Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I'm told he feels he's deserving of a better offer from a more prominent organization.........
    Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. Guess we will see if it’s a dumb move or not on his part. Of course, I don’t know what we offered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Every kid in the portal with money on their mind thinks they are worth more than what they really are. I bet reality has bit a big chunk out of a lot of their asses. They talk about so many players in the portal that never get picked up
    A lot of those players are processed out by their old school and don't have a choice if they want to play football and stay on scholarship. Most of those guys are hoping to end up somewhere like USM or South Alabama or even Jackson State.

vCash
    who has a count of the new signees on campus in January?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    A lot of those players are processed out by their old school and don't have a choice if they want to play football and stay on scholarship. Most of those guys are hoping to end up somewhere like USM or South Alabama or even Jackson State.
    Yeah that’s why I said the ones “with money on their mind.” But there is definitely 2 sides to every coin like you were speaking of. I hope the processed kids find a home. The money chasers…. I really don’t care because they left a place that wanted them but was looking for greener pastures.

vCash

Money

Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yeah that?s why I said the ones ?with money on their mind.? But there is definitely 2 sides to every coin like you were speaking of. I hope the processed kids find a home. The money chasers?. I really don?t care because they left a place that wanted them but was looking for greener pastures.
    I am guilty of being a money chaser for most of my life. Wish I could have the chance to set myself up for a decent life at age 20-22.

Loyalty starts at home, being true to yourself by getting paid so you can take care of your loved ones and yourself. Money chaser actually make damn good providers.

vCash
    Random question.

Does anyone know what the plan is for Matt Mayfield? Committed to us really early, is still committed, but he did not sign. Are we trying to find somewhere for him to go or is it a situation that if we wind up with a spot we take him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Random question.

Does anyone know what the plan is for Matt Mayfield? Committed to us really early, is still committed, but he did not sign. Are we trying to find somewhere for him to go or is it a situation that if we wind up with a spot we take him?
    Hearing Mayfield will have to go to JC first. Amazing there is still rules on academics in this NIL/Portal crazy world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Hearing Mayfield will have to go to JC first. Amazing there is still rules on academics in this NIL/Portal crazy world.
    What? We are still asking the guys to sign up and attend classes while playing football? Players should try to get an injunction over that kind of hardship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Exactly. It really doesn't make any sense now which is sad, but also kind of funny.

vCash
    Paul Jones tweeting out the eyes emoji. Auburn DL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I am guilty of being a money chaser for most of my life. Wish I could have the chance to set myself up for a decent life at age 20-22.

Loyalty starts at home, being true to yourself by getting paid so you can take care of your loved ones and yourself. Money chaser actually make damn good providers.
    That’s why I hate the NIL. In my mind, they are not supposed to be making career money right now. They are supposed to be setting themselves up to make career money. I know it’s the rules(or no rules) now but it’s not a good system or business model for the schools and not the true intentions of NIL. Just my personal feelings and I guess I shouldn’t blame the players… just the ones who created this mess by not putting in appropriate guidelines and rules and enforcing them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What? We are still asking the guys to sign up and attend classes while playing football? Players should try to get an injunction over that kind of hardship.
    Considering the % that make it to the nfl taking advantage of the free education would be a good idea. But .....

vCash
    The juco DL that visited this weekend just committed to Syracuse....please tell me that we passed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The juco DL that visited this weekend just committed to Syracuse....please tell me that we passed
    Nope. We wanted him. Straight up got beat by Syracuse.

DL recruiting and defensive recruiting as a whole has been bad. Not sure what this staff is doing but the early returns aren't great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

DL recruiting and defensive recruiting as a whole has been bad. Not sure what this staff is doing but the early returns aren't great.
    This should never happen. Especially on the DL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

This is very concerning. Is this early sign for this defensive staff on not closing out on some guys? Where is this guy from? If he’s from the south, even more concerning.

vCash
    Percy Lewis to Auburn. Didnt we just get one of their guys here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Percy Lewis to Auburn. Didnt we just get one of their guys here?
    A defensive lineman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If Davis transfers to a top 25 Power 5 program, i'll come eat crow. If he goes to South Alabama or USM I think we made a bad evaluation.
    Signed with USM, Bad Evaluation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Signed with USM, Bad Evaluation.
    Wasn't a bad eval at all. Kid has ability but not the heart and toughness needed. It was a last minute take that hurt nothing. He should've gone Juco first but we had a spot last minute. He'll wash out at USM too IMO.