitcher but I also played 1st. Used to get all-star in the summer because of my glove. My glove work was good enough to play here but my hitting was so bad it would have been a waste of time even trying. With me, in every sport there was one facet where I was absolutely lights out but so deficient in another area that it made me just average overall. Kind of like those days on the golf course where you're knocking flat spots in the ball off the tee down the center of the fairway only to 6 putt. Or the days you're sinking them from 40 feet on the green but it took you 6 or 7 shots to get there.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope we go 4-1, because the only thing that matters is winning every series in the SEC slate.
    I bet we go 3-2 and lose the two to Kentucky.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    We would be 5-0. But, there will be a "that's baseball" moment in there so 4-1.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.