Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    I don't care where the talent is from just bring in the best players.

vCash
    Are we just going to be out of it with coast players? Ole miss killing us in state right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You're an idiot if you don't think State is a top 10 or better DL School.

Your arbitrary "statistic" is whack as it is. You went and found the way to try to make it sound as absolutely bad as you can. You said last 7 years so that way you could include this year already, to make it sound worse and cutoff when Chris Jones was drafted. If you say last 7 DRAFTS you have to include him. You say last 8 drafts and you have to say Preston Smith.

You also act like State players don't get criminally under-drafted. We've had guys like Denico Autry make a whole career after being undrafted. If you go and pull up DLine from every school from the last 15 years, you're hard pressed to name 5 DLines better than Mississippi State. I choose 15 as my number because it's what kids committing / transferring will have in their memory and cuts out virtually no one still in the league.

We may not be the best, but to try to tear us down like our DLine isn't in that top tier with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State just comes across as you either A. wanting to be right or B. being a dishonest party.

Couple that with every other post you've made and you're not here to be a Dawg, you're here to stir shit and "right".

News flash, RockyReb

Msstate7: We have got to steal Hubbard
    RockyDog: Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

You were wrong here and wrong in this conversation. Leave this board. You and KB and a few others that popped up in the January bannings are quite insufferable. We remove Coach34 and 10 more worse versions pop up.
    Shut the 17 up Jean. In now way did I tear us down. You are a fool. I simply said we aren?t DL U as the first poster stated. Stop trying to be internet badass and read. I backed up what I said. We have some NICE players in the league like Smith, Sweat, Autry etc to go along with our 3 studs. But what I said is accurate. We haven?t had a first rounder since Simmons.

Simply put you can?t call yourself DL u when you aren?t consistently putting in first rounders like several other teams in the conference are doing. That is in NO WAY a slight to MSU. It is the truth. Sorry you can?t handle it Tater Swindoll

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    So let me help you fellas out that are freaking out atm:

We have a first time HC (albeit, a proven DC) with a near complete turnover of a staff, particularly the offensive staff. Sure we brought in some guys who have ties within the state, and some who have a strong proven track record as coaches, even at MSU.
    However, these guys have been on staff together for what, 2-3 months, and you are all freaking out because we didn?t some of the top in-state guys to commit immediately?
    Give them some time. They?ve only had a few weeks since they?ve even been able to officially contact recruits. Now, if we are in this boat come late October/November, we can start wondering some out loud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    4* DL Jeff Rush from the Coast commits to OM. They are also predicted to land the Beavers kid from Bay Springs and are in the top 5 for the #1 player in the state, Waller. This isn?t good at all-the whole reason we brought in some of the guys we did was ?they know the state and have the connections.? Really hope we can turn it on here soon. We shouldn?t be losing MS defensive kids to Ole Miss.
    Beavers is not high on om at all. Don't count on him going there. He likes us but may go out of state. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post

We have a first time HC (albeit, a proven DC) with a near complete turnover of a staff, particularly the offensive staff. Sure we brought in some guys who have ties within the state, and some who have a strong proven track record as coaches, even at MSU.
    However, these guys have been on staff together for what, 2-3 months, and you are all freaking out because we didn?t some of the top in-state guys to commit immediately?
    Give them some time. They?ve only had a few weeks since they?ve even been able to officially contact recruits. Now, if we are in this boat come late October/November, we can start wondering some out loud
    Bro stoppppp beating the drum jfc its so tiresome. Its a recruiting, nobody is freaking out.

Its conversation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Shut the 17 up Jean. In now way did I tear us down. You are a fool. I simply said we aren?t DL U as the first poster stated. Stop trying to be internet badass and read. I backed up what I said. We have some NICE players in the league like Smith, Sweat, Autry etc to go along with our 3 studs. But what I said is accurate. We haven?t had a first rounder since Simmons.

Simply put you can?t call yourself DL u when you aren?t consistently putting in first rounders like several other teams in the conference are doing. That is in NO WAY a slight to MSU. It is the truth. Sorry you can?t handle it Tater Swindoll
    Last 15 years, First round DL and their Pro Bowls
    Alabama - 4 players with 6 combined Pro Bowls.
    Mississippi State - 3 players with 8 combined Pro Bowls. (Fun fact, Mississippi State has had two DL First round picks selected more recently than Alabama and Clemson's last first round DL)
    Clemson - 5 players with 2 combined Pro Bowls.
    Georgia - 3 players with 0 combined Pro Bowls. All this past year.
    Ohio State - 4 players with 14 combined Pro Bowls.

Again my point is you're comparing us to a fairy tale and trying to tear us down based on that. Instead look at the actual stats. State is in the upper Echelon. Bama and Clemson haven't had a first round DL since Simmons either bud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Last 15 years, First round DL and their Pro Bowls
    Alabama - 4 players with 6 combined Pro Bowls.
    Mississippi State - 3 players with 8 combined Pro Bowls. (Fun fact, Mississippi State has had two DL First round picks selected more recently than Alabama and Clemson's last first round DL)
    Clemson - 5 players with 2 combined Pro Bowls.
    Georgia - 3 players with 0 combined Pro Bowls. All this past year.
    Ohio State - 4 players with 14 combined Pro Bowls.

Again my point is you're comparing us to a fairy tale and trying to tear us down based on that. Instead look at the actual stats. State is in the upper Echelon. Bama and Clemson haven't had a first round DL since Simmons either bud.
    Those look like pretty good facts to me. Thanks for posting that, Tater! Have some rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Those look like pretty good facts to me. Thanks for posting that, Tater! Have some rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.
    Thanks man. Idk what school this guy seems to be thinking of that has a first round DL every year. He's living in la-la land.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Bro stoppppp beating the drum jfc its so tiresome. Its a recruiting, nobody is freaking out.

Its conversation.
    Mm, you might want to re-read this thread. There?s a couple that need a high dose prescription for anxiety already and it?s not even summer. Most heads in the thread are calm - concerned but calm.

vCash
    I only get recruiting info from you guys or free articles on 24/7. I know it is somewhat early and we have several new coaches/administration people on board, but looking at our top 40 targets on 24/7 is somewhat concerning if their info is accurate. Out of our Top 40, 2 have committed to us, 1 (a MS QB) is committed to aTm, 3 are warm to us and the vast remainder are cool. Anyone got any positive insight that can be shared at this time? Thanks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I only get recruiting info from you guys or free articles on 24/7. I know it is somewhat early and we have several new coaches/administration people on board, but looking at our top 40 targets on 24/7 is somewhat concerning if their info is accurate. Out of our Top 40, 2 have committed to us, 1 (a MS QB) is committed to aTm, 3 are warm to us and the vast remainder are cool. Anyone got any positive insight that can be shared at this time? Thanks.
    Recruiting rankings mean dogshit.

We've consistently outperformed our talent in the SEC especially on defense across 10+ DCs.

I proved we're upper echelon DLU so bad that RockyReb won't comment on this thread until we hit the next page (so he thinks everyone will forget)

Our best players have been guys who commit to us as 2 and 3 stars.

We're Egg Bowl Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post

Your points are valid. However we have been sold on "this group of coaches is the best recruiting staff at MSU ever!"

And it seems like we're behind in every player.

vCash
    If Beavers isn't a take for AL, I think we get him. That's a big IF.
    I think we can pull the OG guys and Travis. There's going to be a lot of back and forth this time with all the talent instate.
    We didn't really push for Rush. We know Picayune ain't happening. We know Franklin goes OOS. The rest? We'll see. It's a strong defense year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think we can pull the OG guys and Travis. There's going to be a lot of back and forth this time with all the talent instate.
    We didn't really push for Rush. We know Picayune ain't happening. We know Franklin goes OOS. The rest? We'll see. It's a strong defense year.
    I hope we can do a little better than that in-state. We are a school that relies on in-state talent to win and a year like this year comes around about once every 7-8 years and I really do hope we can do better than what you are saying. The fact that we can't do well in Picayune just blows me away. We have a strong alumni presence in that town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yeah I agree with this based on what I've been hearing especially on beavers.

vCash
    I feel like we will get Hibbler from Holmes County, Daniels from West Poinyt, Eachols from Houston, Moore from Oak Grove, Travis from Grenada, Broomfield from Clarksdale, Woodland from Oak Grove, and Petty from Starkville. I think we might flip Maddox from Oak Grove.

vCash
    The oak grove QB is not a SEC player. Dont see it at all.

vCash
    Petty is 10x better than the OG kid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The oak grove QB is not a SEC player. Dont see it at all.
    Not as a QB. Maybe as an athlete.