Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    JJ & Stonka are a package deal. If State gets one then State gets the other.
    Mannnnnnnn, don't tease
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    JJ Harrell has decommitted from Tennessee.
    😎

vCash
    Boys - arnette is the real deal. I seriously believe he could be our Mike Gundy/Dabo Swinney. I'm not saying he's gonna win a title but times are about to be fun again. And he ain't gonna be lookin for greener grass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Boys - arnette is the real deal. I seriously believe he could be our Mike Gundy/Dabo Swinney. I'm not saying he's gonna win a title but times are about to be fun again. And he ain't gonna be lookin for greener grass.
    When you have someone who is as intense a competitor as Arnette he's gonna figure out a way to get it done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    When you have someone who is as intense a competitor as Arnette he's gonna figure out a way to get it done!
    These guys are excited to play for him. The mentality we have had on defense now encompasses our entire team and it's showing.

And then the stuff about him picking up trash after the camp...attitude reflects leadership

vCash
    I love the instate WRs too

Banned
    vCash
    These guys are excited to play for him. The mentality we have had on defense now encompasses our entire team and it's showing.

And then the stuff about him picking up trash after the camp...attitude reflects leadership
    Sorry but I'm already out on him because he didn't have a top 10 class committed before holding his first camp. I'm already searching the coaching transfer portal for in two years when we've not won the Super Bowl three times already. Bill Belichek may be available to be the DC but idk if his resume is good enough. He hasn't even won Super Bowls at a 50% clip as a HC. Andy Reid would be a viable choice for OC if he repeats his out put from this year the next two years. Id be interested to give him a short leash there. Then for HC we gotta hope that Andy Cannizaro hasn't been scooped up. We need a real recruiter heading the ship and his one year of full recruiting cycle showed me he's the perfect man we could hope for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Does anyone know the story on Daniel Hill and the Brown kid, OL from Bay St Louis?
    Also, I?m hearing that Beavers isn?t fully committed to Ole Miss. It is something to monitor

vCash
    Two observations from someone who is definitely not in the know and just follows recruiting passively.

1. Because of NIL, you are going to see early and quick commits. You have a junior in HS on a visit and they get told they have a $50k deal when their parent doesn?t even make that in a year? Yeah, they?re going to commit.

2. But, I think this will also lead to more decommits later. Other teams are going to match or exceed those early offers, and kids are going to reevaluate moreso based on the schools they actually feel best at. I think that?s exactly what happened with Fred ?Fat? Clark.

I say all this to say, I think our coaches are doing it right. They lost out on guys early probably because we weren?t about to put $ on the table without the kid and the coaches knowing each other better. Once that is established and we know we want the kid, then you move forward.

Again, a lot of this is speculation but it seems we overshot in worrying early. Sure, we may lose a guy or two as well, but I think we have been shown we can trust the staff pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Sorry but I'm already out on him because he didn't have a top 10 class committed before holding his first camp. I'm already searching the coaching transfer portal for in two years when we've not won the Super Bowl three times already. Bill Belichek may be available to be the DC but idk if his resume is good enough. He hasn't even won Super Bowls at a 50% clip as a HC. Andy Reid would be a viable choice for OC if he repeats his out put from this year the next two years. Id be interested to give him a short leash there. Then for HC we gotta hope that Andy Cannizaro hasn't been scooped up. We need a real recruiter heading the ship and his one year of full recruiting cycle showed me he's the perfect man we could hope for.
    Bravo

vCash
    Well, he wasn't hired by Cohen as HC so he's at least got that going for him.

vCash
    Anyone know anything about this TE commit? Rayfield Lotten? Unranked and shows only an offer from Florida State a year ago. 6' 6" and there's nothing else on the profile.

I'm assuming walk on but that's odd with him showing an FSU offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Anyone know anything about this TE commit? Rayfield Lotten? Unranked and shows only an offer from Florida State a year ago. 6' 6" and there's nothing else on the profile.

I'm assuming walk on but that's odd with him showing an FSU offer.
    Yep if I recall correctly on a recent boneyard, Steve said he's walking on for this season.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    New commit this morning: Xavier Gayten from Brookhaven, Athlete, not yet ranked, 6' 0", listed from 160 to 190 depending on where you look. Ran for over 1500 yards last year. Ran a true 4.41 at our camp and excels in track also. Projected as a S or RB. Steve says will blow up as year goes on. Offers from OM and USM. Wants to go to vet school. Good take. Hail State! (2 Free article about him on genespage).
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 06-07-2023 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    New commit this morning: Xavier Gayten from Brookhaven, Athlete, not yet ranked from Brookhaven 6' 0", listed from 160 to 190 depending on where you look. Ran for over 1500 yards last year. Ran a true 4.41 at our camp and excels in track also. Projected as a S or RB. Steve says will blow up as year goes on. Offers from OM and USM. Wants to go to vet school. Good take. Hail State! (Noted on sixpack and genespage much earlier today, as this site is crickets).
    Paul Jones also says he's going to be a safety. That would really help with our recruitments of Daniel Hill and Kahnen Daniels

vCash
    It gets so quiet when the haters can't hate

Banned
    vCash
    Some food for thought on rankings.

Recruiting services have gotten noticeably worse and lazier on assigning stars to kids. They're more reactionary than proactive these days. If bama signs a 3 star, they signed a 4 star. If an sec school signs an unranked kid, they signed a 3 star.

It's worse than ever in "expert" prediction. So do your own due diligence if you want. Otherwise stars are largely meaningless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Paul Jones also says he's going to be a safety. That would really help with our recruitments of Daniel Hill and Kahnen Daniels
    Probably depends on if we get those two or not. But it's certainly possible.

vCash
    I can say this, our coaches know just about every possible player in MS. You wouldn't believe the number of guys they're following that never get mention. Kids that are good but they need to see more of, kids they know are Juco bound but will follow, etc etc. There's a ton of "other" talent in MS right now. The kind Dan Mullen used to find routinely. Talent pool is really deep the next couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I can say this, our coaches know just about every possible player in MS. You wouldn't believe the number of guys they're following that never get mention. Kids that are good but they need to see more of, kids they know are Juco bound but will follow, etc etc. There's a ton of "other" talent in MS right now. The kind Dan Mullen used to find routinely. Talent pool is really deep the next couple years.
    I will say this staff is not letting any grass grow under their feet! Arnett is not gonna be outworked.