Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Based on?
    The fact that three of the state's top WR prospects are committed somewhere else and Bumphis was a GOB hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The fact that three of the state's top WR prospects are committed somewhere else and Bumphis was a GOB hire.
    GOB hire? The dude was a position coach for a P5 conference champion. It's early. Give him some time before you start saying stupid shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    GOB hire? The dude was a position coach for a P5 conference champion. It's early. Give him some time before you start saying stupid shit
    If he didn't go to MSU I highly doubt we would be clamoring over him.

vCash
    If he didn't go to MSU I highly doubt we would be clamoring over him.
    You're right. He sucks. Hasn't coached a game yet. Hasn't been on the recruiting trail but for a few weeks. But sure. Let's write him off because he went to school here.

vCash
    You're right. He sucks. Hasn't coached a game yet. Hasn't been on the recruiting trail but for a few weeks. But sure. Let's write him off because he went to school here.
    I'm not writing him off. But he is off to a slow start.

vCash
    I'm not writing him off. But he is off to a slow start.
    "I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck."
    -you

vCash
    "I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck."
    -you
    "May be" is different than "is".

vCash
    Again how many WR have put in the league in the last 30 years.?
    Bump is a very good hire.
    Straight from the mouth of the Utah Head guy , he didn’t want to lose him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Again how many WR have put in the league in the last 30 years.?
    Bump is a very good hire.
    Straight from the mouth of the Utah Head guy , he didn’t want to lose him
    So we're making excuses or are we trying to fix that 30 year issue?

vCash
    Why do you always get so sensitive lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Why do you always get so sensitive lol
    Lol is that sensitivity? I think it's just common sense.

I'm pretty sure there's an ignore feature if my sensitive posts are too much for you to handle though. Feel free to use it.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 03-18-2023 at 08:53 AM.

vCash
    Lol is that sensitivity? I think it's just common sense.

I'm pretty sure there's an ignore feature if my sensitive posts are too much for you to handle though. Feel free to use it.
    No you are an awesome poster if were being honest I just dont understand this shift weve had over the past year on this board where you cant criticize a coach.

vCash
    No you are an awesome poster if were being honest I just dont understand this shift weve had over the past year on this board where you cant criticize a coach.
    Thats 100 percent no true. Leach took an absolute beating on this board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You right. Since Arnett was hired. I guess cause we haven?t played a game yet so fair to wait, but things like Bump losing all 3 targets this early feels concerning. Hopefully he turns that around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Unfortunately Coach Leach did take a beating. Love CZA and his energy but I sure miss Coach Leach, hard to believe he's gone. I've followed him since his first year as a HC

vCash
    I criticize coaching all the time. I've stayed away from the baseball threads because I'm about ready to fire Lemonis lol

vCash
    I criticize coaching all the time. I've stayed away from the baseball threads because I'm about ready to fire Lemonis lol
    Ugh all I can say about that is thank God for Jans because baseball is supposed to be our safety net but Lemonis didnt get the memo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    The concern with Bumphis is that he was brought here to help ?lock down the State of MS? with his ?connections? and name ability. That?s what was sold when we hired him. Now three of the top WR prospects in the state are committed to Tenn, Ark, and OM. OM is also now favored for the DL out of the Coast-meanwhile we are suppose to be the premier DL school in the southeast. What gives?
    Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.

vCash
    Its a sports message board. if you take away bitching about coaches, i think the board becomes a board about weather, the occasional recruit and waiting for someone that either works for or plays for the bears to get arrested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.
    I don't know. I did read an ESPN(?) article about the top DLs in the league this past year. They listed six and two were MSU grads. They listed two honorable mentions and 1 was an MSU alum. It may not be every year, but we do send the cream of the crop.