Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If Beavers isn't a take for AL, I think we get him. That's a big IF.
    I think we can pull the OG guys and Travis. There's going to be a lot of back and forth this time with all the talent instate.
    We didn't really push for Rush. We know Picayune ain't happening. We know Franklin goes OOS. The rest? We'll see. It's a strong defense year.
    Here we go again. Mentioning that if a blue blood doesn't want them then State can have the leftovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I hope we can do a little better than that in-state. We are a school that relies on in-state talent to win and a year like this year comes around about once every 7-8 years and I really do hope we can do better than what you are saying. The fact that we can't do well in Picayune just blows me away. We have a strong alumni presence in that town.
    Just because you have numbers doesn't mean they're doing anything to help recruiting

vCash
    I want Hibbler, Travis, Moore or Beavers and a nice DE surprise from HS, juco or portal. That's my DL wishlist

vCash
    I don't know if we put this information here, but Dortch just entered the portal.

I had high hopes for him.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't know if we put this information here, but Dortch just entered the portal.

I had high hopes for him.
    Fourth string and passed by a true freshman. Some guys will naturally be casualties of getting in lots of talent. Good problem for the program to have, not so much for the kids. Hope he finds a good landing spot at a G5/FCS/Juco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Fourth string and passed by a true freshman. Some guys will naturally be casualties of getting in lots of talent. Good problem for the program to have, not so much for the kids. Hope he finds a good landing spot at a G5/FCS/Juco
    I just hate a bad evaluation and a waste of a scholarship. I know it happens, but it still annoys me. Moving on....

vCash
    I have stated before our WR room has far too many candidates, especially at the slot, (I went over our roster before Spring Practice began and we had about 14 at this position), with many having common traits in both abilities and size. Our changing O cannot support about 20 or more receivers like the Air Raid kept. You will see more hit the portal after Spring Practice. JMO. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 04-03-2023 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Here we go again. Mentioning that if a blue blood doesn't want them then State can have the leftovers.
    What? He likes AL. AL pulls the best in the country. They may recruit over him. I damn sure hope they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I have stated before our WR room has far too many candidates, especially at the slot, (I went over our roster before Spring Practice began and we had about 14 at this position), with many having common traits in both abilities and size. Our changing O cannot support about 20 or more receivers like the Air Raid kept. You will see more hit the portal after Spring Practice. JMO. Hail State!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goldendawg again.

vCash
    USM

vCash
    Two commits when I started this thread on 3/12 and the same two now. Anyone got any news, predictions, or rumors? Hail State!

vCash
    I just hate a bad evaluation and a waste of a scholarship. I know it happens, but it still annoys me. Moving on....
    It's not like he wouldn't have player here in the past. We deep there.

vCash
    Arnett just put out the commit video. Who is it?

vCash
    Daniels just committed to FL. Our lock down the state recruiting staff is really cleaning up.

vCash
    West Point RB Kahnen Daniels just committed to Florida.

Ouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Arnett just put out the commit video. Who is it?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    West Point RB Kahnen Daniels just committed to Florida.

Ouch
    I was told I was freaking out about ?sounding the alarm? on the ?lock the state down? recruiting staff we hired. I have no problems with taking the best players regardless of where they are from, but don?t sell me that the reason we take certain coaches to ?lock down the state? when we can?t and we are losing the top defensive players to the instate rival who isn?t a defensive minded school.

This kid and JJ Harrell were State leans under Leach?s staff. I wonder what changed.

vCash
    "We can't recruit RBs because Air Raid"

{changes to a run heavy scheme}

"We can't recruit RBs because we changed"

vCash
    I?m big on Arnett, but it?s at the point now where the in-state recruiting is concerning. I hat you have to hope for is that it?s early, and some of these guys will back off of their commitments. More than a few of Mississippi?s top guys headed out of state as it stands.

vCash
    It may be better to catch them on the rebound when they transfer back home anyway. Then you won't have to recruit them at the end of every year after they've used their transfer.