Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    I don't have a problem with our recruiting right now. A little light, but the camps will be where we see a lot of our guys commit if I had to guess. The biggest problem I have is that we were sold on this staff due to all their connections to MS. And right now we're getting absolutely killed with in state recruiting. Now, I think we'll get 2 or 3 back in the boat before signing day, but it seems like now the goalposts are moving. First it was we're going to clean up in state, then it was well you've got to give them time to get acclimated, and now it's well these commitments won't stick and we'll get them all back. The narrative should've always been that it was going to take time to acclimate and this class was going to be a struggle for us.

vCash
    FWIW, I don't see Kahnen sticking with UF, but it is somewhat concerning that we don't seem to be gaining traction in the state so far.

We have a stigma with recruits that we need to shake

vCash
    We downgraded our offensive coaching staff to get recruiters with ties to Mississippi. When will we see those results?
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    We downgraded our offensive coaching staff to get recruiters with ties to Mississippi. When will we see those results?
    When will you grow up and gain object permanence? Mr. I need immediately to be Georgia good or I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

Go cry elsewhere man. At least RockyReb learned to shut up and tuck his tail when he was show to be an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    When will you grow up and gain object permanence? Mr. I need immediately to be Georgia good or I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

Go cry elsewhere man. At least RockyReb learned to shut up and tuck his tail when he was show to be an idiot.
    Well, we decided to go with an offensive style that requires elite, NFL talent at the skill positions to have any success, and we have yet to recruit a single potential NFL talent at WR or RB.

Banned
    vCash
    Well, we decided to go with an offensive style that requires elite, NFL talent at the skill positions to have any success, and we have yet to recruit a single potential NFL talent at WR or RB.
    Again you're missing the point. It's been two months. Give it some time.

You have no object permanence because if you don't see it then it's not happening.

You have no patience because you literally think rome was built in a day. There's 0 reason for us to pressure kids to commit before they've seen our offense run a single play in game in this regime.

Either grow up or leave. Seriously. And I want you to understand it's not the negativity that people don't like. I need you to understand it's your stupidity.

vCash
    We ran offenses for ~30 years with minimal talent at WR or QB. What we have now is light years ahead of old school MSU.

Point out the NFL talent on the CMU or App State rosters. They seemed to be able to move the ball just fine. You continue to try and convince yourself that NOTHING will work without Leach. Yet you continue to ignore the fact that things weren't going so great WITH Leach.

We were a middling, bottom of the SEC offense for most of Leach's tenure. Which is GREAT for MSU because we historically have SUCKED, like historically bad at offense for most of our lifetimes. But to act like Leach's offense was amazing and Barbay is a lost cause is just stupid on your part. But, keep on with the schtick. You must enjoy being miserable.

vCash

You have no object permanence because if you don't see it then it's not happening.

You have no patience because you literally think rome was built in a day. There's 0 reason for us to pressure kids to commit before they've seen our offense run a single play in game in this regime.

Either grow up or leave. Seriously. And I want you to understand it's not the negativity that people don't like. I need you to understand it's your stupidity.
    He has a point. we brought in a WR coach basically because he played here and the North MS guys wanted him and also a OL coach in Friend who had MS connections and could ?recruit? and had connections. It is a reason to be concerned and questioned. As Steve said-it was sold that these guys were going to lockdown the state. And truth be told, a lot of people brought up those concerns reminding others of what was said of TBuck when we hired him. I?ll reserve judgement on the offense until I see it in person with our guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    We ran offenses for ~30 years with minimal talent at WR or QB. What we have now is light years ahead of old school MSU.

Point out the NFL talent on the CMU or App State rosters. They seemed to be able to move the ball just fine. You continue to try and convince yourself that NOTHING will work without Leach. Yet you continue to ignore the fact that things weren't going so great WITH Leach.

We were a middling, bottom of the SEC offense for most of Leach's tenure. Which is GREAT for MSU because we historically have SUCKED, like historically bad at offense for most of our lifetimes. But to act like Leach's offense was amazing and Barbay is a lost cause is just stupid on your part. But, keep on with the schtick. You must enjoy being miserable.
    Those teams aren't going against NFL caliber defenders on a weekly basis like Mississippi State does. Hey, but let's keep thinking that running the football 63% of the time on first down and running into 8 man boxes is going to give Mississippi State an edge in the SEC.

vCash
    We've had some of this staff for less than 3 months.

Some of you need to just stop. Lock down the state in less than 3 months? It's gonna take a little time folks. But some of you complaining know that. Just being contrarian to fit a personal narrative.

We haven't played a down of football with an entirely new offense. So yes we will be a little behind even with solid recruiters. If you want to overcome your perceived flaws in our staff, go give to the Bulldog Initiative and make their job easier.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    He has a point. we brought in a WR coach basically because he played here and the North MS guys wanted him and also a OL coach in Friend who had MS connections and could ?recruit? and had connections. It is a reason to be concerned and questioned. As Steve said-it was sold that these guys were going to lockdown the state. And truth be told, a lot of people brought up those concerns reminding others of what was said of TBuck when we hired him. I?ll reserve judgement on the offense until I see it in person with our guys
    He has no point. We haven't even played a down under this offense and he's mad that we don't have Mahomes, OBJ, etc. committed to us already.

If this was April 2024 I'd be more willing to listen. Would you marry someone you've known for 2 months?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I was told I was freaking out about ?sounding the alarm? on the ?lock the state down? recruiting staff we hired. I have no problems with taking the best players regardless of where they are from, but don?t sell me that the reason we take certain coaches to ?lock down the state? when we can?t and we are losing the top defensive players to the instate rival who isn?t a defensive minded school.

This kid and JJ Harrell were State leans under Leach?s staff. I wonder what changed.
    Daniels literally said in his commitment interview that there was zero chance he was going to play for the last staff. Lol. He wasn't gonna play in the air raid & I'm guessing he's waiting to see if we change the offense to a little more RB friendly. If we stick to the air raid, then it's not a big miss anyways. But I have a feeling we're not going to be sticking to the pure air raid so I wouldn't rule MSU out of this one just yet.

vCash
    As long as we run the damn ball and treat the passing game like it?s the plague, we will be fine. I know that?s what some of you want.

vCash
    NT

vCash
    OT, TJ Lockhart......Bit of a project with considerable upside if we're willing to wait and develop some. Not a plug and play guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I don't have a problem with our recruiting right now. A little light, but the camps will be where we see a lot of our guys commit if I had to guess. The biggest problem I have is that we were sold on this staff due to all their connections to MS. And right now we're getting absolutely killed with in state recruiting. Now, I think we'll get 2 or 3 back in the boat before signing day, but it seems like now the goalposts are moving. First it was we're going to clean up in state, then it was well you've got to give them time to get acclimated, and now it's well these commitments won't stick and we'll get them all back. The narrative should've always been that it was going to take time to acclimate and this class was going to be a struggle for us.
    Yep.

vCash

Ummm.... it's April. It's been more like 3-4 months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And the biggest impact in recruiting has been by two off the field staff members.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Oh my god. Wow.

Nevermind. Fire everyone. It's been, *checks notes, sees Jan 12th, does a little math, carry the 2*, 2 months and 28 days

Fire them all. We aren't Georgia within 2 months and 28 days. We haven't run a snap but this is a DISASTER.

Y'all idiots really shit your pants and think you're smelling smoke, trying to warn of a bad hire. Maybe trust a professional to cook your ribs next time instead of whoever made them so smoky your shit smell like actually wood fire.

vCash
    We need to 17ing pick it up. I don't care what damn month it is. We've been eliminated from a lot of the top 10 in a loaded class. Can't even get a West Point kid. Been blocked out in Picayune because we 17'd last year down there. This staff needs to do better. They're going to need to flip a couple kids.