Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU vs OM

vCash

MSU vs OM

I'd pitch Lo lefty 2-3 innings. I see no reason not to. We need this game and our mid week pitching scares me against any team with a pulse. Ain't going to hurt a thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'd pitch Lo lefty 2-3 innings. I see no reason not to. We need this game and our mid week pitching scares me against any team with a pulse. Ain't going to hurt a thing.
    I like the idea of CJ pitching LH during midweek, develop his game. Should have been doing this all along. Not 70 to 100 pitches. But 1 or 2 innings when he is all RH in the SEC.

If this get's Pico's services to the weekend, that's a good thing.

Sticking to the script: Pico, Siary, Schulke, then Holcombe if we must, then Davis to close if it's close.

Informational: Ligon only pitched 1 inning this weekend. He was a starter at Miami, seem he could use more work. He pitched 1 inning vs. OM that should have been a Win.

Historical: Seems OM feasted on Shulke in Oxford. Holcombe was also dog meat in Oxford.

vCash
    Pico hasn't shown he's ready for the weekend but damn, who has in that middle relief group? If you throw Siary and Pico that limits weekend times. This game doesn't set up well for us except OM pitching isn't good either.

vCash
    Yea it will hurt a lot. First off, we're trying to get him out of pitching lefty unless the splits determine it. Secondly, he's not great from the left and we need to win this game from an RPI standpoint. This isn't some throwaway game against UNA where we can try dumb shit just for the sake of trying dumb shit. We need to go Pico for 3-4, Siary for 2-4, and then go Davis/Hardin/Ligon/Schuelke to close it out. Basically piecemeal the backend together with guys we can count on instead of Holcombe or Stevens or leaving Schuelke in there for longer than 2 batters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea it will hurt a lot. First off, we're trying to get him out of pitching lefty unless the splits determine it. Secondly, he's not great from the left and we need to win this game from an RPI standpoint. This isn't some throwaway game against UNA where we can try dumb shit just for the sake of trying dumb shit. We need to go Pico for 3-4, Siary for 2-4, and then go Davis/Hardin/Ligon/Schuelke to close it out. Basically piecemeal the backend together with guys we can count on instead of Holcombe or Stevens or leaving Schuelke in there for longer than 2 batters
    Lo left is better than half of what we pitched midweek all year. Reason I mentioned it is we need to win this midweek. if anyone struggles, need to pull them before it is bases loaded and no outs. We took many losses with Holcome early year leaving too long. Lo can manage a few good innings left.

vCash
    Lo left is better than half of what we pitched midweek all year. Reason I mentioned it is we need to win this midweek. if anyone struggles, need to pull them before it is bases loaded and no outs. We took many losses with Holcome early year leaving too long. Lo can manage a few good innings left.
    Coaches don't want to do that. They've weaned him off left for the most part because that will end when he gets to the next level. They want to refine the right and make it as elite as possible and IF there's a batter that struggles mightily with LHPs then we'll switch him. He's also never been primarily left. I do agree that we need to win and if anyone struggles we need to pull them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Pico hasn't shown he's ready for the weekend but damn, who has in that middle relief group? If you throw Siary and Pico that limits weekend times. This game doesn't set up well for us except OM pitching isn't good either.
    Our pitching should be better than theirs. I would pitch Stevens, Ligon, Davis, and Hardin. Maybe Pico for an inning. Those 5 can get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Our pitching should be better than theirs. I would pitch Stevens, Ligon, Davis, and Hardin. Maybe Pico for an inning. Those 5 can get it done.
    Yep, I doubt anybody goes more than 2 innings unless a lesser arm gets hot

vCash
    Yep, I doubt anybody goes more than 2 innings unless a lesser arm gets hot
    I agree, one time through the order at most and then bring someone else in.

vCash
    No matter who we throw Id take him vs their midweek options.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Pico gets the start tomorrow night. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/SKh...ibextid=WC7FNe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Pico gets the start tomorrow night. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/SKh...ibextid=WC7FNe
    The staff wants Pico to grab that last weekend spot going forward so we're going to continue working him towards that.

vCash
    The staff wants Pico to grab that last weekend spot going forward so we're going to continue working him towards that.
    That's never going to happen. And I said that before his injury too. Plus, if Auger has another great outing that's settled really. Pico needs to work to be that Hooty change of pace type. Can start but can relieve. If he can give us 3 innings in relief that's big. Just not sure he can but OM will be a good look at him.

vCash
    Lets hope we get a better Pico than last week. His command was terrible and had to groove to many pitches and got barrelled up . We were lucky we got him out before it got out of hand. He's got the potential.

vCash
    That's never going to happen. And I said that before his injury too. Plus, if Auger has another great outing that's settled really. Pico needs to work to be that Hooty change of pace type. Can start but can relieve. If he can give us 3 innings in relief that's big. Just not sure he can but OM will be a good look at him.
    I like what Auger has done so far. He's much more comfortable in the starting role it appears. If he pitches like the last couple of times out, he should be the third starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Plus, they're in a worse position than we are in that they need their main pitchers for SEC wins just to make Hoover/Field of 64. I can't imagine they'll burn any guys Wednesday night that would be needed on Friday against Auburn.

vCash
    I didn't say it was nor that it should. Just that the staff wants Pico to be a starter for us. Auger has sucked at closing, sucked at middle/long relief, but has looked pretty good starting. So I'm of the opinion that we need to leave him in the 3rd starter role until he can no longer do it.

vCash
    I didn't say it was nor that it should. Just that the staff wants Pico to be a starter for us. Auger has sucked at closing, sucked at middle/long relief, but has looked pretty good starting. So I'm of the opinion that we need to leave him in the 3rd starter role until he can no longer do it.
    Some guys just can't pitch in relief and some just can't start. Auger looks so much better starting than in relief.

vCash
    For one game- Pico, Ligon, Schuelke, Davis, and Hardin. That's what I'm rolling with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Plus, they're in a worse position than we are in that they need their main pitchers for SEC wins just to make Hoover/Field of 64. I can't imagine they'll burn any guys Wednesday night that would be needed on Friday against Auburn.
    Good point. If they could somehow sweep auburn or even win the series they would have some hope, so one would think they save all their bullets for this weekend, but who knows with little mike.